ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk Fans Dealing with Basketball Loss Worse Than Wrestling, Lee Loss

I mean, the woman from LSU taunting Caitlin Clark after the game was certainly not the classiest thing I’ve ever seen, but I’ve seen a lot worse in sports, too. Making it a racial issue says more about you than her, though.

I didn't watch the game since I find women's basketball awful , but I don't think they were that bad. I've seen a lot of bad sportsmanship recently on the court.
Oh, I think the men's game is almost as bad. I recall missing a big ten championship match or two while some basketball game went into OT. 🙄

Admittedly, I haven’t watched much women’s BB, but I’ve read that even before the game, the LSU players had taken exception to Clark’s taunting in other games. You could argue that they should have taken the high road, but from what I’ve read, it sounds like they were giving it back to someone with a reputation for doing the same.

Admittedly, I haven’t watched much women’s BB, but I’ve read that even before the game, the LSU players had taken exception to Clark’s taunting in other games. You could argue that they should have taken the high road, but from what I’ve read, it sounds like they were giving it back to someone with a reputation for doing the same.
That’s what I’m gathering. That she’s the Larry Bird of college women’s basketball. Rumor had it he was an even better trash talker than player. Lol

The solution for Iowa basketball:

wwe-nil.jpg

Anyone else find it just a tiny bit ironical that the school that vehemently denies racism at CHA, despite some evidence to the contrary, hollers it out when their women's bball team falls victim to an LSU bench player having the game of her life in leading them to victory. The young lady led LSU in scoring with 22 points (of note, she hadn't scored any points since the 2nd round of the tourney) on 7-8 shooting, including 5 of 6 from 3.
Games between closely matched teams, as these 2 were, usually come down to 1 or 2 plays OR a player going out of their mind and leading their team to victory. This bench player, with a career scoring average of less than 7 points per game, just did the latter. Get over it Hawks, it happens. Congrats to LSU.

I mean, the woman from LSU taunting Caitlin Clark after the game was certainly not the classiest thing I’ve ever seen, but I’ve seen a lot worse in sports, too. Making it a racial issue says more about you than her, though.
Reese did what Clark has been doing lately. What do you think is the difference that causes the outrage only when Reese did it?

I've never been able to figure out why top Black recruits choose schools who have fans who are known to be racists. When Deion got that top recruit to go to Jackson State I thought it would open the floodgates for HBCUs to become top-tier programs. Instead kids keep going to SEC schools that wouldn't even have accepted them 55 years ago.

I didn't watch the game since I find women's basketball awful , but I don't think they were that bad. I've seen a lot of bad sportsmanship recently on the court.
Oh, I think the men's game is almost as bad. I recall missing a big ten championship match or two while some basketball game went into OT. 🙄
I like women BB more they play more team !

I've never been able to figure out why top Black recruits choose schools who have fans who are known to be racists. When Deion got that top recruit to go to Jackson State I thought it would open the floodgates for HBCUs to become top-tier programs. Instead kids keep going to SEC schools that wouldn't even have accepted them 55 years ago.
Dont forget that Deion also got the top recruit because of NIL $$ in large part due to his affiliation with Barstool Sports. Unfortunately unless you have a Deion Sanders worthy HC, who has loads of connections to put together NIL $$, kids will continue going to schools that will give them the most money and have the best chance to reach the Professional Leagues.

Reactions: RB-Old
Clark is also on record saying she likes to trash talk. If you’re going to dish it out, expect it back
My guess is that Clark gets it and was fine with it all. Not that she won't use it as motivation later, but she knows it's part of the game and she opened herself up for it. It's the fans who crave being offended and conflate sports with real life that take offense.

HS athletes care about what happened at a particular school before their parents were born?

They want to win and get to the NFL.

The officiating was terrible, but you don’t lose by 20 points because of officials.

Iowa's 3 best players - 14 personal fouls. Czinano - 1 foul every 4 minutes and 12 seconds of court time. Warnock - 1 foul every 4 minutes and 48 seconds of court time. Rest of the Iowa team - 5 personal fouls.

LSU's coach looked like she was participating in the floor routine at the NCAA Gymnastic Championships the entire game. Spent almost as much time on the court as her players and even ran into a ref on the court while play was in progress. No technical fouls on her.

One of the worst referined games I have ever seen and that is saying something if you have ever watched a PSU/Michigan football game.

Last edited:
Reese did what Clark has been doing lately. What do you think is the difference that causes the outrage only when Reese did it?
There is a difference. Reese was far more brazen about it and got nearly up in Clark's face to do it (and point at her ring finger). She was also doing that when the game ended, which is just gloating at that point , not in-game trash talking. It was pretty classless, but whatever, like I said, I've seen far worse.

What Reese did was different than what Clark did all tournament but it's not the worst thing in the world either. Not like there were any dirty hits on Clark (who is truly a transcendent talent growing the sport of WBB), I'd say let it go but Iowa fans always want to spin the narrative into them being classy and the other teams (and fans) are trashy after they lose things.

What Reese did was different than what Clark did all tournament but it's not the worst thing in the world either. Not like there were any dirty hits on Clark (who is truly a transcendent talent growing the sport of WBB), I'd say let it go but Iowa fans always want to spin the narrative into them being classy and the other teams (and fans) are trashy after they lose things.
Is a Transcendent Talent basketball speak for wrestling's Generational Talent ??

What a time to be alive.... Everyone who is up in arms about what Angel Reese did on the court is comedy. There is the win with class and lose with class, but Angel has had a tough career and was #2 while Clark was #4 in the same class. There is nothing wrong with showing as much emotion as she did in playing in what is the most important game of her career to date, not to mention likely more viewership than a WNBA finals game. But lets also discuss how her 'antics' has gotten Womens College BBall air time and conversation going. Generally, most fans of college athletics may not view a womens sport, however this has gotten people talking which I think at the end of the day is the best thing.

As the saying goes, bad publicity is good publicity

Reactions: nitlion6
I didn’t see any of the game. But the few people I know who watched it said the officiating was horrible & that Iowa got the very short end of the stick ….
Not so sure. I believe LSU had four players with two fouls in the first quarter. The officiating was awful.

When did classless behavior become acceptable in sports? I submit that it’s just another reflection of our changing society. Social media has created the platform for haters to hate; in the sports arena, in politics, in religious and racial matters. Don’t fall into the trap. Every human has redeeming values if you just look for it. They are there if you look close enough. It’s up to us.

I remember when we were all Americans and the victors won honorably and the losers embraced the lessons. Today, it’s all about embarassing the losers and taking our own victory lap.

What a time to be alive.... Everyone who is up in arms about what Angel Reese did on the court is comedy. There is the win with class and lose with class, but Angel has had a tough career and was #2 while Clark was #4 in the same class. There is nothing wrong with showing as much emotion as she did in playing in what is the most important game of her career to date, not to mention likely more viewership than a WNBA finals game. But lets also discuss how her 'antics' has gotten Womens College BBall air time and conversation going. Generally, most fans of college athletics may not view a womens sport, however this has gotten people talking which I think at the end of the day is the best thing.

As the saying goes, bad publicity is good publicity
I never watch women's sports, but it was Clark, not Reese, that got me watching some of this tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT