ADVERTISEMENT

The MSM Super Bowl that no one really wants to watch

YeOldeCup

Jan 27, 2005
The Kardashian/Harry-Meghan/Taylor-Travis followers vs. the city that features maps of sidewalks to avoid.

I'll have many better things to do that day.

It will be the most watched Super Bowl in the history of the league. It sickens me as well, but the Taylor Swift dynamic will increase its popularity and appeal.

Last edited:
The Kardashian/Harry-Meghan/Taylor-Travis followers vs. the city that features maps of sidewalks to avoid.

Will have the biggest female viewership in the history of the Super Bowl.

It says alot about you that you think nobody is gonna watch.

LOL

Reactions: EPC FAN and KCLion

And don't watch the halftime show. For the fourth year in a row the halftime show will feature a no talent useless person whose only ability is to foster social media popularity among fellow morons.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Will get a really good male viewership too obviously, since actual football fans see what a great matchup this one is.
IMHO, the two best teams won. I think the 49ers were stunned by Detroit's intensity and took them a while to adjust. Detroit then helped with a very untimely turnover, which IMHO, lost them the game.

49ers were on offense to end the first half, were on offense to start the second half, they were on offense after the turnover. Detroit's defense was gassed and never recovered.

Reactions: EPC FAN
IMHO, the two best teams won. I think the 49ers were stunned by Detroit's intensity and took them a while to adjust. Detroit then helped with a very untimely turnover, which IMHO, lost them the game.

49ers were on offense to end the first half, were on offense to start the second half, they were on offense after the turnover. Detroit's defense was gassed and never recovered.
Yea, that turnover really changed everything. San Francisco just has so many weapons (you can do that when you have a starting QB on such a cheap contract), and they needed that break to really get things rolling (and the break on the long pass to Aiyuk that could have just as easily been a turnover).

Funny, now politics has determined whether some people will watch the super bowl. It really has become their new sports team.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Funny, now politics has determined whether some people will watch the super bowl. It really has become their new sports team.
The funny thing is that it's not like they are stating that "I know I'm out on the fringes, but I'm choosing not to watch"...it's the thinking that their views are mainstream, and that no one wants to watch this year's Super Bowl, when excitement is likely at an all-time high right now.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
You do realize that you are the only one who has mentioned politics here?
Yeah, not sure how "politics" got introduced. I recall people unplugging when the networks used to show Gisele during the playoffs. There are reasons why I preferred to look at Gisele more than Swift.

tumblr_mj1l2vBGGZ1rq2a18o1_500.gif

If you want to get into politics, why are there two national anthems that will be played at the SB? The NFL says "it takes all of us", but then they facilitate division.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
If you want to get into politics, why are there two national anthems that will be played at the SB? The NFL says "it takes all of us", but then they facilitate division.
They are also playing America the Beautiful...that attention being taken away from Francis Scott Key's masterpiece gives me good reason to boycott this game.

It will be the most watched Super Bowl in the history of the league. It sickens me as well, but the Taylor Swift dynamic will increase its popularity and appeal.why in the world would a person who does not like football start watching football because a performer is dating one of the players? Though it would probably get me to get hooked on opera if an actress I liked was dating one of the opera simgers!

Yea, I can only assume that the NFL and TV execs are losing sleep over how few people will probably watch it.
It will be very interesting to see what actual ratings turn out to be.
I have little interest in the whiners by the bay and overexposed/been there Mahomes/Kelce, but is there a real "swiftie" bounce? I know this is not a possibility, but the NFL should can Usher as the half time act and replace him will a stool and microphone and Taylor Swift. Would probably get more eyeballs than ever before.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I have little interest in the whiners by the bay and overexposed/been there Mahomes/Kelce, but is there a real "swiftie" bounce? I know this is not a possibility, but the NFL should can Usher as the half time act and replace him will a stool and microphone and Taylor Swift. Would probably get more eyeballs than ever before.
Yep major airlines announced additional flights to the SB.

It was reported she was offered halftime acts for this year and for 2024, both "reportedly" turned down.

Ratings will be at an all time high just like rest of playoffs. The NFL rules the rest

Yep major airlines announced additional flights to the SB.

Yep, just wait. This game is going to be utter insanity. She personally has reached a level of fame that just shocks me. And she has a cross generational appeal as well that just adds to her popularity. Personally, I think she’s pretty frigging hot. Just not a fan of her music. I am a relic of the grunge era.

Yep, just wait. This game is going to be utter insanity. She personally has reached a level of fame that just shocks me. And she has a cross generational appeal as well that just adds to her popularity. Personally, I think she’s pretty frigging hot. Just not a fan of her music. I am a relic of the grunge era.
The grunge era is over? 😁

Reactions: LMTLION
She is cute but if I am going to waste time fantasizing about the impossible there are other women further up the list.

Like I said, so far she had stayed away from the cameras … staying in the club seats. Even post game yesterday she was back in the crowd and not on stage or front row. So she has handled it well IMO.

The good news she has concerts in Japan both Friday and Sat so she won’t be around all pregame. But she could fly back in time for Sunday morning as Tokyo is twelve hrs ahead of Vegas.

Swifties spent an average of $1200 to travel and see her in concert. That’s crazy money. Her fans will take over Vegas hoping to get a glimpse as she will most likely be there post game for a couple days….schedule permitting.

Who knows…..while in Vegas they may tie the knot! She is 34 and the clock is ticking. Imagine the hoopla for that.

She is cute but if I am going to waste time fantasizing about the impossible there are other women further up the list.

Like I said, so far she had stayed away from the cameras … staying in the club seats. Even post game yesterday she was back in the crowd and not on stage or front row. So she has handled it well IMO.

The good news she has concerts in Japan both Friday and Sat so she won’t be around all pregame. But she could fly back in time for Sunday morning as Tokyo is twelve hrs ahead of Vegas.

Swifties spent an average of $1200 to travel and see her in concert. That’s crazy money. Her fans will take over Vegas hoping to get a glimpse as she will most likely be there post game for a couple days….schedule permitting.

Who knows…..while in Vegas they may tie the knot! She is 34 and the clock is ticking. Imagine the hoopla for that.
Your money (ha ha) would be better used buying two U2 tickets at the Sphere. Been there, incredible show (more experience then show....but good show too). The facility is truly an engineering wonder.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
That's where I am and I will be at a party that day, so I will reluctantly watch at least parts. The focus of the party is (and has been for decades) family and close friends, playing poker, and all of the food that everyone brings.
You're in the minority. Just reported today - ticket demand up 150%.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
It will be the most watched Super Bowl in the history of the league. It sickens me as well, but the Taylor Swift dynamic will increase its popularity and appeal.

Taylor Swift stalkers are both dedicated and numerous, and very good at beating the long arm of the law.

Who among us hasn't had to go dumpster diving for a lost pair of pants? Taylor should just give him his pants.

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT