ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Did generations of greatness celebration omit Paterno??

I will take you at your word and expect no response to this post. I give you more leeway than many here, but 20 posts in a thread by one person are too many. If you can't get your point across in 10 posts or less, you should leave the thread. No one's opinion is that important, not even mine.
diarrhea of the gums constipation on the brain

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
It's the old "false narrative" story. I thought the "narrative" was going to change after
the Freeh Report was debunked, the Paterno's won their lawsuit against the NCAA,
Curley, Spanier and Shultz were acquitted and new BOT members were elected.
I guess you and the other cult members are still waiting for that elusive "truth" to appear.
Don't hold your breath.

You really don’t read to comprehend do you
Read the quote and try to understand it

I understand the impact Paterno had on the PSU football program and University. Legendary football coach. I guess not as big a deal to me as it is to some others. I can picture a generations of greatness video on the big screen at many institutions that have had great coaches in the past where they would show football highlights and not images of the coach. That was my point although not conveyed well. We chose to do a video history of football plays and not still shots of coaches. I’m fine with that. Does Bama put Bear in every video?

Wow, if you tried, you couldn't have possibly failed worse than you did here viz-a-vis Bama and the Bear. His name is on the freakin stadium for starters. Houndstooth hats everywhere. Statue. Picture on videos before each game. Yeah, we're the cultists. Good grief...

As John Surma said on 9-November-2011 ----- moving on from JoePa "is in the best interests of Penn State University as a whole."

Joe's name is scarred. And chances for rehabilitation are very minimal.

Surma and various BoT folk have their own issues. But they were right and remain right in terms of PSU moving forward while limiting references to the past (e.g., JoePa).

Joes name is scarred but not by the Truth ... only by those who had enough Power to create a different perception (NOT the truth)

The student athletes are the reason we have generations of greatness to celebrate. Not Joe Paterno, James franklin or anyone else. People act like he was Gepetto. All those kids deserve the credit.
it's more than just the student athletes--it's all the coaches too. They're the ones who stressed academics and the character of our student athletes--Bob Higgins, Joe Bedenk, Rip, Joe--all of them. The kids didn't act in a vacuum. They created the generations of greatness.

I wasn't at the game, but I have seen several social media posts saying Joe was omitted from the Generations of Greatness celebration.

true?
It was an entirely different video for the game and it was nice The whole throwback deal was well done It was nice seeing the cheerleaders and lionettes and all involved There were no coaches at all shown

Reactions: Nitwit
michwitvoet loves this thread. He hasn't had this much attention since before his parents stopped paying attention to him all those years ago.
I doubt he has parents.....at least other than those who are biologically responsible.

No I didn't. I know your point. You've said it all before:

(1) Jim Clemente expert, (2) michnittlion not expert, (3) michnittlion screws kids by not parroting Jim Clemente, (4) michnittlion is thus going to hell.

That's an extraordinary admission by you.

What you actually miss, is that by blaming innocent people who actually tried and did the right thing, you make it less likely for people to step forward. Even worse, you ignore what really went wrong and prevent it from being fixed. Of course, like I said, you would actually have to care about the kids to do that. You don't need to be any kind of expert to actually care about the kids.

Wow, if you tried, you couldn't have possibly failed worse than you did here viz-a-vis Bama and the Bear. His name is on the freakin stadium for starters. Houndstooth hats everywhere. Statue. Picture on videos before each game. Yeah, we're the cultists. Good grief...
The Bear was smart enough to retire when he was near the top of his game, only a couple of years removed from his last 2 back-to-back NCs. He went out in a dignified manner and didn't "coach" from the pressbox. Was actually pressured to stay longer than he wanted to stay.

One other BIG difference with BAMA is they have had 8 different coaches win conference championships, and 5 of those have won national championships. All 5 NC coaches have statues to honor them. That is generations of greatness.

It was an entirely different video for the game and it was nice The whole throwback deal was well done It was nice seeing the cheerleaders and lionettes and all involved There were no coaches at all shown

hahahahahahahahahahahaha well done .... seriously what the f### was done? people changed clothes and end zone were painted/ that was it, nothing was done. holy mother f%$#&(g shit I heard three people in front of me trying to figure out what was with the end zone? and why they wore white shoes? they had the video and more than enough tv timeouts to promote the elements that wore worn.

I wish it was laziness I wish it was, but it wasn't that, they got what was wanted, a new uniform with lip service to generations, and under the guise of honoring history. no real effort was put in. more effort is put into the team reunions and all they do is announce the names and show a 60 second highlite clip

The Bear was smart enough to retire when he was near the top of his game, only a couple of years removed from his last 2 back-to-back NCs. He went out in a dignified manner and didn't "coach" from the pressbox. Was actually pressured to stay longer than he wanted to stay.

One other BIG difference with BAMA is they have had 8 different coaches win conference championships, and 5 of those have won national championships. All 5 NC coaches have statues to honor them. That is generations of greatness.
The truth is that Bear wasn't going to coach one more game even if he wanted to right?

The picture you paint of Bryant's knowing when to retire is innacurate. The fact is, Bear had been dealing with serious cardiovascular issues for 3 years before he finally retired. His doctors told him he should retire or he would be dead. He finally listened, too late, and died barely a month after he coached his last game.

Thanks for that history lesson, douche.

Reactions: marshall23
No, you aren’t making sense.

Have you taken my advice and spoken to any experts on what JP did at the time? If you have, what did they tell you? If you haven't, I don't understand how someone so passionate about attacking him on every thread doesn't do that to back up his arguments. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you genuinely cared about the issue. Was I wrong?

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
The picture you paint of Bryant's knowing when to retire is innacurate. The fact is, Bear had been dealing with serious cardiovascular issues for 3 years before he finally retired. His doctors told him he should retire or he would be dead. He finally listened, too late, and died barely a month after he coached his last game.
He must have had the wisdom to listen, huh? Better to go out near the top of your game than to hang around past your effectiveness.

Some points on Bryant's legacy:

Was Joe awarded a Presidential Medal of Freedom? Is his name on a nationally recognized award? Has he appeared on a postage stamp?

No problem. The truth hurts when it doesn't work in your favor, eh? But all of us here just want the truth, right?

The last place I'd look for the truth is in a post of yours. For some bizarre reason, you find joy in the fact that the systematic sexual abuse of children was laid at the feet of Penn State football in general and Joe Paterno specifically, thereby ensuring valuable lessons on how to prevent a similar recurrence are lost. I can only guess that you have some connection to the truly evil people who have pushed the false narrative and part of your responsibilities is to pollute these threads with your crap to help protect the truly guilty. Your day will come, that much I'm sure of.

When Joe passed, generations of his players spoke of what he meant to them. Look at the theme of the memorial service held at BJC.

It can easily be concluded that Joe played, at best, a limited role in Penn State achieving Generations of Greatness. :confused:

Joes name is scarred but not by the Truth ... only by those who had enough Power to create a different perception (NOT the truth)

What has transpired since 2011 has proven you wrong. All of those revelations you and
those of your ilk claimed were going to appear never happened. Get over it.

When Joe passed, generations of his players spoke of what he meant to them. Look at the theme of the memorial service held at BJC.

It can easily be concluded that Joe played, at best, a limited role in Penn State achieving Generations of Greatness. :confused:

That was very unusual. Most often at funerals they choose speakers who will
bad mouth the deceased.

Reactions: michnittlion
What has transpired since 2011 has proven you wrong. All of those revelations you and
those of your ilk claimed were going to appear never happened. Get over it.

The NCAA completely dropped all sanctions and restored all of PSU's (and Paterno's) wins after only 2 years. That in and of itself is a very loud admission that the scandal was never about football. Plus you have the statement on national TV by the lead Sandusky prosecutor that there was no evidence of any Paterno-led cover up. You're simply too stupid and too immersed in your hatred to see the truth.

The last place I'd look for the truth is in a post of yours. For some bizarre reason, you find joy in the fact that the systematic sexual abuse of children was laid at the feet of Penn State football in general and Joe Paterno specifically, thereby ensuring valuable lessons on how to prevent a similar recurrence are lost. I can only guess that you have some connection to the truly evil people who have pushed the false narrative and part of your responsibilities is to pollute these threads with your crap to help protect the truly guilty. Your day will come, that much I'm sure of.

No PSU grads I know are happy that PSU is now referred to as Ped State and the butt of jokes
every time a child molester is arrested. You and other cult members aren't helping the situation
by reliving the scandal every day.

The NCAA completely dropped all sanctions and restored all of PSU's (and Paterno's) wins after only 2 years. That in and of itself is a very loud admission that the scandal was never about football. Plus you have the statement on national TV by the lead Sandusky prosecutor that there was no evidence of any Paterno-led cover up. You're simply too stupid and too immersed in your hatred to see the truth.

The scandal wasn't about football. It was about indifference.

The scandal wasn't about football. It was about indifference.

Yep, the indifference of people like you and your buddy who knew the truth about Sandusky in the early 2000s and said nothing. Wonder if your kid, who you're so worried about being offended by some anonymous dude on a message board, knows his daddy is a pedophile enabler. Sleep tight junior.

Reactions: Mixolydian
He must have had the wisdom to listen, huh? Better to go out near the top of your game than to hang around past your effectiveness.

Was Joe awarded a Presidential Medal of Freedom? Is his name on a nationally recognized award? Has he appeared on a postage stamp?
You missed the point. No surprise. Bear was a great coach, but your agenda clouds your judgment. You mention Bear was Coach of the Year 3 times. Paterno won it 5 times from his fellow coaches. Joe won Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year in 1986. What year did Bear win it? Joe does not have his name on a postage stamp, but it is on a library. I could go on, but to what point? You still think Bear retired out of wisdom. Talk to people in Alabama and get the facts. You can have the final word. I won't waste my time reading it.

Last edited:
You missed the point. No surprise. Bear was a great coach, but your agenda clouds your judgment. You mention Bear was Coach of the Year 3 times. Paterno won it 5 times from his fellow coaches. Joe won Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year in 1986. What year did Bear win it? I could go on, but to what point? You still think Bear retired out of wisdom. Talk to people in Alabama and get the facts. You can have the final word. I won't waste my time reading it.
Great, I love the final word.

What nationally recognized award bears Paterno's name? Which postage stamp bears his image? When was he awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom? He did receive the Gerald Ford award but it was revoked.

I didn't miss the point. There is no comparison between the legacy of Bear Bryant and Paterno, the Bear's legacy is huge while Joe's is in the crapper.

Yep, the indifference of people like you and your buddy who knew the truth about Sandusky in the early 2000s and said nothing. Wonder if your kid, who you're so worried about being offended by some anonymous dude on a message board, knows his daddy is a pedophile enabler. Sleep tight junior.

You are such a clueless idiot and a crybaby.

Reactions: getmyjive11
Have you taken my advice and spoken to any experts on what JP did at the time? If you have, what did they tell you? If you haven't, I don't understand how someone so passionate about attacking him on every thread doesn't do that to back up his arguments. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you genuinely cared about the issue. Was I wrong?
Oh, you were being serious about me taking the time to ask what a dead football coach did 16 years ago?

You all need to realize that Paterno was part of the group that knew of suspected CSA. The group failed, thus he failed. That is how many, many people see him in this. It’s never going to change which is why he will never get the kind of commemoration that you think he deserves.

And that is why no one takes you people seriously.

Great, I love the final word.

What nationally recognized award bears Paterno's name? Which postage stamp bears his image? When was he awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom? He did receive the Gerald Ford award but it was revoked.

I didn't miss the point. There is no comparison between the legacy of Bear Bryant and Paterno, the Bear's legacy is huge while Joe's is in the crapper.
Speaking of the crapper...you speak with experience

Reactions: Mixolydian

LOL yeah Bear knew when to retire, that's why he made sure Lee Roy Jordan was in the game for the goal line stand vs PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT