ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation growing that Chase Young will be ruled ineligible for season

I try to use the same standards for other players as I use for ours. That "rule" is pretty lame and should be nothing more than a misdemeanor, I game suspension, at most. It actually hurt him pretty bad already, in that he might have just removed himself from the Heisman.

Reactions: MoyerJones
If it were a Penn State player in young's position, would herbstreit post the same text littered with ALL. CAPS. :eek: for emphasis? Would Todd Blackledge post such a text in reference to a Penn State player?

herbstreit is garbage.

Looking at that text, is herbstreit actually BUSHWOOD. :eek: ?

It's rumored on some of the Buckeye boards that the whistle blower was Chase's former HS coach Elijah Brooks who's currently on the Maryland staff or somehow connected to the program. If you're a betting person, you might want to take OSU and lay the points in future OSU-Maryland games. They should know something today or tomorrow from the NCAA as they turned in documented proof that Young paid the loan back. Again, all rumors at this point,

It's rumored on some of the Buckeye boards that the whistle blower was Chase's former HS coach Elijah Brooks who's currently on the Maryland staff or somehow connected to the program. If you're a betting person, you might want to take OSU and lay the points in future OSU-Maryland games. They should know something today or tomorrow from the NCAA as they turned in documented proof that Young paid the loan back. Again, all rumors at this point,
Gonna be one hungry Chase Young on Nov 23...

A rival blows the whistle as probably the most opportune time for OSU to recover from it? I doubt it.

I still think OSU itself is the mole
It happened just in time to make him ineligible for the Maryland game. Makes a lot of sense it was the Maryland assistant and his former HS HC

It happened just in time to make him ineligible for the Maryland game. Makes a lot of sense it was the Maryland assistant and his former HS HC
What MD assistant in his right mind would think Chase Young's absence gives them a chance to beat OSU??

Reactions: psuno1
Up until this story broke, C. Young was going to play against PSU...so in that sense nothing has changed, except perhaps a fan's perceived chance of winning.

So C. Young plays after suspension... He was already arguably the best defensive player in the country anyway, and plays motivated anyway, and would have extra motivation against another Top 10 team at home anyway, so the above insinuations of any "extra motivation" he may have coming off of the suspension are meaningless.

Even before this story broke, it was known that if PSU doesn't win against OSU (presumably with Young), then the playoffs without a conference championship were a long-shot even before the MN loss...and there was no guarantee to beat OSU in his absence.

Nevertheless, if PSU does somehow win its next 4 games, PSU is in the playoffs, especially if C. Young plays in the game, because the victory will be against a great team with its best player on the field.

Perhaps someone would like to quote Ric Flair? To be the man... ;)

The leak was someone at OSU. That's really the only one that makes sense. A MD coach? Franklin? Both would have pretty lousy timing if they wanted to really stick it to OSU.

New development on who turned in Chase Young. According to the O-Zone and a few other sites it was James Franklin. This could get interesting.

https://forums.theozone.net/messages/598748.html
Their source is Zach Smith?

giphy.gif

So Franklin planted the family friend and forced Young to take the cash that he knew was wrong. Then Franklin held on to the story all year long only to report it now. I mean I knew Smith was an idiot, but I didn't realize how GD stupid some of the Buckeye faithful were.

So Franklin planted the family friend and forced Young to take the cash that he knew was wrong. Then Franklin held on to the story all year long only to report it now. I mean I knew Smith was an idiot, but I didn't realize how GD stupid some of the Buckeye faithful were.
Could be right but it's gaining steam on a few boards

Could be right but it's gaining steam on a few boards
Well knock me over with a feather then. You mean it’s on a message board for fanatics so it must be true, my bad. Franklin is a genius for making this happen!!!!!!!! Brilliant stuff. Just when you think college fans can’t get dumber, some simple minds up the game.

Well knock me over with a feather then. You mean it’s on a message board for fanatics so it must be true, my bad. Franklin is a genius for making this happen!!!!!!!! Brilliant stuff. Just when you think college fans can’t get dumber, some simple minds up the game.
You do realize we're dealing with people like Zach Smith, right ?

This whole thing about pinning it on CJF is genius on the part of O$U. Textbook PR firm spinning a negative into a positive... and blame the biggest cancer they have in Smith.

For sure he'll be back for Penn State game and this way they've built in "motivation" factor.

Their PR firm is top notch

Would Penn State even appeal it? This is the difference between the CFP caliber teams and others. If you’re truly not willing to put football first, you won’t be at that “elite” level. Funny how Urban was back just in time for the PSU game and now Young will be back just in time for the PSU game.
Love the holier than thou gig.

Reactions: NobleOne
This whole thing about pinning it on CJF is genius on the part of O$U. Textbook PR firm spinning a negative into a positive... and blame the biggest cancer they have in Smith.

For sure he'll be back for Penn State game and this way they've built in "motivation" factor.

Their PR firm is top notch
Chase won’t need a built in motivational factor. God help Clifford

Love the holier than thou gig.
Not holier than thou...actual evidence...Shelton will get about as many games out for spitting at someone as Young gets for taking money illegally, but just ignore any evidence that doesn’t support your argument.

Reactions: PSU87
E$PN putting one of their heavy hitters out in front of this. Lest they all forget, IT'S IN THE NCAA RULE BOOK AS BEING ILLEGAL!!! That's why every other college football player doesn't do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT