ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Day 2 Session 3 - Semis and 5th Rnd Consi

Lee gets Gfeller in the finals, he beat Karam 2-1 on a late takedown ... which means he choose neutral.

Tough match for Verk, good battle, looked a little gassed at the end. Excited to see him after a year in the room

Reactions: diggerpup
Jesus, to go for that when up by one is the killer instinct. Most would try to back out to a one point win.

I realize I haven't posted a single Zain highlight... but we've seen it a hundred times. Sorry, Zain.

Will get a better one once it's uploaded.

TMLR5YS.gif

Alber is so stunned he still has his hands locked when he's flat on his back, as if he might still hit his throw.

The FloArena Dashboard showed Alber getting 2 at :09 left and a 6-5 lead. Was listening to the PSU feed and it was 20-30 seconds behind. I was disappointed and begging for Lee to escape to force OT and all of a sudden he goes crazy on the feed describing Lee's counter throw and fall. So I went from thinking he was about to lose to Boom! Damn, Flo, about caused a heart attack.

Will get a better one once it's uploaded.

TMLR5YS.gif

So I am trying to figure out if Lee lands more on his back, would he have gotten pinned? The ref gets in the way, but somebody initiated the trip, was it Lee?

Arena just went went 4-2 Fox, then 4-1 Nolf, then 6-1 Nolf, then 4-2 Nolf, then 8-1 Nolf. Somebody fat fingering over there.

The flexibility that Lee shows on that throw is just crazy. I've watched that GIF a few times and I still can't believe he did that with Alber putting so much weight forward.

Nolf vs. Paul Fox (Stanford)

Per 1
Fox shoots, nothing, as they go OOB with 2:13 left. Nolf with an ankle pick for a quick TD, 2-0. He cuts him, 2-1. Fox basically running away. Nolf catches Fox on a counter and he's getting swipes, 8-1. Fox with an esc, 8-2. OOB with 25 sec. Fox basically fleeing. End

Per 2
Nolf takes bottom. He's up, peels out for the esc, 9-2. Fox shoots on the right leg, Nolf catches him, powers him over, and gets the pin at 3:42!!!!!!!!

So I am trying to figure out if Lee lands more on his back, would he have gotten pinned? The ref gets in the way, but somebody initiated the trip, was it Lee?
Lee’s throw reminds me a bit of Cenzo’s on IMar, for some reason

Reactions: nagromth
I find myself watching Nolf wrestle and wondering why the match stops... Oh, it's the end of the period. He's one of the few wrestlers that I watch and forget about the clock.

Reactions: a_mshaffer
the trip was all Lee initiating and it was SWeeeeeettt! I have to say that watching the PSU guys is sure exciting. You guys are lucky to be treated to those guys and their style.

We might give Flo a little slack for being unable to keep up with Jason Nolf scoring.
I have worked tables at tournaments. First in the old "paper" bout slip days and now in the electronic, i-have-a-mouse-cramp-in-my-right-hand day...

I can tell you that TD and release and TD and release is hard to keep up with.

Last edited:
I wouldn't blame Hammond if he wasn't giving it his all against Finesilver. I mean, he's probably thinking he's wrestled Nolf enough in the room at this point.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The FloArena Dashboard showed Alber getting 2 at :09 left and a 6-5 lead. Was listening to the PSU feed and it was 20-30 seconds behind. I was disappointed and begging for Lee to escape to force OT and all of a sudden he goes crazy on the feed describing Lee's counter throw and fall. So I went from thinking he was about to lose to Boom! Damn, Flo, about caused a heart attack.
You do realize that's not a Florida issue,right?

Vincenzo Joseph vs. Gordon Wolf (Lehigh)

Per 1
Joseph on the head, and they go OOB. Stall warning on Wolf. Wolf shoots, Joseph counter and takes Wolf to his back, 6-0. Wolf off his back. Joseph takes him back, and gets 2 NF, 8-0. Wolf up, then out, 8-1. Joseph in, they scramble at edge of the mat, Joseph locking a cradle, OOB, and nothing awarded. Wolf works in, Joseph in on a double, switches to a single, near the edge, OOB with nothing awarded. 24 sec left. Joseph in on a blast double, TD, 10-1. End. RT at 43 sec for Joseph

Per 2
Wolf chooses neutral. Joseph shoots on a single, driving forward, they scramble, Wolf with a whizzer, nothing as they go OOB. Stall warning on Wolf is a point, 11-1. Wolf shoots, Joseph sprawls, nothing. Wolf in, Joseph negates it, Joseph in on a low double for the TD, 13-1. Wolf gets a reversal with 3 sec, 13-3.

Per 3
Blood time for Wolf. Joseph takes bottom. He stands, is tripped down. Stoppage at 1:25 for blood time again for Wolf. RT at 31 sec for Joseph. Joseph stands, turns in, and gets a reversal takes Wolf to his back. Wolf rolls thru. It's a 19-3 TF at 5:53 for Joseph!

Marsteller lost in the other semi.

First we were robbed of Suriano Lee, and now it looks like we'll be robbed of Cenzo Chance, as Marsteller goes down for the first time this year. I noticed his match preceding this one he was a lot less active, maybe tank related.

Reactions: Dogwelder
You can see Cenzo in the background of the gif jumping up and down when he does it.
The best friends I ever had in my life were the ones who naturally were in the background of my matches before or after their own. It's nice to see a freshman endear himself to the stars who are already there and even more endearing to see the stars down there reacting the way they did. Most of those guys have important matches coming up and could have easily been focused on their own results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT