ADVERTISEMENT

Some OUTSTANDING Golf At The Solheim Cup This Afternoon!

Excellent work by Brittany Lincicome/Brittany Lang (2-0), Cristie Kerr/Lexi Thompson (2-0-1) and Paula Creamer/Austin Ernst (2-1). The best players are playing the best, which you always need to win in every sport.

Juli Inkster's pairings have been excellent. #1 - she's not messing around with success. Keep the hot players out there and let them keep winning. #2 - she's not breaking up successful pairs. #3 - Putting the rookie Austin with one of your most experienced and most successful players EVER in Solheim Cup was genius.

Inkster was USA's best Solheim Cup player ever and looking like a 2-time winner as Captain. Cristie and Paula both broke Juli's records this week. I expect the proceedings will be over pretty quick tomorrow. Three wins and a half gets it done.

Reactions: Bob78
All I can say is wow. Incredible play by the Americans. Euros played well, but you can't beat some of the shots our gals put in for birdies and eagles. International match play tournaments have a lot of energy. A ton of great legs on display as well.

I can't up but think the Europeans are missing their "Ian Poulter" with Caroline Hedwall not part of the team. She had been the emotional leader for two of the European teams recent victories. Not a great stroke play player, but excellent in the team competitions.

Funny reading some English papers about this. Limited coverage since they're getting hammered. Hope the same thing happens with the Ryder Cup now that we've got a great group of young guys coming up

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
I can't up but think the Europeans are missing their "Ian Poulter" with Caroline Hedwall not part of the team. She had been the emotional leader for two of the European teams recent victories. Not a great stroke play player, but excellent in the team competitions.
Petterson as well (out with injury). I think those two would have made it a lot closer.

I really enjoy the strategy involved for the singles. Europe had no choice except to front load and hope your biggest guns can get you back in it. You have to do that, and if your lesser players fade late, that's the way it goes. If you lose early, your best players never get a chance to make a difference. You can't waste them - they have to lead off.

Knowing that, Juli chose to go strength vs strength up top, leading off Lexi vs Anna Nordquist who is playing tremendous golf. So far it's working - Lexi is 3 down, but Paula, Cristie, Stacy Lewis and Angel Yin are all winning their matches. And we have plenty of reserve power with great players and major winners like Brittany Lincicome and Brittany Lang coming up later in matches they should win.

We're in really, really good shape. Halves are tremendous - as good as a W. We only need 3 1/2 to keep the Cup.

WOW. WOW. WOW.

LEXI. LEXI. LEXI.
Awesome match. Nordquist, who is a great player, came out blasting and built a 4-up lead. Not to be denied, LT comes back winning FIVE holes on the back. Nordquist birdies all three of the par-5's and LOSES the holes to a PAIR of eagles!

It was justice I guess that Nordquist got the birdie on 18 to halve the match - Both players were 5-under 68. Nobody should lose like that. Still a backbreaker for the Euros - you have America's #1 player with a standing eight count, you have to finish the deal.

Then Paula and Cristie do what they always do in singles - win. Angel Yin is all square on 18, Lizette Salas is up two with two to play, Gerina Pillar up 3 with four to play.

It's all over. The 2017 Solheim Cup Champions - THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Reactions: Nitwit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT