ADVERTISEMENT

Thank goodness....

StinkStankStunk

Oct 11, 2010
that Franklin - I think - gets what PSU is supposed to be all about.
That he "gets" the philosophy that JVP worked to instill.

(Because there is a huge slice of the "fan base" that sure as hell doesn't get it)

'Cause if he didn't:
- with all the idiotic drama queens
- with all the "JVP never lost a game" asshats
- with all the absolute brain-dead, dumb as a bag of hair "experts"

He would surely say "F you a$$holes, I'm outta' here....good luck"
If he did, surely no one could blame him

I just wonder when we, as Americans, became a bunch of sissified, whiny, defeatist babies???? Not just on this board, or PSU, but all over. Your team (team... a game) loses a few too many games and people come out of the wood work with this whiny, baby, sniveling I'm a mangina crap. Buck up, people. That's when you roll up the sleeves and get to work, show some guts, some intestinal fortitude as Vince McMahon would say! We've become a pu$$ified bunch imho.

Pitt won. Suck it up, get better, and kick their arses next time. That's what you do. Not whine like a bunch of girls. Get a pair, like the Duluth Trading Company commercials say.

(Because there is a huge slice of the "fan base" that sure as hell doesn't get it)

'Cause if he didn't:

True, but to be fair I don't think he's going to find any other gigs that pay him $4.5mm p.a.

True, but to be fair I don't think he's going to find any other gigs that pay him $4.5mm p.a.
It's a pretty good gig. If you play it right and things as we know them don't collapse, you might even be able to retire on that.

True that.......but he might

If nothing else, there are certainly a slew of "7 Figure" jobs he could slide into any year he chose

Not downplaying the $$$$ - and for many guys I am sure that is what it is all about, and maybe that includes CJF
But my impression is that if he did not have some degree of true fondness for the institution and the program (probably due in large part to JVP).......he's be thinking about packing his bags
Not there there are not complete idiot fans everywhere - because there are
But here, you also have to deal with the "JVP never lost a game" contingent - - - which adds a whole nother level of stupid to the bonfire

Anyway - not my ox being gored. But the idiot fans combined with the statue polishers are a tough combination to take

Reactions: green2623
I just wonder when we, as Americans, became a bunch of sissified, whiny, defeatist babies???? Not just on this board, or PSU, but all over. Your team (team... a game) loses a few too many games and people come out of the wood work with this whiny, baby, sniveling I'm a mangina crap. Buck up, people. That's when you roll up the sleeves and get to work, show some guts, some intestinal fortitude as Vince McMahon would say! We've become a pu$$ified bunch imho.

Pitt won. Suck it up, get better, and kick their arses next time. That's what you do. Not whine like a bunch of girls. Get a pair, like the Duluth Trading Company commercials say.
Mega Dittos...

Fitting that your hero is a steroid using, 65 year old blowhard who covers for murderers like Chris Benoit who murdered his entire family. Says it all.

True that.......but he might

If nothing else, there are certainly a slew of "7 Figure" jobs he could slide into any year he chose

Not downplaying the $$$$ - and for many guys I am sure that is what it is all about, and maybe that includes CJF
But my impression is that if he did not have some degree of true fondness for the institution and the program (probably due in large part to JVP).......he's be thinking about packing his bags
Not there there are not complete idiot fans everywhere - because there are
But here, you also have to deal with the "JVP never lost a game" contingent - - - which adds a whole nother level of stupid to the bonfire

Anyway - not my ox being gored. But the idiot fans combined with the statue polishers are a tough combination to take
I'll make sure to let Sue Paterno and Jay Paterno know how you feel about them next time I see them, Barry.

Glad to know that. Just got a message about it from the monitor which read, "I hope Miles takes the bet."

Rules are rules. Regardless of how tight you are with the monitor, it was you who went over the line, and it's HIS board, not yours.

Stop with "statue polishers" insults. Paterno has earned all the accolades he gets!
You're projecting

PATERNO earned the accolades

The jack wagons statue polishers who prostitute "Paterno" to vilify everyone who follows on his wake ain't earned d$ck

You're projecting

The jack wagons statue polishers who prostitute "Paterno" to vilify everyone who follows on his wake ain't earned d$ck
C'mon! Most of the drama queens aren't Paterno apologists. The same group bashing Franklin were bashing Paterno when he was coach. And some are just plain trolls.

Reactions: colt21

When they started paying coaches more than college presidents..

You don't pay a man 5 million dollars to send his players jogging onto a field to play a team that is jacked up to play his. Sorry, zero excuse.

C'mon! Most of the drama queens aren't Paterno apologists. The same group bashing Franklin were bashing Paterno when he was coach. And some are just plain trolls.
That's probably true

Those folks fall into the "idiot fans" category......not the statue polishers

You're projecting

Then leave "statue polishers" out of your emotional responses to those who criticize the follow-ons. Why can't you stick to the criticizers without using euphemisms to attack a gentleman who has meant so much to this University.

Reactions: 21Guns and WDLion
Then leave "statue polishers" out of your emotional responses to those who criticize the follow-ons. Why can't you stick to the criticizers without using euphemisms to attack a gentleman who has meant so much to this University.
No, I won't leave them out.

"Statue polishers" ( and maybe the problem is that you don't know what that term means - - - FWIW, the term refers to non-thinking, cultish, idol-worshipping mouth-breathers .........NOT to folks who think Paterno - and a lot of others - got ass-humped due to the actions of a plethora of Scoundrels and Scumbags)
Anyway - the STATUE-POLISHERS most certainly deserve a seat front and center in the "folks who hold back the progress of the football program" club.
It is THOSE folks who prostitute the "Paterno/ 409/ Success w Honor" legacy - all so they can beat their chests and act as if THEY did something special

And, more importantly, they hold back the effort to clean up the entire University......but that's a whole 'nuther issue

What kind of special level of "moron" does it take to contort THAT into a criticism of Paterno?

Good grief......

Last edited:
Reactions: dbsteel
You don't pay a man 5 million dollars to send his players jogging onto a field to play a team that is jacked up to play his. Sorry, zero excuse.
Yeah..... That happened

You are one special level of idiot.......so at least you are a high achiever in one respect :)

Reactions: marshall23
No, I won't leave them out.

"Statue polishers" ( and maybe the problem is that you don't know what that term means - - - FWIW, the term refers to non-thinking, cultish, idol-worshipping mouth-breathers .........NOT to folks who think Paterno - and a lot of others - got ass-humped due to the actions of a plethora of Scoundrels and Scumbags)
Anyway - the STATUE-POLISHERS most certainly deserve a seat front and center in the "folks who hold back the progress of the football program" club.
It is THOSE folks who prostitute the "Paterno/ 409/ Success w Honor" legacy - all so they can beat their chests and act as if THEY did something special

And, more importantly, they hold back the effort to clean up the entire University......but that's a whole 'nuther issue

What kind of special level of "moron" does it take to contort THAT into a criticism of Paterno?

Good grief......
Your definition of what a "statue polisher" is not a uniform definition. What I have seen in the past is when some state something positive about Joe, they have been referred to as "statue polishers", it is to denigrate the individual who is complimentary of Joe. I was offended by your use of the term because I think Paterno is worth his accolades.

Henceforth, when you want to take issue with someone's post, do so without insulting those of us who know the accomplishments of the man. The use of "statue polishers" and "Joebot" are offensive.

Good grief!

Reactions: 21Guns
Your definition of what a "statue polisher" is not a uniform definition. What I have seen in the past is when some state something positive about Joe, they have been referred to as "statue polishers", it is to denigrate the individual who is complimentary of Joe. I was offended by your use of the term because I think Paterno is worth his accolades.

Henceforth, when you want to take issue with someone's post, do so without insulting those of us who know the accomplishments of the man. The use of "statue polishers" and "Joebot" are offensive.

Good grief!
I just spelled it out for you.

Henceforth - anytime one of my references as such offends you sensitive vagina, just reference the definition

If you are incapable of separating a term referencing those who idolize a statue, from the person in who's honor the statue was constructed - - - that's a "You" problem, not a "Me" problem

That's about the best I can do. Other than that - I care not about your issues. Try some vagasil

:)

Henceforth - anytime one of my references as such offends you sensitive vagina, just reference the definition

If you are incapable of separating a term referencing those who idolize a statue, from the person in who's honor the statue was constructed - - - that's a "You" problem, not a "Me" problem

That's about the best I can do. Other than that - I care not about your issues. Try some vagasil

No, that's a you problem! If you can't understand that "statue polishers" and "Joebots" are terms meant to demean anyone who recognizes/defends Joe and rightly so, maybe the intellect on this board is a little above your level. Your use of "vagina" and "vagasil" is but further evidence. You're one of these individuals who try to win an untenable argument by ad hominem attacks. This is further evidence that your intellect is a step below this board.

Drop down to a lower intellect board and practice for a while and then come back and demonstrate how far you've come.

I'm on the same side of the original issue (that Franklin gets it, if everyone has forgotten) that you are.

But you're wrong with the whole "statue polisher" thing, and your inability to ever admit a mistake does you no justice.

No, that's a you problem! If you can't understand that "statue polishers" and "Joebots" are terms meant to demean anyone who recognizes/defends Joe and rightly so, maybe the intellect on this board is a little above your level. Your use of "vagina" and "vagasil" is but further evidence. You're one of these individuals who try to win an untenable argument by ad hominem attacks. This is further evidence that your intellect is a step below this board.

Drop down to a lower intellect board and practice for a while and then come back and demonstrate how far you've come.

Five star post, well done Knocker!

I have to admit, I got curious and clicked the "show ignored content" link at the bottom of the thread. I have just lost 15 IQ points reading that a-hole gums.

Yeah..... That happened

You are one special level of idiot.......so at least you are a high achiever in one respect :)
I don't know if they jogged on the field or not, but the first defensive series is a flat out embarrassment, letting a team run it down your throat for 99 1/2 yards, my God, not only we weren't we ready to play from a coaching stand point, we did not play with any pride from a players stand point.
Then after the TM fumble on the next offensive play, we go back in, and act like we've never seen a man go in motion before, we get picked, and they got 7 more. No sense of urgency at all.

Something wasn't right the first quarter or so.

I don't know if they jogged on the field or not, but the first defensive series is a flat out embarrassment, letting a team run it down your throat for 99 1/2 yards, my God, not only we weren't we ready to play from a coaching stand point, we did not play with any pride from a players stand point.
Then after the TM fumble on the next offensive play, we go back in, and act like we've never seen a man go in motion before, we get picked, and they got 7 more. No sense of urgency at all.

Something wasn't right the first quarter or so.

They were a little loosey-goosey and got licked.

That's pretty close to what BO'B did, isn't it?

'Cause if he didn't:

Bravo......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT