ADVERTISEMENT

The Athletic uses Arnold Ebiketie's image to promote article on fake injuries

Our coach needs to march in to the AD's office and tell her to get off her butt and publicly admonish the article, the writer, and the insinuation that PSU was faking injuries in the Iowa Game. One can dream
Or maybe ignore it and it will go away.

Reactions: psugo
in college football. Arnold not happy!

Noticed that disgusting. I blame it on Iowa, I guess PJ and Clifford were fake injuries. Cost three extra wins. Arnold should actually be the portal poster candidate. Come to PSU and improve your draft status by several rounds and make extra millions. Would not have received the recognition at Temple.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
hopefully next year sees the Athletic article "What the Hell Went Wrong with Iowa?"

This is ridiculous. Penn State has ZERO history of faking injuries. I have lost all respect for Kirk Ferentz. He knows better.
Yeah me too. Not sure when they play again but if Franklin ever gets the chance, I hope he runs up the score like he did against MSU and Dantonio a few years back.

Our coach needs to march in to the AD's office and tell her to get off her butt and publicly admonish the article, the writer, and the insinuation that PSU was faking injuries in the Iowa Game. One can dream
Where did the writer insinuate PSU was faking injuries? All he said is that both coaches commented on it after the game because Iowa fans booed suspected fake injuries. He didn't say Penn State was faking injuries.

Last season, multiple high-profile games featured a partisan crowd booing at a suspected fake injury while the home team had the ball; the fallout from one such controversy in Iowa's win over Penn State compelled both Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz and Nittany Lions coach James Franklin to comment on the situation in the days after the game.

Where in that sentence does he say Penn State was faking injuries? What is she do tell them they are not allowed to report something that really did happen?

Last edited:
Where did the writer insinuate PSU was faking injuries? All he said is that both coaches commented on it after the game because Iowa fans booed suspected fake injuries. He didn't say Penn State was faking injuries.

Last season, multiple high-profile games featured a partisan crowd booing at a suspected fake injury while the home team had the ball; the fallout from one such controversy in Iowa's win over Penn State compelled both Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz and Nittany Lions coach James Franklin to comment on the situation in the days after the game.

Where in that sentence does he say Penn State was faking injuries? What is she do tell them they are not allowed to report something that really did happen?
The picture obviously insinuates it is an issue with Penn State. You certainly understand how this type of underhanded journalism operates.

Reactions: doctornick
Don't blame the writer for the photo. Headlines and photo selections are made by editors.

Reactions: hlstone
The picture obviously insinuates it is an issue with Penn State. You certainly understand how this type of underhanded journalism operates.
You are really getting upset over a photograph? Like it or not Penn State was one of the subject in the article so I can see why they chose that photo. Are you really that sensitive? Do you need to find a safe space. I would hope the AD has more important things to do then worry about a picture in an article.

This is ridiculous. Penn State has ZERO history of faking injuries. I have lost all respect for Kirk Ferentz. He knows better.
FERENTZ ....He is and always was a loser... Mr leg whip and crack back blocking to injure should be the subject of real journalism. Start with the injury stats thru all games Iowa plays then then add photographic documentation. I am certain that intent to injury as a tactic to level decrease Iowas talent gap is a Frenentz mainstay these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: blmr31
Just continues the 2011 and on beat down of PSU…the spineless weenies in charge have done nothing for 11 years and they are not going to start now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT