ADVERTISEMENT

Spanier targeting Lubert

LOL, Not trying to incite anything, but I assume more a few of us have been around the same block more than a few times

On the contrary, it's very very interesting to Baylor Alumni (of which group I am not one). Wonder why they formed "Bears for Leadership Reform" that has some pretty hard-hitting backers including a fmr TX governor?
The one or two outsiders that post here regularly are definitely the exception.

TSM apparently served more than its stated "purpose." It is that "purpose" that led The Commonwealth OAG to steer the process in the direction of PSU. Since OGBOTs were ass deep in the "other purpose" that TSM served they were more than happy to throw a few logs on the fire (JVP, GS,GS, TC.) The Commonwealth Governor (also a Trustee) also did not want to explain how every state agency had shielded one of "the worst child predators" ever seen by LE. So close, yet so far. It seems the crooks are hiding in plain site.

"Here" is not the only place on earth where discussions and information are exchanged, FYI.
It's one of the few places regarding the scandal. Let's not pretend that this is a hot button issue five years after it all went down. The vast majority people who are still talking about it have some affiliation to PSU.

Reactions: Stufftodo
It's one of the few places regarding the scandal. Let's not pretend that this is a hot button issue five years after it all went down. The vast majority people who are still talking about it have some affiliation to PSU.
Really? I see all kinds of people discussing it every single day who are not PSU alums. You need to get out more, GMJ.

That is what is so damned frustrating. They don't have to hide, because they control the system.
And no one will call a "spade a spade"...... No one with the standing and responsibility to do so, anyway

In fact, they call "a spade" an "inspiring leader" o_O ........and hand him over the Keys to the Kingdom

Confused yet?

Wrt the "A9":

When you are willing to sift through 5 tons of horseshit - with your bare hands - to find a quarter that you believe is hidden in there (i.e. "The Freeh File" review)

But - you won't bend down to pick up a $100 bill sitting at your feet (i.e. EVERY OTHER Fiduciary duty of a PSU TTEE)

Either:

A - You are EPICALLY stupid ...... (which I do not believe to be the case....well, maybe one or two exceptions :) )

Or

B - You are completely unaware that there is a $100 bill sitting at your feet (which I KNOW is not the case)

Or

C - For whatever reasons, you are much more interested in that particular quarter (Freeh/409/Football) than you are in the $100 bill (responsible governance)

I think the answer is obvious

Last edited:
popcorn.gif
That's funny :cool:

And no one will call a "spade a spade"...... No one with the standing and responsibility to do so, anyway

In fact, they call "a spade" an "inspiring leader" o_O ........and hand him over the Keys to the Kingdom

Confused yet?
Seems that Kathleen Kane called the spade a spade... she got hers.

She was the only one with any stones. Most who know anything are smart enough to know how things turn out for those who call the spade a spade. It won't Böde well for you.

Keep your mouth shut and you can live your life. Loose lips and the only ship that'll be sunk is your own.

Joe Paterno was the most powerful man in PA, remember? I'd like to believe that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Something tells me Joe did know, but what he knew isn't what the public thinks he knew, hence the all out blitz to shovel shit on his grave during the 23rd hour so that information never saw the light of day.

Seems that Kathleen Kane called the spade a spade... she got hers.

She was the only one with any stones. Most who know anything are smart enough to know how things turn out for those who call the spade a spade. It won't Böde well for you.

Keep your mouth shut and you can live your life. Loose lips and the only ship that'll be sunk is your own.

Joe Paterno was the most powerful man in PA, remember? I'd like to believe that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Something tells me Joe did know, but what he knew isn't what the public thinks he knew, hence the all out blitz to shovel shit on his grave during the 23rd hour so that information never saw the light of day.
For the average yukmaluk that's all well and good

However, when you are duty-bound........... When, in fact, you asked others to PERMIT you to assume that duty for them....

"Keeping your mouth shut so you can live your life".......ain't a valid option

At the very least - the VERY LEAST - in that situation, since there ain't no one holding a gun to your head, you step aside and say "I can't take on this task"

For the average yukmaluk that's all well and good

However, when you are duty-bound........... When, in fact, you asked others to PERMIT you to assume that duty for them....

"Keeping your mouth shut so you can live your life".......ain't a valid option

At the very least - the VERY LEAST - in that situation, since there ain't no one holding a gun to your head, you step aside and say "I can't take on this task"
Totally agree.

Sure he does.........

But - if Eby doesn't kill it (yeah, I know that has the same odds as winning the POWERBALL), that opens the door to sitting Lubert on the stand (or, at least, in a Depo) and asking him:

"Why did you pay off un-vetted Claimants with PSU money?"

"Why did you think it was legal/ethical for you do disburse XXXX multi-million settlement checks without the parameters and the specifics of each of those payments being vetted by the full Board (NOT just the "spend it however you want, but don't tell us nuthin'" crap that was crammed down earlier)?
Who told you that was "OK"?" (and then you can bring all THOSE folks - Dunham? Others? - into the loop)

"Why was an agreement purchased from each Claimant whereby they (the Claimant) ceded their right to pursue actions against the 2nd Mile and against any other entity (including PA Govt agencies)?"

The fact that this suit moving forward "as is" would result in opening those doors.....is exactly why the chance that it does move forward "as is" is - IMO - about as likely as me having that hot oil massage from Gwen Stefani.

Eby's actions in July 2016 showed us that (or should have, if we were paying attention)

I hope and pray I am wrong......and that someday the Spanier attorneys will have Lubert and Freeh in the spotlight......but, in situations like these - being that I am one cynical son-of-a-bitch wrt Judges, Politicos, and those who exercise illegitimate power - I ain't wrong very often.
In addition to these questions I would like to see at least one more asked ...

"Why would you agree to pay out a gazillion dollars of PSU money before the C/S/S trial is completed?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if none of the remaining C/S/S charges stick then there isn't a single PSU employee who did anything wrong/illegal post JS retiring?! And the majority of the claims were for incidents after 1999. What am I missing?

In addition to these questions I would like to see at least one more asked ...

"Why would you agree to pay out a gazillion dollars of PSU money before the C/S/S trial is completed?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if none of the remaining C/S/S charges stick then there isn't a single PSU employee who did anything wrong/illegal post JS retiring?! And the majority of the claims were for incidents after 1999. What am I missing?
You ain't missing nothing

Well, maybe one thing - - - you are missing all the bullshit that has been piled up (by EVERYONE involved) to try to hide the simple, basic, obvious truths
Kudos to you for seeing past that - and "missing" it

:)

Reactions: step.eng69
It got brought up because of a specific event. Just like when there is news about a new victim coming forward, or when PSU decides to half-ass a tribute to Paterno in order to gauge public opinion. People outside of the PSU community are not thinking about the scandal unless something pops up in the news.

So people are not talking about it unless they are... why don't you just give up?

If people didn't care, the comment sections on any PSU related article wouldn't look like they do, espn wouldn't mention it constantly.

If already discussed months ago, I apologize.
Why vote for him?
Why not abstain, simply to send a message?
Why not run against him, simply to send a message?​
Pardon the intrusion, but do you not read all the posts before asking the same questions answered earlier?

Reactions: step.eng69
Pardon the intrusion, but do you not read all the posts before asking the same questions answered earlier?
The questions were never answered......and they never will be. EVER.
Not with anything other than BS and the sacred "You don't know what we know"....and.... "Your votes don't matter"....... Two of the "Sacred Excuses" of the A9

Reactions: AvgUser
The questions were never answered......and they never will be. EVER.
Not with anything other than BS and the sacred "You don't know what we know"....and.... "Your votes don't matter"....... Two of the "Sacred Excuses" of the A9
Yes, it was, you just missed it because it was subtle, yet "inciteful".

(Sorry AL, my Pops, genius in a lot of areas had those grammar issues as well and worked on them his whole life, but either it was inciteful or insightful, or both. A very good play on words, I might add, if that was the intention.)

Reactions: Zenophile
Ira's ties to the Second Mile crowd run long and deep. If you don't think he knew of the Sandusky investigation early on then I have a bridge to sell you.

My understanding is that he flew Jerry Sandusky and the father of PSU wrestler Jim Martin (now Dr Jim Martin of Martin & Suhey Orthopedics) to the NCAA Wrestling Championships at Iowa State in 1988 to watch Jim win a national championship.

Fast forward and Dr. James Martin testified at Jerry's trial.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.penn...rry_sandusky_trial_wrestler.amp?client=safari

So that Martin is the Martin of Martin and Suhey?! I had not realized that connection - I'm not paying as close attention to some of the inter-connected relationship details as I thought. It's quite a web.

Is Martin on Suhey's 'side' in all this mess, blaming JVP, angry at JVP over Suhey Jr's lack of playing time on the field? Him testifying for the defense must have made for some awkward moments in the office.

Hell, I won't even buy the Suhey Peppers, which look yummy, and Paul was a fraternity bro of mine. I was unsure about buying jewelry for wifey at Aurum because I wasn't sure which side of things Betsy was on! (Wifey won out, but Aurum is now closed).

Anthony, the results and public airing of your and the team's Freeh review cannot come fast enough. That, and the JVP suit are my few remaining hopes for all of this mess to turn in the good guys' favor. I don't have a lot of hope for Spanier's suit or the et. al. vs. NCAA suit. Hope I am completely wrong and all 4 events bring the great results we're hoping for.

Martin is a big JS supporter.......so that part of your "assuming" is correct

He was one of JS's staunchest supporters throughout - testified in his defenses at trial, IIRC

Yeah, I gathered that from him testifying for JS. Is he still involved with the retrial efforts? There is a small contingent of very respectable, highly vested people on JS's side in that cause.

With Suhey inexplicably turning his back on JVP, it made me curious as to Martin's 'side' on that issue? Seems as though he would defend JVP, if he believes JS to be innocent. Or maybe he does not think JS innocent, but testified to one specific element of the case? It is a complicated and semi-interesting facet (to me.)

I just don't think I'm a big enough person to work alongside someone who took a lead role in the whole, completely avoidable, mess. A tip of the hat to Doc Martin.
Really glad Jim Martin's name came up. I was reading an e-book titled, "To Believe a Kid: Understanding the Jerry Sandusky Case and Child Sexual Abuse." The book chronicles parts of the trial and offers some interesting background info.

Came across a few paragraphs about Jim Martin's time on the stand. I didn't know who he was at the time, but I knew he was a witness for the defense (for Jerry). And as I was reading, my immediate thought was that this guy was planted as a defense witness, but was really playing for the prosecution.

After doing some digging I found out how closely connected he was to Paul Suhey (they own a business together). That cemented in my mind the possibility that Jim Martin was yet another example of our broken justice system and the OAG's "winning at all costs" mentality to secure a conviction. book link embedded in tweet:

Look at how EASILY Jerry's so-called character witness rolls over for the prosecution. Can't help but think Paul Suhey and the bad guys behind the scenes got to Dr. James S. Martin (click on images to enlarge).
B8o-OcHCEAAZGHl.png:large
B8o-S4JCUAAOsO4.png:large

Last edited:
Yes, it was, you just missed it because it was subtle.
I didn't "miss it".....and it wasn't "subtle"

It was BULLSHIT (see, that was not subtle either :) )

What part of "Fiduciary Reaponsibility" do folks not understand?
(Aside from - apparently - EVERY part :) )

I've had enough discussions with "409ers" and "A9ers" (two groups with about a 95% Venn Diagram overlap) to know that any discussions of Fiduciary Responsibility and Responsible Stewardship are pointless.......so I'll leave it at that and move forward with common causes

Last edited:
I didn't "miss it".....and it wasn't "subtle"

It was BULLSHIT (see, that was not subtle either :) )

What part of "Fiduciary Reaponsibility" do folks not understand?
(Aside from - apparently - EVERY part :) )
Love your passion and your understanding of accounting, etc. but it's clear you probably aren't good at politics or chess.

AL and the A9 can say what they want as to why they voted for Ira. Maybe they will be truthful, maybe not. From the outside looking in, it's hard to believe that there wasn't some kind of agreement to honor Paterno in order to get the A9s' votes. Let's be honest - the A9 have been focused on Paterno more than issues that are relevant to the future of PSU (like BOT reform). Again, they can say what they want, but it's clear to me that their reason for being on the board is Joe Paterno and very little else.

AL and the A9 can say what they want as to why they voted for Ira. Maybe they will be truthful, maybe not. From the outside looking in, it's hard to believe that there wasn't some kind of agreement to honor Paterno in order to get the A9s' votes. Let's be honest - the A9 have been focused on Paterno more than issues that are relevant to the future of PSU (like BOT reform). Again, they can say what they want, but it's clear to me that their reason for being on the board is Joe Paterno and very little else.
The rest of us are also on the outside looking in and have known for 5 years this was never about "Paterno", only for you. Also quite disingenuous. Do you not watch Board meetings? A9 work more on real student issues and interact directly with students in a more meaningful way than most of the rest of them.

Ted Brown

(Awkward silence)
I'm well aware that Ted Brown still thought that's what was going to get him votes. Pretty sure he learned from that experience. But so did that other dude that ran last time when he made his video. Nom never happened.

The rest of us are also on the outside looking in and have known for 5 years this was never about "Paterno", only for you. Also quite disingenuous. Do you not watch Board meetings? A9 work more on real student issues and interact directly with students in a more meaningful way than most of the rest of them.
I'm just going to have to disagree with you there. As BOT members, they are forced to tackle many issues. The only issues that you hear about publicly over the past 5 years involve Joe Paterno (directly or indirectly).

LOL.......if you only knew
Yes the waste of money is appalling to everyone that is keeping up with as many details as are available to them. But this means absolutely nothing to the powerbrokers who wade in it and it's not going to faze them one bit. They have to be brought down in other ways.

I'm well aware that Ted Brown still thought that's what was going to get him votes. Pretty sure he learned from that experience. But so did that other dude that ran last time when he made his video. Nom never happened.
I'm pretty sure that Ted Brown got the votes.....

I'm just going to have to disagree with you there. As BOT members, they are forced to tackle many issues. The only issues that you hear about publicly over the past 5 years involve Joe Paterno (directly or indirectly).
Then you aren't keeping yourself very well informed, and are going off rumors and media articles, but we all knew that already.

I read the thread in chronological in order and replied when I got to his post. That happens often enough.

That said, I don't think he really answered the question either. I am surprised Lubrano is on here saying as much as he has directly about Lubert and his dealings. But, there is also a lot of information that he speaks around that he doesn't completely divulge (mystery packet).

My opinion is still that a 34-0 vote is/was idiotic. The result would not have changed if it were 33-1, or 33-0. But, it was 34-0. If you want reform, falling in line isn't the way to go achieve it.

Then you aren't keeping yourself very well informed, and are going off rumors and media articles, but we all knew that already.
I'm going by what the A9 have talked about publicly. The stuff that they have taken time away from their personal lives to address.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT