ADVERTISEMENT

So, a defensive player literally can’t tackle a QB now?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
Just saw Crawford from Dallas get flagged for it just after Wilson releasing the ball. Clay Mathews got flagged for it when sacking the redskins QB. This is completely crazy!

Reactions: Shadow99
And Tavon Austin was just dragged down from behind, 5 yards out of bounds.... my biggest issue is having different rules for different positions.

Just saw Crawford from Dallas get flagged for it just after Wilson releasing the ball. Clay Mathews got flagged for it when sacking the redskins QB. This is completely crazy!
It is. How could he not land on the QB with all of his weight in that situation?

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Saw the Matthews call. That was really puzzling. I just don't get it. My wife, who couldn't care less, even questioned it.

Pro football is next to unwatchable anymore. Watched the once proud Steeler defense "tackling" (I use the word sarcastically) like a bunch of girls last week. Played like they were all more afraid of getting fined than winning the fricken football game.

If they don't care, why should I?

Saw the Matthews call. That was really puzzling. I just don't get it. My wife, who couldn't care less, even questioned it.
I don’t care for Mathews, but he did exactly what you coach a player to do when tackling. Why don’t the just give them flags to wear....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT