ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Did generations of greatness celebration omit Paterno??

You are saying that Joe had NO IMPACT on Penn State being the university he is now............you my friend have some issues!
I never said no impact, just very little on academics. Thousands of professors have been here and they all have had a greater impact on academics than Paterno.

I understand the impact Paterno had on the PSU football program and University. Legendary football coach. I guess not as big a deal to me as it is to some others. I can picture a generations of greatness video on the big screen at many institutions that have had great coaches in the past where they would show football highlights and not images of the coach. That was my point although not conveyed well. We chose to do a video history of football plays and not still shots of coaches. I’m fine with that. Does Bama put Bear in every video?

I understand the impact Paterno had on the PSU football program and University. Legendary football coach. I guess not as big a deal to me as it is to some others. I can picture a generations of greatness video on the big screen at many institutions that have had great coaches in the past where they would show football highlights and not images of the coach. That was my point although not conveyed well. We chose to do a video history of football plays and not still shots of coaches. I’m fine with that. Does Bama put Bear in every video?
If it has to do with the history of Alabama football, yes. And of course, they have Bryant-Denny Stadium, a Bear Bryant Statue ( 9 feet tall) in front of the Stadium, the Paul W. Bryant Academic Center, the Bryant Residence Hall, Bryant Restaurant, Bryant Conference Center, the Paul W. Bryant Scholarship which is available to children of former players, the Paul W. Bryant Museum on campus, Paul W. Bryant Drive, just to name a few. There is much more.

The Bear dominates the Alabama Campus just as did the Colossus at Rhodes.
Bryant.jpg

The Bryant Museum.
Bryant_Museum.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the people responding to this thread help me to understand why Joe Paterno evidently had no advocates on the BOT or in the administration. Joe was too busy coaching great football teams, great players, and advocating Success With Honor and The Grand Experiment to realize how many people envied his success and virtues and worked to plot against him to satisfy their own small desires. I sure hope Franklin is taking notice of this to ensure that all his good work is not vilified in the future by small, evil people with small, evil minds.

It's almost comical to read the gymnastics some people have to draw up out of whole cloth to try to minimize Paterno's contributions to what Penn State is today. Some people (they know who they are) on this thread have truly pegged my "disgust meter." I could think of many things to call them, but "Penn State fans" is not among them.

Some of the people responding to this thread help me to understand why Joe Paterno evidently had no advocates on the BOT or in the administration. Joe was too busy coaching great football teams, great players, and advocating Success With Honor and The Grand Experiment to realize how many people envied his success and virtues and worked to plot against him to satisfy their own small desires. I sure hope Franklin is taking notice of this to ensure that all his good work is not vilified in the future by small, evil people with small, evil minds.

It's almost comical to read the gymnastics some people have to draw up out of whole cloth to try to minimize Paterno's contributions to what Penn State is today. Some people (they know who they are) on this thread have truly pegged my "disgust meter." I could think of many things to call them, but "Penn State fans" is not among them.

Poor Joe. Everyone was against him. The evil plotters from the "Deep Penn State" finally
ruined his reputation. The opinions of batshit crazy people like you are the reason that
so many call us a cult. I am a Penn State fan. You and those of your
ilk are Paterno fans.

If it has to do with the history of Alabama football, yes. And of course, they have Bryant-Denny Stadium, a Bear Bryant Statue ( 9 feet tall) in front of the Stadium, the Paul W. Bryant Academic Center, the Bryant Residence Hall, Bryant Restaurant, Bryant Conference Center, the Paul W. Bryant Scholarship which is available to children of former players, the Paul W. Bryant Museum on campus, Paul W. Bryant Drive, just to name a few. There is much more.

Bryant.jpg

The Bryant Museum.
Bryant_Museum.jpg

Alabama wouldn't exist if it weren't for Bryant.

And a "screw the kids" outlook.

Well, that's why I'm not going to the "good" afterlife after this one! As you've lectured me on!

Shoot - even I don't go pontificating as to why JoePa went to hell. That's because I have no idea what went on with his soul. That's God's business, not mine. All I care about is this world, and I don't think our University should honor him any longer. MOVE ON!

Poor Joe. Everyone was against him. The evil plotters from the "Deep Penn State" finally
ruined his reputation. The opinions of batshit crazy people like you are the reason that
ilk are Paterno fans.

You actually validate the point OL

If you read my quote you know that people in POWER who couldn’t stand that Joe had an impact on the University at large used and abused that power to create a false narrative (ie. NOT th TRUTH)

If he wouldn’t have had such an impact those same people wouldn’t have had a motive that enact revenge by abusing their power to settle personal and political jealousies.

Well, that's why I'm not going to the "good" afterlife after this one! As you've lectured me on!

Shoot - even I don't go pontificating as to why JoePa went to hell. That's because I have no idea what went on with his soul. That's God's business, not mine. All I care about is this world, and I don't think our University should honor him any longer. MOVE ON!

Read the quote Michy
Read it and understand it
He had a positive impact on this university - that is the TRUTH

Others used their POWER to create a false narrative- NOT THE TRUTH

Deal with the fact that you are supportong some pretty bad people.

Reactions: Bob78

Bryant.jpg

The Bryant Museum.
Bryant_Museum.jpg
And he wasn’t in the middle of a child sex abuse scandal either. Fair or not, it’s not an equal situation.

Read the quote Michy
Read it and understand it
He had a positive impact on this university - that is the TRUTH

Others used their POWER to create a false narrative- NOT THE TRUTH

Deal with the fact that you are supportong some pretty bad people.

As John Surma said on 9-November-2011 ----- moving on from JoePa "is in the best interests of Penn State University as a whole."

Joe's name is scarred. And chances for rehabilitation are very minimal.

Surma and various BoT folk have their own issues. But they were right and remain right in terms of PSU moving forward while limiting references to the past (e.g., JoePa).

Reactions: Osprey Lion
ilk are Paterno fans.

I'm a Penn State fan and a Joe Paterno fan. You are an idiot.

ilk are Paterno fans.

"Deep Penn State" ----- LOL.

Seriously, the overlap between "Paterno Loyalists" and "Trump Loyalists" fascinates me.

That overlap - it's also why I find it laughable when other fanbases make fun of PSU because of the "Paterno Loyalists" that are part of the PSU fanbase. "Paterno Loyalists" make me roll my eyes, but frankly if it happened at their school they'd see the exact same thing.

Looking DIRECTLY at some Buckeye fans there. Trump didn't just win Pennsylvania, he also won Ohio. Michigan too. Same sort of dynamic exists with some U-M fans and Harbaugh.

Last edited:
You actually validate the point OL

If you read my quote you know that people in POWER who couldn’t stand that Joe had an impact on the University at large used and abused that power to create a false narrative (ie. NOT th TRUTH)

If he wouldn’t have had such an impact those same people wouldn’t have had a motive that enact revenge by abusing their power to settle personal and political jealousies.

It's the old "false narrative" story. I thought the "narrative" was going to change after
the Freeh Report was debunked, the Paterno's won their lawsuit against the NCAA,
Curley, Spanier and Shultz were acquitted and new BOT members were elected.
I guess you and the other cult members are still waiting for that elusive "truth" to appear.
Don't hold your breath.

Reactions: PSU_Nut

You completely missed the point.

You completely missed the point.

No I didn't. I know your point. You've said it all before:

(1) Jim Clemente expert, (2) michnittlion not expert, (3) michnittlion screws kids by not parroting Jim Clemente, (4) michnittlion is thus going to hell.

It's the old "false narrative" story. I thought the "narrative" was going to change after
the Freeh Report was debunked, the Paterno's won their lawsuit against the NCAA,
Curley, Spanier and Shultz were acquitted and new BOT members were elected.
I guess you and the other cult members are still waiting for that elusive "truth" to appear.
Don't hold your breath.

Hold yours. Please.

Paterno the Politician. The words sound good, but he wasn't telling the truth.

Pittsburgh never had any B1G expansion support for the entirety of the 1993-2011 time period. The B1G could have invited Pitt in 2010. We didn't.

In your opinion, at the time he stated that he had no reason to be political. None.

Pitt is in the same boat as WVU, they offer nothing to the B1G that it didn't already have. TV markets is what drove the last expansion - NYC/NJ and MD.

seriously, can you Joe hating ass hats just stay off threads I start?

thanks

Fair enough. If a thread populated entirely by "Paterno Loyalists" is what you want, I'll do my part to give you what you want.

I will no longer post on threads started by TenerHallTerror.

Thus, also my last post in this thread.

does the Bear shit in the woods?

Fair enough. If a thread populated entirely by "Paterno Loyalists" is what you want, I'll do my part to give you what you want.

Fire away. I think Joe would be proud to be judged by the enemies he's made.

I will take you at your word and expect no response to this post. I give you more leeway than many here, but 20 posts in a thread by one person are too many. If you can't get your point across in 10 posts or less, you should leave the thread. No one's opinion is that important, not even mine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT