ADVERTISEMENT

The Fan, Pgh

jppsu1

Apr 24, 2015
Any one listening? Wow, they are killing Franklin. Filiponi wants us to lose at Iowa!!!

It's getting old- the Clowns in the morning talk about it, then the clowns at lunch, then the ones on the way home- like they can't come up with different topics??!! I still don't get what the big freaking deal is. The kid could have still made the kick!

Reactions: razpsu and Bob78
I think Francesa and the the Pgh media only ones making a big deal. Most others have no problem!!!

Reactions: Bob78
They're playing to their local audience - a Pitt fan base. I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about the "infamous" icing of the kicker other than from people on here talking about the Fan.

Reactions: Ski
This is hilarious. A Syracuse guy and a Northwestern guy both on the Pitt flagship station have bad things to say about Penn State. What a surprise. The Yinzer callers are apopletic.

Maybe I should call in and throw a little more dynamite into the pond. I'm feeling frisky - I'll really give them something to get fired up about.

Filliponi compared CJF to Pete Carroll.

Boy I wish. If Franklin can accomplish with us what Pete did at USC (minus the shenanigans), then things are going to be just fine.

Anyone in radio range - tune in. Bob Mr. Pitt Pompiani is going to be on soon for more comedy gold.

This is hilarious. A Syracuse guy and a Northwestern guy both on the Pitt flagship station have bad things to say about Penn State. What a surprise. The Yinzer callers are apopletic.

Maybe I should call in and throw a little more dynamite into the pond. I'm feeling frisky - I'll really give them something to get fired up about.

Filliponi compared CJF to Pete Carroll.

Boy I wish. If Franklin can accomplish with us what Pete did at USC (minus the shenanigans), then things are going to be just fine.

Anyone in radio range - tune in. Bob Mr. Pitt Pompiani is going to be on soon for more comedy gold.

Yeah - 'Win Forever' vs 'Free Beverage'. They're just so sad.

Pitt is so jealous that they aren't Penn State that it's palpable. It's getting a tad stale though. When the sanctions hit & they thought maybe, just maybe, they could pass PSU they were so giddy and full of hope. Now that the realization that they aren't even a tier 2 team is setting in, they know Narduzzi can't coach, they know Narduzzi can't recruit..... it's really no fun to kick a program when they are that down. Alas, the fun is gone.

Akron > Pitt

Fortunately, The Fan's target audience of angry white middle age men driving service trucks isn't a major component of our recruiting classes.

We're in their head. Blah blah blah. Keep yapping, it doesn't effect us.

giphy.gif

I don't think icing the kicker is a big deal. "you play to win the game"...all the way up to the final whistle, regardless of score.

However, coming out after the fact and telling bold face lies about you weren't trying to ice the kicker, you were trying to makes substitutions....that makes people question your character.

Just doesn't matter what Spitters say or do. So what if they don't like JF? So what if the world hates JF? So what if PSU loses this week?
None of these things make Pitt a relevant football program. They can't recruit top athletes. They can't put fannies in the seats. They don't have adequate funding for athletics. They can't keep a decent coach.
Hell they couldn't even parlay the draconian PSU sanctions into any kind of benefit for their program.

I don't think icing the kicker is a big deal. "you play to win the game"...all the way up to the final whistle, regardless of score.

However, coming out after the fact and telling bold face lies about you weren't trying to ice the kicker, you were trying to makes substitutions....that makes people question your character.
so what. you must have no life if you are worried about something in a game your team wasn't even playing in. Might be time to get a life

I'll give you that CJF is trolling the media, but that is missing the point entirely. Franklin doesn't care about the media - he USES the media. If they get all bent out of shape, so much the better. All that does is amplify the message he's trying to send - amplify it, repeat it, spread it around so everybody hears it.

Who is Franklin's TRUE audience? That's easy - his team, his coaches, and recruits. They all got the message loud and clear that he is all-in on winning and he stands behind his guys 200%.

Everything he says is all variations on a theme. Dominate the State. Unrivaled. Every game is all the same to us.

The man has a Master's in psychology and he's not afraid to use it. He's one calculating dude and I'm glad he's on our side.

I'll give you that CJF is trolling the media, but that is missing the point entirely. Franklin doesn't care about the media - he USES the media. If they get all bent out of shape, so much the better. All that does is amplify the message he's trying to send - amplify it, repeat it, spread it around so everybody hears it.

Who is Franklin's TRUE audience? That's easy - his team, his coaches, and recruits. They all got the message loud and clear that he is all-in on winning and he stands behind his guys 200%.

Everything he says is all variations on a theme. Dominate the State. Unrivaled. Every game is all the same to us.

The man has a Master's in psychology and he's not afraid to use it. He's one calculating dude and I'm glad he's on our side.

Exactly. I was thinking yesterday on the icing the kicker nonsense. Do you think his recruits liked that or not? I think they did.

Mr. Uninformed

Watch the replays. 9 out of 11 players on the field were replaced during the time out. He put his field goal block team in. Explain how it was a lie. He actually did what he said he did.

Oh look who chimed in.

Yeah that's really great except that 9 of the 11 players on the PSU defense were different after the timeout dipshit. You think he thought that up on the fly?

Reactions: odshowtime

How do you know it was a lie, Einstein? Oh, because it was the Penn State coach. You're probably one of those idiots that throws the word "lie" around without knowing what the word means. Seriously, unless you know it was a lie, STFU.

Reactions: odshowtime

Saying someone else lied when you have no idea should make people question your character.

They had Feinstein on Philly Sports Talk yesterday. Besides ripping on the field goal, he went further. Said Franklin is a good coach but not a good person. Not sure what the background was to that story and the host did not push him further on it. Coach James is taking names, he doesn't care what you think of him. Game on!

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
How do you know it was a lie, Einstein? Oh, because it was the Penn State coach. You're probably one of those idiots that throws the word "lie" around without knowing what the word means. Seriously, unless you know it was a lie, STFU.

Hey some of our own "fans" have called Franklin a liar repeatedly since Saturday night. So what would we expect from Pitt fans? Both groups are nothing but jerks.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Of course he was trying to make substitutions..... to get the right players out there to block the kick? He didn't get the right players out there, and THEN call time out to ice him?? He got the right players out there to try and preserve the shutout. What's the big deal?

Soon, CJF is going to have us so tired of winning, we are going to have to ask him to stop! Except, winning never gets old. Screw Keychainsburgh's sports media and their fake news!

Hey some of our own "fans" have called Franklin a liar repeatedly since Saturday night. So what would we expect from Pitt fans? Both groups are nothing but jerks.
I know. Big difference in "it was a lie" and "I don't think he was being truthful".

I know. Big difference in "it was a lie" and "I don't think he was being truthful".

Well you lost me. If someone's not being truthful, then they're lying. Franklin explained himself Saturday night and yesterday and the video evidence strongly supports him.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Yeah that's really great except that 9 of the 11 players on the PSU defense were different after the timeout dipshit. You think he thought that up on the fly?

Pitt fans generally don't care about what happened. They only care that they can somehow try to insult or attack Penn St.

You'd think that the Pitt fans and the Pittsburgh media would be much more focused on the 2 straight beatdowns their team has had rather than discussing a missed field goal in a Penn St game.

There's interesting psychology at work here that a missed FG in a 56-0 game has attracted such incredible attention from Francesa, Finebaum, Pitt media, Pitt (and other school) fans. If Shrink was still here I'm sure he'd have a lot to say. ;)

Last edited:
Well you lost me. If someone's not being truthful, then they're lying. Franklin explained himself Saturday night and yesterday and the video evidence strongly supports him.
Nobody knows if he's telling a lie. People are posting as if they know for a fact that he lied. You can be wrong without telling a lie.

Our own fans? Trolls, Pitt dingleberries, and other haters/liars claiming they're from Penn State.

A smattering of internet jerk offs.

Reactions: Judge Smails
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT