ADVERTISEMENT

2024 CFB College QB ratings

olelion

Jun 10, 2001
Tarpon Springs Fl
Allar ranked 14th in this poll. The discussion included this interesting quote, "Penn State is perhaps the most predictable program in the country under James Franklin. They beat nearly everyone they should and lose almost all as underdogs. The Nittany Lions routinely finish with ten wins and as a top 15 team. " no emphasis added

Allar ranked 14th in this poll. The discussion included this interesting quote, "Penn State is perhaps the most predictable program in the country under James Franklin. They beat nearly everyone they should and lose almost all as underdogs. The Nittany Lions routinely finish with ten wins and as a top 15 team. " no emphasis added
Most accurate thing ever said lol

Could be worse, but it would be nice to beat Ohio State and Michigan every once in a while.

Not the worst thing in the world.

14th seems high to me. They seem to be using his 5* rating to influence the rankings. He was good in many aspects last season, particularly in limiting turnovers, but when I think of top QBs I think of a guy that puts the team on his back and leads them to a win in the face of adversity. He makes plays and dictates his will to the defense. Allar isn't at that level yet, but hopefully we see him get there this season, because I'm not sure he's still in Happy Valley in 2025.

14th seems high to me. They seem to be using his 5* rating to influence the rankings. He was good in many aspects last season, particularly in limiting turnovers, but when I think of top QBs I think of a guy that puts the team on his back and leads them to a win in the face of adversity. He makes plays and dictates his will to the defense. Allar isn't at that level yet, but hopefully we see him get there this season, because I'm not sure he's still in Happy Valley in 2025.
His lack of turnovers along with the poor receiving crew he had are being considered. Might be high but there's no reason to believe he can't be a top 15 or better QB even if you ignore the stars.

Could be worse, but it would be nice to beat Ohio State and Michigan every once in a while.
I just saw that you guys don't play Michigan this year and I think that's a good thing for them. PSU will have better roster talent than UM - they lucked out

I just saw that you guys don't play Michigan this year and I think that's a good thing for them. PSU will have better roster talent than UM - they lucked out
Franklin will find a way to lose to someone else.

I don't expect Franklin and PSU to always beat teams favored over them. I just want to think there's a chance. Sadly I rarely feel that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT