ADVERTISEMENT

Spanier targeting Lubert

Nothing is coincidental with respect to Ira. He has made a career at flying below the radar. From his political giving to his knowledge of the Sandusky investigation.

Ira shares a suite at Beaver Stadium with Bob Poole and Galen Dreibelbis. Bob was the Chair of the Second Mile as well as a close friend and significant fundraiser for Sen Corman (as well as others).

For good reason some here took exception to my vote for Ira as Board Chair. To be clear, I made no deal with Ira in exchange for my vote. Frankly, I do not believe he expected me to vote for him.

FWIW, I have read that Ira served as Treasurer at TSM at some point in his murky past. Not saying he was or wasn't. It could have been back before Al Gore invented the Internet.

Is there a list of all TSM officers since it began? If not why not...

While I did find report of it on a message board, they referenced the 2008 annual report. I checked that one, and he was not listed as such. It does list him as being on the Southeast Region Board. That had a treasurer, but it was a man named Bowman; TSM's Treasurer was Lacastro:
If you can evidence that Lubert was TSM's Treasurer, I'd be interested.

Last edited:
We just want to know where you came from all of a sudden. You didn't come here without a motive or an agenda, particularly given the recent turn of events.

One might guess that Ira sent you here, if we believed that such actions were even remotely possible.

One's guesses would be wrong.

In seriousness, what "recent" turn of events are you referring to?

If it is Spanier's amended complaint, where he referred to Lubert, I started posting before that. He had until March to file it, so I am a bit surprised it was filed so soon.

I am surprised that, after Edy's admonishment, Spanier chose to include Lubert. He seems to have added him because he is now chairman of the Board of Trustees.

The "crap" hit the fan a long time ago. There will be no "moving on" until the criminal trials are resolved.

Despite the fact that a few posters have raised it, I mentioned neither "the alumni," nor Paterno, nor Lubert, in relation to the Board of Trustees. I did quote, Spanier's filing. It you don't like what he filed, complain to his attorney.

Now, if you want me to, I will say, regarding Paterno, that I feel complied fully with the law in reporting. At this point, I think that he testified honestly before the grand jury. I also disapproved of the way he was terminated.

To answer Nellie's legitimate query:

The judge complained about the length and the relevance of Spanier's first complaint, comparing it to a James Patterson novel. Bringing in Lubert, apparently because he is now the chair, with items of questionable relevance, i.e. not being on the board actually running TSM (that was the one Sandusky served on) and noting that Lubert's involvement with TSM, at a lower level, ended before the criminal investigation began, is not helpful to Spanier. It also added to the length.

For some, the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results. :)
Interesting that you've such fully developed opinions in just 3 days' time. So how did you happen upon our humble little football discussion board?

Nothing is coincidental with respect to Ira. He has made a career at flying below the radar. From his political giving to his knowledge of the Sandusky investigation.

Ira shares a suite at Beaver Stadium with Bob Poole and Galen Dreibelbis. Bob was the Chair of the Second Mile as well as a close friend and significant fundraiser for Sen Corman (as well as others).

For good reason some here took exception to my vote for Ira as Board Chair. To be clear, I made no deal with Ira in exchange for my vote. Frankly, I do not believe he expected me to vote for him.

Fair enough, Anthony. But can you elaborate on your public praise of his leadership? I think that, as much as anything, has folks scratching their heads. I can (somewhat) understand the 34-0 vote. It's not like he was going to be defeated. But, the follow-up praise led most, if not all, of us to assume that there was something of interest negotiated.

If you grab some context from your posts before September 17, coupled with the Ira election results, then you have to admit it created some anticipation on the part of this board.

Ira's ties to the Second Mile crowd run long and deep. If you don't think he knew of the Sandusky investigation early on then I have a bridge to sell you.

My understanding is that he flew Jerry Sandusky and the father of PSU wrestler Jim Martin (now Dr Jim Martin of Martin & Suhey Orthopedics) to the NCAA Wresltling Championships at Iowa State in 1988 to watch Jim win a national championship.

Fast forward and Dr. James Martin testified at Jerry's trial.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.penn...rry_sandusky_trial_wrestler.amp?client=safari

Yet you did, in fact, vote for him, knowing all this information. And you wonder why the folks on this board question decisions and lack of progress made in this mess?

So what changed in a week that caused you to.............vote for him? Why did you vote for him if you ................got nothing. That is just bad political strategy and seems like a lose, lose to me. On principle alone, shouldn't all BOT have stepped down or be asked to step down due to 119 governance failures(personal enrichment), conflicts of interest (TSM) or fiduciary mistakes (non-vetting)? Has anyone asked the BOT to just............resign?

Just because you don't show up on the books and official reports doesn't mean you didn't play a role (i.e. a significant role) in the operations of an organization. Do you think we just road in here on a wagon load of punkins?

I'm sure we will get a much better idea of Ira's influence and role in TSM and the BoT when they start deposing staff members.

No, I think you just jumped on the turnip truck and are riding around on it. :)

Spanier, through his lawyer, is not claiming anything beyond Lubert being the current chair of the Trustees, and serving on a board that did not manage TSM and who was not there during the criminal investigation. That isn't strong, and Eby had a problem with similar arguments.

It is doubtful that they will be deposing anyone regarding this because of the lack of involvement of Lubert. If there had been, do you doubt that Spanier would have put it in his initial filing?

Spanier isn't arguing that Lubert had some "secret role" in TSM. He is arguing that Lubert had some sort of knowledge about Sandusky being investigated because of these stated roles. Spanier's argument has a plausibility problem.

Predictions about what happens in court have been mostly wrong in the past, so I see no reason to give your predictions any more credence than the others. We'll just have to wait and see. And, don't discount the possibility that Spanier's team gained access to some new information.

If Lubert wasn't nervous, you wouldn't be here, dude. We're not fools.

No, I think you just jumped on the turnip truck and are riding around on it. :)

Spanier, through his lawyer, is not claiming anything beyond Lubert being the current chair of the Trustees, and serving on a board that did not manage TSM and who was not there during the criminal investigation. That isn't strong, and Eby had a problem with similar arguments.

It is doubtful that they will be deposing anyone regarding this because of the lack of involvement of Lubert. If there had been, do you doubt that Spanier would have put it in his initial filing?

Spanier isn't arguing that Lubert had some "secret role" in TSM. He is arguing that Lubert had some sort of knowledge about Sandusky being investigated because of these stated roles. Spanier's argument has a plausibility problem.

Riiight. And I guess it's all one big coincidence that folks like Frazier and Ira all stopped giving donations to TSM and stopped letting them use their facilities/properties (see Ira) right before JS was "indicated" in late 2008?? I guess it's also a coincidence that half of the main TSM board left right before he was indicated as well?? For there to be nothing shady going on the number of coincidences in this disaster is trulyvremarkable!

You may not think it's a big deal but there's certainly enough smoke for further investigation/discovery.

Go do your astroturfing somewhere else.

The "crap" hit the fan a long time ago. There will be no "moving on" until the criminal trials are resolved.

Despite the fact that a few posters have raised it, I mentioned neither "the alumni," nor Paterno, nor Lubert, in relation to the Board of Trustees. I did quote, Spanier's filing. It you don't like what he filed, complain to his attorney.

Now, if you want me to, I will say, regarding Paterno, that I feel complied fully with the law in reporting. At this point, I think that he testified honestly before the grand jury. I also disapproved of the way he was terminated.

To answer Nellie's legitimate query:

The judge complained about the length and the relevance of Spanier's first complaint, comparing it to a James Patterson novel. Bringing in Lubert, apparently because he is now the chair, with items of questionable relevance, i.e. not being on the board actually running TSM (that was the one Sandusky served on) and noting that Lubert's involvement with TSM, at a lower level, ended before the criminal investigation began, is not helpful to Spanier. It also added to the length.

For some, the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results. :)
Clare Locke could always turn it in via Pitman shorthand if Eby is concerned about the number of pages it takes to lay the groundwork for a malice argument...

Predictions about what happens in court have been mostly wrong in the past, so I see no reason to give your predictions any more credence than the others. We'll just have to wait and see. And, don't discount the possibility that Spanier's team gained access to some new information.

If Lubert wasn't nervous, you wouldn't be here, dude. We're not fools.

I was here before Spanier filed this. So either I and Lubert are prescient, or your guess is in error.

Predictions about court results here have been largely wrong, but I'm trying to improve the average a bit. ;)

Seriously, we can look at why the initial complaint was tossed and then look at the current one. The first was tossed, in part, because of a lack of relevance. Now Spanier is saying: Lubert wasn't on the board that ran TSM, and wasn't there when there was a criminal investigation of Sandusky, but he should have told me what was going on. That is a difficult argument to make.

We also have a judge that says to Spanier: Keep it short and relevant. Spanier isn't doing that.

I would find it odd if suddenly, after all these months, Spanier would suddenly find a new connection between Lubert and Sandusky, and wouldn't put it in the filing.

Barry, you will hear it here and in court. If you get use to it here and you won't be so disappointed like you have been so many, many, times before.

Last edited:
Yet you did, in fact, vote for him, knowing all this information. And you wonder why the folks on this board question decisions and lack of progress made in this mess?
A devil's advocate take: Maybe they all wanted him to be the Captain of the Ship of Fools when the S finally HTF and the OGBOT gets exposed? After all the "CEO" is responsible for what happens "under his watch" , and the Captain always goes down with the ship.

I was here before Spanier filed this. So either I and Lubert are prescient, or your guess is in error.

Predictions about court results here have been largely wrong, but I'm trying to improve the average a bit. ;)

Seriously, we can look at why the initial complaint was tossed and then look at the current one. The first was tossed, in part, because of a lack of relevance. Now Spanier is saying: Lubert wasn't on the board that ran TSM, and wasn't there when there was a criminal investigation of Sandusky, but he should have told me what was going on. That is a difficult argument to make.

We also have a judge that says to Spanier: Keep it short and relevant. Spanier isn't doing that.

I would find it odd if suddenly, after all these months, Spanier would suddenly find a new connection between Lubert and Sandusky, and wouldn't put it in the filing.
First of all the connections of the OGBOT with TSM have been "visible" for about 5 years. Ever hear of not showing your cards until you are ready to play them?

Secondly when I asked you the same questions the day you joined and went right after me and one other poster, your answer was: "First account, not a new one. I decided to join in. Other people do read these boards, not just the person you are responding to in your posts."

Q (me). That's fine, but usually a new poster would introduce themselves, so people know where they are suddenly coming from.

A: "Well, I don't feel the need to. If you want to see where I'm 'coming from' read my posts."

I sort of warned you you would be asked to give some background:

moofafoo said
Has anyone figured out that "stuffeddoodoo" is just lionrevival under another nic? Only other trolls are giving him likes.

Me: "To be honest it was not only other 'trolls'.
I don't know about you, but when I first appeared here knowing I would be considered some newbie unknown person who came out of thin air to most except a few here, I tried to give some background information on why I had arrived."

Last edited:

???????

So, the A9 just ass-humped the University (and all of us) in the most horrific way imaginable....... for sport?
Just to see how much damage they could do?

????????

Somebody got some 'splainin' to do........and its kinda' like 'splainin' that the piss on everyone's shoes is really pure rainwater

While I did report of it on a message board, they referenced the 2008 annual report. I checked that one, and he was not listed as such. It does list him as being on the Southeast Region Board. That had a treasurer, but it was a man named Bowman; TSM's Treasurer was Lacastro:

^^^^^ Why are these azzholes like STUFFTODO not "booted"? ^^^^^

Reactions: 91Joe95
A devil's advocate take: Maybe they all wanted him to be the Captain of the Ship of Fools when the S finally HTF and the OGBOT gets exposed? After all the "CEO" is responsible for what happens "under his watch" , and the Captain always goes down with the ship.

Very, very inciteful. After all, if it's going to be a shitstorm, might as well be his.

^^^^^ Why are these azzholes like STUFFTODO not "booted"? ^^^^^

Well, because some us post accurately. One posted made a mistake, from memory. It happens. Another poster checked, corrected it and posted the link.

You have a problem with that?

Fair enough, Anthony. But can you elaborate on your public praise of his leadership? I think that, as much as anything, has folks scratching their heads. I can (somewhat) understand the 34-0 vote. It's not like he was going to be defeated. But, the follow-up praise led most, if not all, of us to assume that there was something of interest negotiated.

If you grab some context from your posts before September 17, coupled with the Ira election results, then you have to admit it created some anticipation on the part of this board.

My comment with respect to Ira's leadership pertained to a very specific personal disclosure he made to the Board in Executive Session.

I will share with you that I believe his disclosure was self-serving because he knew that some of us had received a package in the mail from an anonymous source. I believe he too received the same package though he denied this.

The package contained unflattering allegations about Ira. Turns out some of the info was true given Ira's decision to tell us.

Of course, a year earlier when he ran for Vice Chair he failed to disclose this to us.

Ira's ties to the Second Mile crowd run long and deep. If you don't think he knew of the Sandusky investigation early on then I have a bridge to sell you.

My understanding is that he flew Jerry Sandusky and the father of PSU wrestler Jim Martin (now Dr Jim Martin of Martin & Suhey Orthopedics) to the NCAA Wresltling Championships at Iowa State in 1988 to watch Jim win a national championship.

Fast forward and Dr. James Martin testified at Jerry's trial.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.penn...rry_sandusky_trial_wrestler.amp?client=safari

So that Martin is the Martin of Martin and Suhey?! I had not realized that connection - I'm not paying as close attention to some of the inter-connected relationship details as I thought. It's quite a web.

Is Martin on Suhey's 'side' in all this mess, blaming JVP, angry at JVP over Suhey Jr's lack of playing time on the field? Him testifying for the defense must have made for some awkward moments in the office.

Hell, I won't even buy the Suhey Peppers, which look yummy, and Paul was a fraternity bro of mine. I was unsure about buying jewelry for wifey at Aurum because I wasn't sure which side of things Betsy was on! (Wifey won out, but Aurum is now closed).

Anthony, the results and public airing of your and the team's Freeh review cannot come fast enough. That, and the JVP suit are my few remaining hopes for all of this mess to turn in the good guys' favor. I don't have a lot of hope for Spanier's suit or the et. al. vs. NCAA suit. Hope I am completely wrong and all 4 events bring the great results we're hoping for.

I don't pretend to understand what goes on behind the closed doors of the BOT, although it does make sense that if certain individuals believed that a shitstorm was coming, that having a bad guy in place to have to face the music seems amusing. However, it wasn't necessary to vote him in unanimously, since the alumni reps votes can't change anything, regardless. At the very least it seems like it would have been more palatable to abstain.

My comment with respect to Ira's leadership pertained to a very specific personal disclosure he made to the Board in Executive Session.

I will share with you that I believe his disclosure was self-serving because he knew that some of us had received a package in the mail from an anonymous source. I believe he too received the same package though he denied this.

The package contained unflattering allegations about Ira. Turns out some of the info was true given Ira's decision to tell us.

Of course, a year earlier when he ran for Vice Chair he failed to disclose this to us.
popcorn.gif

Reactions: step.eng69
These new sycophants are irrelevant. All they are useful for is to help gauge the angst of the BOT players. So long as their defenders are here, we can assume that there are loose ends out there that concerns them.

Agree.
I think they come on here to try to sway the public opinion, by focusing on surface issues without the context beneath them to put things into full perspective. The whole 'thing' is very convoluted and tangled, so by looking only at a surface 'fact' or statement, a person can spin it and confuse the real issues and the facts. Most people won't dive deeply on their own, and that is where public opinion can be swayed. It's what the OGBOT used, and the media used, etc., to make the public believe what their common sense wouldn't allow them to under normal circumstances.
It's why I come on here everyday, to try to understand more and more about this whole mess, and to support legitimate efforts to untangle the mess.

While I did find report of it on a message board, they referenced the 2008 annual report. I checked that one, and he was not listed as such. It does list him as being on the Southeast Region Board. That had a treasurer, but it was a man named Bowman; TSM's Treasurer was Lacastro:

Licastro was a long time PSU professor. Great instructor from what I hear. IIRC, he was actually a scientist who decided to just take a 180 and head into accounting.

Reactions: Stufftodo
So that Martin is the Martin of Martin and Suhey?! I had not realized that connection - I'm not paying as close attention to some of the inter-connected relationship details as I thought. It's quite a web.

Is Martin on Suhey's 'side' in all this mess, blaming JVP, angry at JVP over Suhey Jr's lack of playing time on the field? Him testifying for the defense must have made for some awkward moments in the office.

Hell, I won't even buy the Suhey Peppers, which look yummy, and Paul was a fraternity bro of mine. I was unsure about buying jewelry for wifey at Aurum because I wasn't sure which side of things Betsy was on! (Wifey won out, but Aurum is now closed).

Anthony, the results and public airing of your and the team's Freeh review cannot come fast enough. That, and the JVP suit are my few remaining hopes for all of this mess to turn in the good guys' favor. I don't have a lot of hope for Spanier's suit or the et. al. vs. NCAA suit. Hope I am completely wrong and all 4 events bring the great results we're hoping for.
Martin is a big JS supporter.......so that part of your "assuming" is correct

He was one of JS's staunchest supporters throughout - testified in his defenses at trial, IIRC

Last edited:
Agree.
I think they come on here to try to sway the public opinion, by focusing on surface issues without the context beneath them to put things into full perspective. The whole 'thing' is very convoluted and tangled, so by looking only at a surface 'fact' or statement, a person can spin it and confuse the real issues and the facts. Most people won't dive deeply on their own, and that is where public opinion can be swayed. It's what the OGBOT used, and the media used, etc., to make the public believe what their common sense wouldn't allow them to under normal circumstances.
It's why I come on here everyday, to try to understand more and more about this whole mess, and to support legitimate efforts to untangle the mess.
I don't think many people outside of PSU still care much about this. They certainly don't give a crap about the BOT. I'm not sure what public opinion you think is trying to be swayed. This is pretty much all internal to the PSU community at this point.

Martin is a big JS supporter.......so that part of your "assuming" isn't correct

He was one of JS's staunchest supporters throughout - testified in his defenses at trial, IIRC

Yeah, I gathered that from him testifying for JS. Is he still involved with the retrial efforts? There is a small contingent of very respectable, highly vested people on JS's side in that cause.

With Suhey inexplicably turning his back on JVP, it made me curious as to Martin's 'side' on that issue? Seems as though he would defend JVP, if he believes JS to be innocent. Or maybe he does not think JS innocent, but testified to one specific element of the case? It is a complicated and semi-interesting facet (to me.)

I just don't think I'm a big enough person to work alongside someone who took a lead role in the whole, completely avoidable, mess. A tip of the hat to Doc Martin.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I don't pretend to understand what goes on behind the closed doors of the BOT, although it does make sense that if certain individuals believed that a shitstorm was coming, that having a bad guy in place to have to face the music seems amusing. However, it wasn't necessary to vote him in unanimously, since the alumni reps votes can't change anything, regardless. At the very least it seems like it would have been more palatable to abstain.
Trying to "explain" the indefensible with bullshit is just pathetic:

"Despite our duty as stewards of the University - we bent the University, and every stakeholder of the University, over a table and ass-raped them -

Because we knew the Scoundrel we were placing into the position of Board Chairman was even WORSE than the unwashed masses realized (seriously?)

Then, in addition to humping the University by shoving Lubert/Dambly Inc up between their un-lubed cheeks.......
In addition to playing "I've got a secret" with what we know about Ira.....
We are going to CONTINUE to allow him - with our overt support - to rape the University treasury on a regular basis.....

Yep. That's the ticket"

Good Grief

Last edited:
Very, very inciteful. After all, if it's going to be a shitstorm, might as well be his.

LOL, Not trying to incite anything, but I assume more a few of us have been around the same block more than a few times

Now why did the above post when I changed my mind and erased it? Oh well, I'll just leave it here since it's here...

======================================================================
I don't think many people outside of PSU still care much about this. They certainly don't give a crap about the BOT. I'm not sure what public opinion you think is trying to be swayed. This is pretty much all internal to the PSU community at this point.
On the contrary, it's very very interesting to Baylor Alumni (of which group I am not one). Wonder why they formed "Bears for Leadership Reform" that has some pretty hard-hitting backers including a fmr TX governor?

Editing to add latest from Bears For Leadership Reform. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Yeah, I gathered that from him testifying for JS. Is he still involved with the retrial efforts? There is a small contingent of very respectable, highly vested people on JS's side in that cause.

With Suhey inexplicably turning his back on JVP, it made me curious as to Martin's 'side' on that issue? Seems as though he would defend JVP, if he believes JS to be innocent. Or maybe he does not think JS innocent, but testified to one specific element of the case? It is a complicated and semi-interesting facet (to me.)

I just don't think I'm a big enough person to work alongside someone who took a lead role in the whole, completely avoidable, mess. A tip of the hat to Doc Martin.
Sorry for the confusion..... Auto-correct (since edited)

LOL, Not trying to incite anything, but I assume more a few of us have been around the same block more than a few times

On the contrary, it's very very interesting to Baylor Alumni (of which group I am not one). Wonder why they formed "Bears for Leadership Reform" that has some pretty hard-hitting backers including a fmr TX governor?

Because most of our hard-hitting rich alumni backers are somehow exposed in all of this. Change is the last thing they want right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT