ADVERTISEMENT

Tank gets into the Olympics

Frank Molinaro, Olympian - well done!!!

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
You can't slack on stuff like that Chief. When the money is due, it's due...
As an aside, that's what killed SMU. They had a payroll to keep and they kept it rather than heed the NCAA. The brother of an ex-boss directed the 30 for 30 Pony Excess. Very interesting back story to that whole mess.

...NO ONE has ever worked harder to achieve a dream!!!..

..."Jes keep choppin'!!!...

Last edited:
Phenomenal NEWS FOR FRANK!!! He'll be able to complete the Olympic Dream. Unbelievable news.

Great news. However, this is why they should have wrestled for a true third at Turkey. Don't get me wrong, I think Tank beats Habat, but I think this convoluted result should be determined by results on the mat, not by the draw of the bracket.

Is it too late for me to get "Beware the Hair" trademarked?

As an aside, that's what killed SMU. They had a payroll to keep and they kept it rather than heed the NCAA. The brother of an ex-boss directed the 30 for 30 Pony Excess. Very interesting back story to that whole mess.
I love the 30 for 30 films, particularly that one. It's was very interesting. The one that surprised me was the film about how fantasy leagues started up. I was surprised how well done it was.

Great news. However, this is why they should have wrestled for a true third at Turkey. Don't get me wrong, I think Tank beats Habat, but I think this convoluted result should be determined by results on the mat, not by the draw of the bracket.

Is it too late for me to get "Beware the Hair" trademarked?

Since the tournament qualified the top 2, Frank had a stronger claim for a true 2nd match than Habat did for a true 3rd match.

Since the tournament qualified the top 2, Frank had a stronger claim for a true 2nd match than Habat did for a true 3rd match.

I know that. That is why I wish they had wrestled true 3rd & 2nd so that it would have been decided by the stronger result, not the stronger claim.

Either way, let me know when I can buy the gofundme Beware the Hair shirt.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
yes, do we need a gofundme for Frank's family? I saw one a while back but didn't contribute because I thought it premature until he actually won a berth. I'll contribute if someone starts one. I don't do computers well.

Last edited:
Brent Metcalf with a classy capstone to the whole affair (speaking of someone with the best "body of work" at the weight):

Brent is a stand up guy in my book. I would expect him to land at Iowa as a coach in some form, but where he goes those kids will get better instantly. I follow him on twitter and he has some cool hunting pics and comes across very strong in his faith. Much like you see from many of our guys.

Fantastic News!

Everyone is onboard behind Frank. He saw his dream, worked his tail off and made it happen. Frank Molinaro is headed to the Olympics in Rio.

Great Story!

Good luck Frank!

I've been to multiple NJSIAA state wrestling championships, though was not there in 2005. Even If I was, I would have had a hard time believing it if someone told me that the finalists at 125 would someday be teammates on the US Olympic Team. What a great match to look back on now. So excited and thrilled for Frank on this accomplishment.

Reactions: mn78psu83 and T J
Wow, just wow. Never expected to read this in my wildest dreams. Figured the IOC would make sure no more bids went to America. Really happy for Frank and can't wait to cheer him on.

so happy for frank, ohio st. guys can kiss my a**. frank won a loaded ott weight class steiber,a great wrestler for sure, didn't. end of discussion.

What's forgotten about that tourney.....is streebler lost not once but twice and failed to even make it as an alternate for the US.

If streebler got jobbed or lost in the finals I could see their hate. As the results show.....he didn't show up. Thus they should shut up.

Now w frank going to Rio their argument rings even more hollow.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT