ADVERTISEMENT

So what is Clifford's injury?

Interestingly, the ILL game takes on new significance. We are either coaching up a very young and inexperienced QB or testing to see if our vet is physically healthy enough to face tOSU et all.

The People around him would be his teammates, hopefully he can make more memories with them.

Or Bad to the Bone, or Back to Basics….but Back to Business is the only one that makes sense.
Back to bed
Bob the Builder
Bring the Booty
Below the Belt
By the Book
Bride to Be

Interestingly, the ILL game takes on new significance. We are either coaching up a very young and inexperienced QB or testing to see if our vet is physically healthy enough to face tOSU et all.
I predict that Roberson plays against Illinois regardless of Clifford's health. If Clifford is still hurt then obviously Roberson plays. If Clifford is healed then Roberson plays to keep Ohio State guessing, to give Roberson playing experience for next year, and to give Clifford another week to rest for the daunting final 5 games. Franklin understands that we will be able to easily beat Ill with Roberson at QB.

I read "time to create more memories #BTB" as him being cleared to play following some sort of exam (x-ray?), but maybe that is wishful thinking.

I predict that Roberson plays against Illinois regardless of Clifford's health. If Clifford is still hurt then obviously Roberson plays. If Clifford is healed then Roberson plays to keep Ohio State guessing, to give Roberson playing experience for next year, and to give Clifford another week to rest for the daunting final 5 games. Franklin understands that we will be able to easily beat Ill with Roberson at QB.
How easily? Will we be able to score points? We can't run the ball.

I take it as he’ll be playing again soon. Hope I’m right but if not I think the coaches will change up the playbook to suit Roberson
Hate that we are all analyzing a 20-something's social media post but here goes...
  1. He's talking in the past tense
  2. Emphasis on memories (once again, looking backward)
  3. "Time to create more memories" is something you say when you graduate or get married--i.e. moving on
  4. If it's something like "Back to Business," then just say that or say looking to battling back for this season.
Sounds pretty definitively like he's out for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: Sharkies
How easily? Will we be able to score points? We can't run the ball.
I am not willing to say that yet. We've played three really good defenses: Wisconsin, Auburn and Iowa. Right now, total defense:
  • Wisconsin is the second rated defense in NCAA behind GA.
  • Iowa is 8
  • Auburn is 32
  • Penn state is 26
Rushing Defense
  • Wisconsin is #1
  • Iowa is 11
  • Auburn 23
  • PSU is 29 (pitt is 21)

Hate that we are all analyzing a 20-something's social media post but here goes...
  3. "Time to create more memories" is something you say when you graduate or get married--i.e. moving on
  4. If it's something like "Back to Business," then just say that or say looking to battling back for this season.
Honestly, it could be pinned any different way. Your #2 and 3 was the reason I originally thought he was out for the season, but who knows?

In today's world, I give it to Wednesday before video of him is up on Twitter and we will know.

Bring the Bacon.

giphy.gif

Sounds like this post is either I’m back or I’m done. If he’s done for the year, does he return in 2022? We need a gap QB to prepare Allar. Clifford would be a great mentor…

Reactions: Texas Lion
Honestly, it could be pinned any different way. Your #2 and 3 was the reason I originally thought he was out for the season, but who knows?

In today's world, I give it to Wednesday before video of him is up on Twitter and we will know.
True...I was trying to take a very neutral look at it and if it was some QB from some other school, what would my assessment. Read that as the Wisconsin QB or Iowa State QB, is your opinion the same?

More confusing than anything else, I don't think he is saying goodbye to football or penn state. If he can't play anymore this year, I think he needs to come back. My hope is that he got a diagnosis that he will be able to return. Saying goodbye to the dream of being undefeated, but making new memories rising from the injury and defeat only to end up reaching the goal of the playoffs anyway. At least thats my hope.

To join the speculation, I read “more memories,” as more football as opposed to “new” memories which would be moving on.

Those who really know aren’t talking so let’s just hope it isn’t serious.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
To join the speculation, I read “more memories,” as more football as opposed to “new” memories which would be moving on.

Those who really know aren’t talking so let’s just hope it isn’t serious.
Or they know, and it' serious, and they don't want to start panic.

Sounds like this post is either I’m back or I’m done. If he’s done for the year, does he return in 2022? We need a gap QB to prepare Allar. Clifford would be a great mentor…
Good point. That would likely mean Roberson to the portal. We would be better off with Clifford then Allar in his second year and Roberson would be better off starting for someone else.

Reactions: tlbakernc
I can't help but think all the hand-wringing about Clifford's injury is just a little funny. I can honestly say I always thought he was one good QB coach/coordinator away from being really good. I also thought they needed to scrap using him as our primary rusher. That said, LOTTTTTS dudes on this board didn't want Cliff around anymore after last year, now they are staying awake at night praying our knight in shining armor can return.

I can't help but think all the hand-wringing about Clifford's injury is just a little funny. I can honestly say I always thought he was one good QB coach/coordinator away from being really good. I also thought they needed to scrap using him as our primary rusher. That said, LOTTTTTS dudes on this board didn't want Cliff around anymore after last year, now they are staying awake at night praying our knight in shining armor can return.
I don't know of a single poster that "didn't want him around anymore...".

I don't know of a single poster that "didn't want him around anymore...".
Please don't make me go back through to all the "We better get a transfer portal QB to replace Clifford" and "Clifford has hit his ceiling" and "clifford is not the guy" posts....please?

They know who they are, and there were more than a few.

Reactions: Sharkies

Play Roberson against Illinois and lean heavily on the running game.

o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT