ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Did generations of greatness celebration omit Paterno??

Great, I love the final word.

What nationally recognized award bears Paterno's name? Which postage stamp bears his image? When was he awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom? He did receive the Gerald Ford award but it was revoked.

I didn't miss the point. There is no comparison between the legacy of Bear Bryant and Paterno, the Bear's legacy is huge while Joe's is in the crapper.
maybe, but still JVP was never picked up out of the gutter dead drunk with a hooker under each arm like Jerry Claiborne had to do for the Bear at the National Football coaches convention.

Reactions: denniskembala
Oh, you were being serious about me taking the time to ask what a dead football coach did 16 years ago?

You all need to realize that Paterno was part of the group that knew of suspected CSA. The group failed, thus he failed. That is how many, many people see him in this. It’s never going to change which is why he will never get the kind of commemoration that you think he deserves.

Yes I was. My interest is different than yours and others on this board I guess. So in other words you haven't. I didn't post this as a defense of anyone. I think those who are so adamant on either side of this saga need to seek out those who know and have far more experience than they have. I think most would be surprised. I could tell you what my experience is, but I am just a message board poster. Group think is rarely correct. I don't really care what many, many people think. I rarely do. I just thought you cared more about the situation than just JP. I stand corrected. I will leave you alone on this issue.

Reactions: AvgUser
Yes I was. My interest is different than yours and others on this board I guess. So in other words you haven't. I didn't post this as a defense of anyone. I think those who are so adamant on either side of this saga need to seek out those who know and have far more experience than they have. I think most would be surprised. I could tell you what my experience is, but I am just a message board poster. Group think is rarely correct. I don't really care what many, many people think. I rarely do. I just thought you cared more about the situation than just JP. I stand corrected. I will leave you alone on this issue.
I do care more about the situation which is why I have no problem saying that Paterno failed along with everyone else.

This was the video shown prior to kickoff. One Penn State coach is shown, Franklin, as he holds up the B1G Championship trophy from last season.

Note: Blue Band is featured in the video - no prior Blue Band directors shown.

note to you: there is nothing that that points to and history of what elements went into the new uniform. piss poor job. didn't see a grey facemask, didnt see white shoes, a few old clips but nothing that highlites any of the elements even though we see trim numbers and stripe

I do care more about the situation which is why I have no problem saying that Paterno failed along with everyone else.

You are being intellectually dishonest. You probably figured out that you would be hard pressed to find an expert who shares your view on the failures in this mess. Caring would be finding out. The NCAA did that and look what their new procedures are.

"The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead." Aristotle

No PSU grads I know are happy that PSU is now referred to as Ped State and the butt of jokes
every time a child molester is arrested. You and other cult members aren't helping the situation
by reliving the scandal every day.

Right, but you are helping by continually supporting the false narrative that causes those names and jokes. Seriously dude, there’s dumb and then there’s some other lower level of intelligence where you operate.

You are being intellectually dishonest. You probably figured out that you would be hard pressed to find an expert who shares your view on the failures in this mess. Caring would be finding out. The NCAA did that and look what their new procedures are.

"The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead." Aristotle
No, you are being intellectually dishonest when you pretend that Paterno did all he could do. Sad.

Right, but you are helping by continually supporting the false narrative that causes those names and jokes. Seriously dude, there’s dumb and then there’s some other lower level of intelligence where you operate.
Exactly how false are they? Yes, this wasn’t about football, but you all want to pretend that it didn’t happen or that Paterno had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: WHCANole
For you, the google search challenged, please visit these links:

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061517aaj.html
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092717aae.html

There's a video of the uniform announcment, that was first published earlier this summer, and a description of every element in the uniform.

I'm surprised you haven't taken it upon yourself to find this.

In the f$@^>g stadium on the day of the game. For people in attendance. That's tge point. To create the atmosphere. I've seen the movies.

And again you prove my point because nothing was done in the stadium just that press release that went out to everyone from the com office. Again those videos dnt show anything about how the decisions were made when the uniforms were changed during each area.

So answer me this what was the thinking behind hey lets change our beloved grey facemasks to grey year and who made the decision? who made the change and why.? Why did they wear white shoes in the 79 sugar bowl and who made the decision on that? What's the story of the trim coming back in the 80s and why? Why did the numbers come off the helmets? Do those videos answer that no it states when they were worn.

Laziness pure and simple minded yes men

Last edited:
In the f$@^>g stadium on the day of the game. For people in attendance. That's tge point. To create the atmosphere. I've seen the movies.

And again you prove my point because nothing was done in the stadium just that press release that went out to everyone from the com office. Again those videos dnt show anything about how the decisions were made when the uniforms were changed during each area.

So answer me this what was the thinking behind hey lets change our beloved grey facemasks to grey year and who made the decision? who made the change and why.? Why did they wear white shoes in the 79 sugar bowl and who made the decision on that? What's the story of the trim coming back in the 80s and why? Why did the numbers come off the helmets? Do those videos answer that no it states when they were worn.

Laziness pure and simple minded yes men
You are too mad over this. Try not to be so serious.

You are too mad over this. Try not to be so serious.
Shove your **** in a hacksaw

Edit:

I'm sorry for saying that and yes I am very angry over it because they left a lot on the table that was cool freaking s*** that I think no I know the majority of fans would have really really appreciate it I'm talking about the elements that I know the story of. I know I would have liked to known the story of the diamond endzones what great players scored in them were they in any significant gains things like that those are the cool things that they could have done and they didn't do I'm not making this up paterno thing I'm not. is he involved in some of those stories yes naturally he is but it would have been coo there's no names on the jerseys maybe over the summer Bill O'Brien could have said something about putting the names on the jersey.

The whole day presentation left a lot to be desired and was very minor league baseball amateurish that's it and I'm sorry that is sad and pathetic for if you're going to call something that generations of greatness you better freaking celebrate those generations of greatness that you are displaying on your uniform.

Last edited:
Shove your **** in a hacksaw

Edit:

I'm sorry for saying that and yes I am very angry over it because they left a lot on the table that was cool freaking s*** that I think no I know the majority of fans would have really really appreciate it I'm talking about the elements that I know the story of. I know I would have liked to known the story of the diamond endzones what great players scored in them were they in any significant gains things like that those are the cool things that they could have done and they didn't do I'm not making this up paterno thing I'm not. is he involved in some of those stories yes naturally he is but it would have been coo there's no names on the jerseys maybe over the summer Bill O'Brien could have said something about putting the names on the jersey.

The whole day presentation left a lot to be desired and was very minor league baseball amateurish that's it and I'm sorry that is sad and pathetic for if you're going to call something that generations of greatness you better freaking celebrate those generations of greatness that you are displaying on your uniform.
People learn things from social media and word of mouth. It was a fine day and a nice lead up to it.

Exactly how false are they? Yes, this wasn’t about football, but you all want to pretend that it didn’t happen or that Paterno had nothing to do with it.
Against my better judgement, i will reply to this post.

From the release of the Aaron Myers testimony, it has been proven that nothing happened that February night in the Lasch building between AM and Sandusky.

AM has stated that McQ did not see them
AM has stated that he and JS were only snapping towels.
Dranov and SrMcQ testified that what was told to them did not warrant a call to police.
MMcq Slept peacefully for 10 years until he was forced and coerced in to making false statements

Therefore, there was nothing at all that Paterno could do or should do because, as has been proven, Nothing Happened in 2001. It was not an event that involved any sexual or criminal behavior.

2001 was not about Paterno
2001 was not about football
2001 was not even about PSU
2001 was nothing more than a mirage that was used as a fulcrum for the state of PA to commit their own heinous acts.

From the release of the Aaron Myers testimony, it has been proven that nothing happened that February night in the Lasch building between AM and Sandusky.

Dranov and SrMcQ testified that what was told to them did not warrant a call to police.
MMcq Slept peacefully for 10 years until he was forced and coerced in to making false statements

Therefore, there was nothing at all that Paterno could do or should do because, as has been proven, Nothing Happened in 2001. It was not an event that involved any sexual or criminal behavior.

2001 was nothing more than a mirage that was used as a fulcrum for the state of PA to commit their own heinous acts.
You should have not posted because all that blah blah blah doesn’t change the fact that Joe failed.

You should have not posted because all that blah blah blah doesn’t change the fact that Joe failed.
Sure thing Mr Surma, or is this Ms Gamin.

The facts of the matter are so entirely different than what you choose to read and comprehend would almost be comical if it didn’t expose your demonic motives.

Last edited:

The narrative that Joe Paterno knew Jerry Sandusky was anally raping young boys and turned his back on it to protect his football program is false. Yet that is what many people believe who bought the media shitshow (handed to them by the Pa OAG and the OGBOT) without caring enough to spend 5 minutes studying the matter and using common sense.

You on the other hand believe it because you are a dolt with an agenda.

The narrative that Joe Paterno knew Jerry Sandusky was anally raping young boys and turned his back on it to protect his football program is false. Yet that is what many people believe who bought the media shitshow (handed to them by the Pa OAG and the OGBOT) without caring enough to spend 5 minutes studying the matter and using common sense.

His agenda is to do enough rimming to get a promotion. College education and doomed to producing TPS reports for the rest of his career.

Reactions: Mixolydian

He knew of suspected CSA and kicked the can down the road only to never talk about it again. At best, he didn’t care. 10 years seeing Jerry walking around and he didn’t give a shit.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
He knew of suspected CSA and kicked the can down the road only to never talk about it again. At best, he didn’t care. 10 years seeing Jerry walking around and he didn’t give a shit.

He reported it to his boss, exactly what he was supposed to do and exactly what the current guidelines prescribe 16 years later.

Your version says he was told about suspected child sexual abuse, did nothing and didn’t care or give a shit, even while the suspected perp and the witness who told him continued to “walk around” like ticking time bombs. That makes so much sense....to a blabbering dolt with an agenda.

And the sun rises in the west.

Joe did "everything he was supposed to do". Why should he go out of his way to get a child
molester off the streets? He already had "success with honor".

Reactions: getmyjive11
He reported it to his boss, exactly what he was supposed to do and exactly what the current guidelines prescribe 16 years later.

Your version says he was told about suspected child sexual abuse, did nothing and didn’t care or give a shit, even while the suspected perp and the witness who told him continued to “walk around” like ticking time bombs. That makes so much sense....to a blabbering dolt with an agenda.

It's amazing that cult members can say that Curley was Paterno's "boss"
with a straight face.

No mention of Joe. I'm fine with that.

I'm fine with you sneezing as you are about to throw up in your mouth while at that same, precise moment...chronic diarrhea hits home and is accompanied by an epileptic seizure....as you are shaking uncontrollably...you fall in to a large pile of dog $h!t that is covered with angry, smelly fire ants....

You are not welcome here...please take the giant spoon you always use to stir the pot with and promptly insert it where most of your brains reside...

I feel sorry for you michnit because posts like these probably make your day...so it makes me feel sad about how crappy your days must be to the point that "picking on the dead guy" posts are the highlight of them ....

No, you are being intellectually dishonest when you pretend that Paterno did all he could do. Sad.

He did all he "should" have. Words have meaning.

Wow, this entire post is simply not true.

Great, I love the final word.

What nationally recognized award bears Paterno's name? Which postage stamp bears his image? When was he awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom? He did receive the Gerald Ford award but it was revoked.

I didn't miss the point. There is no comparison between the legacy of Bear Bryant and Paterno, the Bear's legacy is huge while Joe's is in the crapper.

You conviniently leave out all the stuff that had Joe's name on it that were removed due to a fake scandal. B10 trophy, buildings at Nike and Brown, etc. If a fake scandal destroyed Bryant's reputation tommorow, his name would be removed from stuff too.

He did the minimum and then washed his hands of it. He didn’t care. He couldn’t care less that a guy, who he knew was suspected of molesting a child, was a free man and was working around children on a daily basis. Joe thought he did enough to cover his own ass and then he simply didn’t care what happened.

He did the minimum and then washed his hands of it. He didn’t care. He couldn’t care less that a guy, who he knew was suspected of molesting a child, was a free man and was working around children on a daily basis. Joe thought he did enough to cover his own ass and then he simply didn’t care what happened.

Time for everyone, including me, to put this stupid ass on ignore.

That is exactly what happened but the cult members either can't accept that or
make excuses for it. Even after Paterno admitted his failure to do more.

If you know a person is SUSPECTED of molesesting a child, the protocol is to report it your boss so that steps can be taken to find out whether that person actually DID molest a child. I know this because I have talked to experts on the subject. That is exactly what Joe Paterno did.

As far as whether Joe would care whether a child was being molested, I will go with a 61 year track record of doing the right thing and his own words of “if I knew he was harming children I would have stopped it right then” over what a blowhole like you thinks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT