ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk Fans Dealing with Basketball Loss Worse Than Wrestling, Lee Loss

Clark taunts and got it back at her. I can not be a fan of a behavior, but also realize it’s not worth worrying about in the long run. I said the same thing with some of Starocci’s posts- not my cup of tea but If it works for him, so be it. At the end of the day, Reese represents LSU and her team. If her coach and her school approve of the behavior, it is what it is.
yea so you lost take the trash talk like a woman!

This isn’t even remotely true. Clark doesn’t aim it at opposing players. I don’t like her, but to equate the two is to deliberately blind oneself to facts in order to allow for Reese’s bad behavior.
Have to disagree. The most watched women’s CBB clip before last night was the one of Clark waiving at the S.C. girl to go ahead and shoot from beyond the arc cause Clark wasn’t gonna guard her. It was the only women’s CBB I had watched all season until last night cause it was impossible not to see it. It was replayed and shared everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6 and zzs006
Sorry. Thank you for the correction. She was 3 for 16 from the 3 point line in the previous championship games, and had 1 field goal. Reads better my way, but false is false. Took ESPN radio at their word. Still remarkable to go 5 for 5 in the first half, no way to prepare for a hand that hot. The first half buzzer beater was a dagger.
Just giving you shit and being a smart ass. But you are absolutely right, you can prepare all you want but to get beat by some hot shooting, just seemed like everything dropped for LSU.

This isn’t even remotely true. Clark doesn’t aim it at opposing players. I don’t like her, but to equate the two is to deliberately blind oneself to facts in order to allow for Reese’s bad behavior.
She most definitely directs it to others. She literally waved off an opposing player during the semifinal game taunting her to take a three.

Edit- looks like somebody else already pointed this out.

Reactions: mcpat
Only thing remotely “off” Was the LSU player trailing/following Clark the last 10 seconds. At that point, it’s over, you won. The argument moved from “well she does it too” to “win with class”.
Clark waved the white flag, was walking off the court. You have to let it go.

Reactions: slaterun
What a time to be alive.... Everyone who is up in arms about what Angel Reese did on the court is comedy. There is the win with class and lose with class, but Angel has had a tough career and was #2 while Clark was #4 in the same class. There is nothing wrong with showing as much emotion as she did in playing in what is the most important game of her career to date, not to mention likely more viewership than a WNBA finals game. But lets also discuss how her 'antics' has gotten Womens College BBall air time and conversation going. Generally, most fans of college athletics may not view a womens sport, however this has gotten people talking which I think at the end of the day is the best thing.

As the saying goes, bad publicity is good publicity
While I've talked about it a little , I cannot watch it. I have no desire.

Reactions: Love the lions
and you all call yourselves wrestling fans... going on about women's bball!! Sheesh... Clarke is great, and I'm sure talks a lot, get over all of this.... BBAll sucks... always bad calls, rules that are not in the book, and referees who have been busted for fixing games... and, of course, the last 5 minutes lasts way too long and interferes with the wrestling viewership!
Oh yeah, one of the commentators on Westwood one radio said LSU coach took the ticket, concessions, & parking from something under a million to over 2 mill this year.... they were calling her ROI

As a life long Hawkeye Wrestling Fan, I cannot believe I have to say this to Mr. Twist, but Thank You for having a rational view to the championship game. Yes, a select portion Hawkeye fandom is once again in melt down mode, the officiating WAS horrible. but we were not going to beat LSU based on the plan we had and the fact taht they caught fire shooting threes. We dared them to shoot the long ball, they were only 25% through out the year, they were 68% last night, including five in a row from a bench player that did not have a single point in the entire tournament, maybe not out coached, but they hit when we didn't. Good on them. As to Angels antics, it is what it is, it was bush league ;), but to the victor belongs the spoils. Take care PSU fans.
Where was this Iowa fan all year? Thanks for stopping by. Great to meet sound minded logical fans from Iowa we need more of this on both boards

I think it was hilarious that Clark said she wasn't even aware of the trash talking going on after the game. That's priceless. Put it right back on lsu

You’re on the record supporting taunting. Noted for future reference.
Nelson Brands was out of line taunting Starocci at the end of their match. I was proud of Carter for maintaining his composure and not breaking down in tears. A humble guy like Starocci didn't deserve that kind of attack.
giphy.gif

Honestly, if I had the opportunity to kill one person with no moral or penal consequences, it would probably be Stephen a smith.
I can name 2 or 3 people that knocking off would do them (and the world) good, but a sports announcer isn't one of them.

Reactions: js8793
Murdering someone is one thing but why you gotta bring genitalia into this?
Honestly, my rule is that internet spelling and grammar policing is the first line of defense of the weak minded, and that one should not play grammar or spelling police unless an underlying error in the original post is inherently humorous (e.g., "parody pricing" or "super seed").

For perhaps the first time, however, I'm now realizing that I should not take for granted that the rule set presupposes an actual error in the underlying post rather than inventing one. So to be clear, I'm not saying there's something less than weak-minded, but...Beavis and Butthead say hi.

Last edited:
of all the hoopla that's come out of this, this comment is by far the most deranged i've seen lol
ah, but let me explain...

The nature of SAS is simply this: to adopt and advocate for whatever position he knows will generate controversy. Which is to say, he actually knows quite well what the reasonable position is, and simply takes the maximally contrarian position possible anyway. In short, the worst of sophistry, which really doesn't lead to any positive ends.

ah, but let me explain...

The nature of SAS is simply this: to adopt and advocate for whatever position he knows will generate controversy. Which is to say, he actually knows quite well what the reasonable position is, and simply takes the maximally contrarian position possible anyway. In short, the worst of sophistry, which really doesn't lead to any positive ends.
TL;DR version: ESPN talking head.

In Philly we used to call him Stephen A.I. Smith, "A.I." being Allen Iverson. He played his role well.

I will remember this post next year as I watch Elite level College Football Teams dismantle a team because that is what the Committee wants to see. I will remember this post as I watch Starocci embarrass and show boat on another wrestler by doing all the fancy boxing footwork he does at the end of a match.
But you are right classless behavior only just started....not like it has been exhibited in sports for a length of time (BIG EYE ROLL
I will remember this post next year as I watch Elite level College Football Teams dismantle a team because that is what the Committee wants to see. I will remember this post as I watch Starocci embarrass and show boat on another wrestler by doing all the fancy boxing footwork he does at the end of a match.
But you are right classless behavior only just started....not like it has been exhibited in sports for a length of time (BIG EYE ROLL)
It’s one thing to beat an outgunned opponent. But, gloating (and running up the score beyond reason) is classless.

So to summarize, the only people bent out of shape about this are people who didn’t play in the game.
Not everyone is Starocci. Some people are smart enough to say the “right things” on camera when they know doing otherwise accomplishes nothing. Savvy move. If she is the competitor that I think she is she isn’t saying that to her friends and teammates.

Not everyone is Starocci. Some people are smart enough to say the “right things” on camera when they know doing otherwise accomplishes nothing. Savvy move. If she is the competitor that I think she is she isn’t saying that to her friends and teammates.
Doubt it, but if it bothered her, it will motivate her more next time. But since she talks on the court as much as anyone, she probably has it in perspective

I can’t wait till we move from the basketball phase of our off season whoas..
this is stage 7 of 69.. Im looking forward to 68 when we share our feelings..
Cstroke, your avatar makes me feel like I'm not in a safe space. I feel triggered when I see it. I can't help but think it's a microaggression on your part and well, I can't think of any other stupid phrases that millennials and Gen-Zers use so I'll leave it at that.
Now can we talk about Iceland?

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT