ADVERTISEMENT

The hold on Edwards 67 yard TD..

How old are you?
You aren't dealing with modern day football if you're complaining about starters playing in the 4th up by 3 scores.
Classy isn't a requirement. The objective is to build the resume. See 1994.
I was a senior in 1994 and remember every game that year very well.

Classy IS a requirement for PSU football.

I was a senior in 1994 and remember every game that year very well.

Classy IS a requirement for PSU football.
Remember the Indiana game or no? Remember what happened after that in the Coaches poll?

If Paterno doesn't "play classy" we share a MNC that year but he made a mistake.

You have to stop the mentality that college football isn't about winning and winning titles. The objective for top programs, like Michigan and Penn State, is to build the resume to get in the playoff.

When the playoff expands to 12 you're going to see even more of this.

We agree Harbaugh is a douche but the rest is you not accepting the game today.

Remember the Indiana game or no? Remember what happened after that in the Coaches poll?
I do remember it very well. The issue here was not that Paterno subbed liberally. The issue is that the pollsters don't actually watch the games. This was an incredibly fluky final score that had no bearing on the actual game.
If Paterno doesn't "play classy" we share a MNC that year but he made a mistake.
Wrong. They still would have figured out a way to give it to Tom Obsborne.
You have to stop the mentality that college football isn't about winning and winning titles. The objective for top programs, like Michigan and Penn State, is to build the resume to get in the playoff.
You have to stop the mentality that the only thing that matters in sports is winning and losing. You must be horrible to play pick up basketball against.
No, you will see less because it will be easier to get in.
You are delusional about what sports is all about.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I do remember it very well. The issue here was not that Paterno subbed liberally. The issue is that the pollsters don't actually watch the games. This was an incredibly fluky final score that had no bearing on the actual game.

Wrong. They still would have figured out a way to give it to Tom Obsborne.

You have to stop the mentality that the only thing that matters in sports is winning and losing. You must be horrible to play pick up basketball against.

No, you will see less because it will be easier to get in.

You are delusional about what sports is all about.

No, the issue was Paterno's decision. The final score, as much as you want to pretend otherwise, matters.

They may have but Paterno made it easy on them

I played hockey at a very high level. Winning is what matters. It's a competition.

You won't because you need the bye and those teams in that 10-20 range know it's all about margin of victory--a single close call could be difference.

I'm not the delusional one. You want to focus on the pageantry of the game but sports, including college football, is purely a competition with the objective to win.

There's countless valid reasons to bash Harbaugh yet you want to complain he didn't take it easy on a top 10 team? Come on. You can criticize him for risking an injury that could hurt the team but he didn't owe us anything. Should have been crying in 2017 or 2008?

It was a hold in a football game that was last weekend, get over it. Michigan had over 400 yards rushing and just about had their 3rd string back break a long one at the end of the game.
A clear hold during a key scoring play..
No. There weren't any holds on any of the long runs.
No. There was on Edwards run. I know it is hard to believe but when OL is out of position to block so extends arm out and grabs a defender coming into a hole, most legit refs call it a hold. I know UM struggles with concept. I am not even saying PSU would win. UM was superior but it was a long scoring play and obvious as hell. Let me show you.

Screenshot-2022-10-20-201112.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Go M&B
No, the issue was Paterno's decision. The final score, as much as you want to pretend otherwise, matters.

They may have but Paterno made it easy on them

I played hockey at a very high level. Winning is what matters. It's a competition.

You won't because you need the bye and those teams in that 10-20 range know it's all about margin of victory--a single close call could be difference.

I'm not the delusional one. You want to focus on the pageantry of the game but sports, including college football, is purely a competition with the objective to win.

There's countless valid reasons to bash Harbaugh yet you want to complain he didn't take it easy on a top 10 team? Come on. You can criticize him for risking an injury that could hurt the team but he didn't owe us anything. Should have been crying in 2017 or 2008?
You are clueless dude. And your beer hockey league hardly counts as "high level."

Enjoy the weekend. Don't be too upset at a convincing PSU victory tomorrow. I'm sure you will find something else ridiculous to complain about on Sunday.

• Love
I think WWE refs are of higher caliber. While Jacobs committed to a bad angle, the OL literally sticks his arm and grabs by jersey. It can't be more clear. I just can't stand this league. It is purposeful.

Klatt shows the review and calls it a great "block"..WTF?

You seriously think that's a hold? Jacobs got so far up field out of the play all the guy needed to do was push him by.

You are clueless dude. And your beer hockey league hardly counts as "high level."

Enjoy the weekend. Don't be too upset at a convincing PSU victory tomorrow. I'm sure you will find something else ridiculous to complain about on Sunday.
I've been saying all week Penn State is going to dominate Minnesota. These people picking us to lose aren't paying attention. 31-14 is my prediction. We're a far superior team. If Tanner Morgan doesn't play it will get real ugly

Wasn't "bear hockey league" but good try.

Actually, that isn't what cost us. I think we fell from #1 to #2 the weekend we beat Ohio State 63-14 in a game that wasn't that close, because #3 Nebraska beat #2 Colorado 24-7 the same day. The #2 Colorado team that beat Michigan on a Hail Mary to cost us a shot at beating #1 Michigan (they were #5 when we beat them)..

Actually, that isn't what cost us. I think we fell from #1 to #2 the weekend we beat Ohio State 63-14 in a game that wasn't that close, because #3 Nebraska beat #2 Colorado 24-7 the same day. The #2 Colorado team that beat Michigan on a Hail Mary to cost us a shot at beating #1 Michigan (they were #5 when we beat them)..
That was in the AP--in the Coaches we fell the following week

LOL. I assure you that I have adapted to modern day football.

Leaving your starters in to score additional points when it is impossible for the other team to win is not classy. It never has been.
PSU was a supposed top 10 matchup against Michigan. Plus they compete for many of the same recruits. If the Fighting Jimmy's could have hung more on PSU, they should have. I bet Harbaugh is mad they couldn't punch it in on those couple drives they got FGs.

It's not like Michigan was playing a mid level MAC team. Although PSU played as bad if not worse than one.

How about just stopping the other team from scoring?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT