ADVERTISEMENT

The Cleveland Guardians...

There is a simple solution to all those who are offended by some team names. Eliminate team names altogether. Simply refer to the team's as the Pittsburgh Baseball team, the Philadelphia Hockey Club, the Atlanta Basketball team....etc. etc.
Yes, but what if I’m still offended by places like Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, or Atlanta? 🤔

Reactions: dailybuck777
I think they have it wrong.

'Indians' isn't the offensive part of their team name. It's 'Cleveland'

Just change Cleveland to 'Subcontinent' and voila. No more angry folks.

No more woke kids quoting Presidents.

They don't even need new stationary.

LdN
I never thought the name "Indians" was offensive, just their logo and I thought they changed that but I loathe and detest baseball so I'm not certain.
Sort of opposite the Washington WTF's.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
I believe I read somewhere that "Rockers" was internet squatted and the asking price was too high to free it up. Same with Spiders. They had a find a name that was free and clear of copyright and trademark and web domain conflicts.

The Washington Football Team is also going through that -- Monuments, Generals, Statesmen, Diplomats, and quite a few others have been squatted. My choice would be "Gridlocks" because it covers both legislation and traffic, and I live here.
I may be in the minority who actually likes the name Washington Football Club. Has a very premiere league vibe to it.

I never thought the name "Indians" was offensive, just their logo and I thought they changed that but I loathe and detest baseball so I'm not certain.
Sort of opposite the Washington WTF's.
Likewise. Not that my opinion matters, but ditching Chief Wahoo was good enough for me. I’m a lifetime Washington fan and I’m glad the name got dropped. Interestingly enough, it was Andre Collins who first got me thinking about this, in the early 90’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT