9:00 a.m. Doors Open for Spectators
10:00 a.m. 5th Round of Consolation
12:00 p.m. Championship Semifinals
Consolation Quarterfinals
2:00 p.m.* Consolation Semifinals
7:00 p.m. Championship Finals & Medal Matches

Can use this thread to break things up

Reactions: pish69
A quick, somewhat scientific glimpse at the future, and I came up with a final score for the Nittany Lions of between 160 and 200. I know that's huge, though my rules were absolutely worse case, vs absolutely best case, and assuming everyone we know is still wrestling, is healthy. I would suspect, with confidence, that it will be somewhere in between.

2018 SOUTHERN SCUFFLE
TEAM SCORES
Rank Team Points
1. Penn State 101
2. Northern Iowa 81.5
3. Lehigh 68
4. Navy 50.5
5. Duke 49
6. Virginia 46
6. CSU-Bakersfield 46
8. Drexel 42
9. Stanford 37.5
10. Lock Haven 36.5
11. Chattanooga 33
12. Northern Colorado 25
13. Appalachian State 23
13. Hofstra 23
15. Air Force 20.5
16. Oklahoma State 20
16. Campbell 20
18. Cleveland State 18
19. N.C.State 17.5
20. Gardner Webb 9.5
21. North Carolina 9
22. The Citadel 8
23. George Mason 6
24. Virginia Tech 3.5

2018 SOUTHERN SCUFFLE
TEAM SCORES
Rank Team Points
1. Penn State 101
2. Northern Iowa 81.5
3. Lehigh 68
4. Navy 50.5
5. Duke 49
6. Virginia 46
6. CSU-Bakersfield 46
8. Drexel 42
9. Stanford 37.5
10. Lock Haven 36.5
11. Chattanooga 33
12. Northern Colorado 25
13. Appalachian State 23
13. Hofstra 23
15. Air Force 20.5
16. Oklahoma State 20
16. Campbell 20
18. Cleveland State 18
19. N.C.State 17.5
20. Gardner Webb 9.5
21. North Carolina 9
22. The Citadel 8
23. George Mason 6
24. Virginia Tech 3.5
What happened to the 25th place team? Still haven't scored?

Well tough tournament for Keener. Struggles on the bottom in both of his losses.

I’m disappointed in the result, but I would think that having two hands would be kind of important in the hand fighting necessary to get out from bottom. Not trying to find excuse, but I also do not want to discount the impact of an injury sustained yesterday.

Very disapointing tourney for Keener..can't get out from bottom and can't scramble

I think Dice got it right in the other thread and Keener is going to end up being exactly what he was advertised as. He'll qualify for NCAAs. He will win 1-2 matches but won't be a factor in winning the title. There are two glaring holes on the roster at 125 and 133, but most teams have holes as well.

Keener faced Nickell of Cal. State Bakersfield

After P1, it was 0-2, Nickell

After P2, it was 0-4, Nickell, with Nickell having 1:46 of RT

The final score was 0-7, Nickell

Verkleeren vs. Barczak (Drexel)

After P1, it was 2-1, Verk

After P2, it was 5-1, Verk, as he scored a late TD. He had 57 sec of RT

P3
Esc by Barczak. Then a wild scramble to start the period. Barzczak eventually with the TD, 5-4. Verk with the esc, 6-4. Verk snaps down on the head, tries to get behind, no signal, and they go OOB as the period ends.

Final, 6-4, Verkleeren wins

Reactions: Dogwelder and SRATH
I think Dice got it right in the other thread and Keener is going to end up being exactly what he was advertised as. He'll qualify for NCAAs. He will win 1-2 matches but won't be a factor in winning the title. There are two glaring holes on the roster at 125 and 133, but most teams have holes as well.
A realistic goal for Keener at NCAA's is 2 and 2 with a bonus point win. Maybe scores 2.5 to 3.5 points. Have to hope for some improvement over what he has done in the past which is 1 and 2.

as a FYI, Scotty Parker of Lehigh was eliminated in R4 of consolations. I didn't see his tournament being over by the morning of Day 2

Nevills vs. Matt Voss (George Mason)

Per 1
Nevills in on a single, lifts the leg, swings Voss down to the mat for the TD, 2-0. Voss out, 2-1. Nevills snaps down on the head, nothing. Nevills with another TD, 4-1. Voss on knees, and Nevills working to break him down. Voss to 4-point, and RT is over 1 min. Nevills working on the left arm but loses it. Voss gets up and out, 4-2. OOB on a shot by Voss. End

Per 2
Voss choses bottom. Nevills gets a good ride going. Nevills on the right side. RT over 3 min of RT, and counting. Nevills with a 2-on-1, and gets a tilt, and gets 4 NF, 8-2. Rideout. 3:40 in RT for Nevills

Per 3
Nevills chooses neutral. Nick tried a shot on the right leg, nothing. Voss shoots a low single, blocked, and a stalemate is called @ 1 min. Voss with another shot, blocked. Voss shoots again, and a stalemate with 20 sec left. Nick with a single, a scramble, and gets the TD with under 5 sec. With 3:45 in RT, it's a 11-2 major for Nevills

More offense from Nick that match then the others combined. Hopefully that lit a fire under him and he's more aggressive moving forward.

Nevills wrestling better but his offense all season has been non existent.. disappointing after seeing him as a freshman.. Hopefully as season really kicks in, his weight and stamina and speed will start to improve and he will be more active again... as for Keener.. I expected more.. not a run to the finals but low AA level wrestler.. I don't see him getting there at this point.. Will hopefully qualify and win a match or two...

Did DeSanto wrestle Mueller this year already? Didn't Mueller beat him easily? I mean, not that it's an indictment of DeSanto considering he is a TRFR but I'd love to see him close the gap if that's the case.

He is such an easy kid to root for.

Did DeSanto wrestle Mueller this year already? Didn't Mueller beat him easily? I mean, not that it's an indictment of DeSanto considering he is a TRFR but I'd love to see him close the gap if that's the case.

He is such an easy kid to root for.

Mueller beat him twice. Both because he rode the heck out of him. If DesAnto can figure out how to get out, could be a different result

I noticed in DeSantos matches he's always wired up (meaning very anxious to wrestle) like he was in HS. Multiple times jumping the whistle. he's also turned to the ref multiple times with his palm up wondering whats taking so long to give him the 2pt TD.. lol

I love watching him wrestle and the crazy pace he keeps. Its very exciting which is great for wrestling..

Reactions: diggerpup
I noticed in DeSantos matches he's always wired up (meaning very anxious to wrestle) like he was in HS. Multiple times jumping the whistle. he's also turned to the ref multiple times with his palm up wondering whats taking so long to give him the 2pt TD.. lol

I love watching him wrestle and the crazy pace he keeps. Its very exciting which is great for wrestling..
He's one of my favorites outside of PSU. Lujan from UNI, as well, for different reasons.

anybody else not getting the gopsusports feed?

edit...apparently my work computer has blocked it as my cell phone works. Stupid new websense they put in.

Austin Desanto could end like 3rd at NCAAs or go 1-2, neither would surprise me. Kid is everywhere but his style can lead to extreme results in either direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT