ADVERTISEMENT

Senior WT Trials Thread

is that true??..I thot WTT's were held every year so you're saying Cox cannot be de-throned for the next 3 years? That doesn't sound right.
That does not sound right to me either...Anyone have some info ? Surely the guys who won last night don't have the spots already.....The Olyp is 3 years away....Will there be other trails ?

That does not sound right to me either...Anyone have some info ? Surely the guys who won last night don't have the spots already.....The Olyp is 3 years away....Will there be other trails ?
Spyker for a guy that knows everything and has all the inside information you can sure make a person laugh and wonder are you really this bad or just stupid.

Reactions: wad57 and fronk71
Trials are annual. World and or Olympic medals places you in finals not rocket science.

Spyker for a guy that knows everything and has all the inside information you can sure make a person laugh and wonder are you really this bad or just stupid.
I AM HEARING SPYKER WILL DO ONLINE CLASSES AND SKIP HIS SENIOR YEAR !!!! JUST LIKE NICK AND JOE LEE ARE DOING !!!! NOT SURE HOW TRUE BUT A FEW PEOPLE HAVE MENTIONED IT !!!!

Nobody seems to making a big deal about the temper tantrum thrown last night. Can you imagine the outcry if Brands and Gilman did that? I guess its impossible to always have fun. Thats life!
Or, Ramos, even, when you guys still loved him. Or, McDonough throwing his medal in the trash can.

Nobody seems to making a big deal about the temper tantrum thrown last night. Can you imagine the outcry if Brands and Gilman did that? I guess its impossible to always have fun. Thats life!

Well, thankfully nobody resorted to racial slurs. I mean, other than Gilman.

Reactions: Grass
Personally, I am ashamed with the way David and Cael acted and the wrestling community deserves an apology from them. With that said anyone making ANY excuses for the aforementioned actions makes them hypocrites in my eyes. The corner should of been throwing the tantrums during the match and not after David lost the second time.

hypocrites??? that's a rediculous comment ...you must be that guy they wrote about in the Bible ...Job ...we have never seen an unsportsmanlike display from DT or Cael (unlike some other coaches and wrestlers ..where it is almost expected) ... so I think it speaks to level of frustration at the ref's (mis)management of the match. ...these are pretty high stakes for these wrestlers to have a FUBAR performance by the ref

Could you elaborate? I don't recall what you're talking about.

Interview at WTT, he referred to Higuchi (presumably) as "The Jap". Wildturk knows what I'm talking about but decided to leave his glass house to come over and throw a couple stones. I don't go over there. They don't interest me enough. But come over here and talk shit and I'll give it back.

Interview at WTT, he referred to Higuchi (presumably) as "The Jap". Wildturk knows what I'm talking about but decided to leave his glass house to come over and throw a couple stones. I don't go over there. They don't interest me enough. But come over here and talk shit and I'll give it back.
Im not talking shit my friend, im giving a different perspective. I love my Hawks as much as you do with the Lions. No different. The USA is sending a fantastic team to Paris and i will cheer and support everyone of them. What a weekend!

Reactions: minnhawkeye

About 35 seconds in. I don't necessarily think this makes Gilman a racist, more likely just an uninformed bonehead.(real shocker there).

Even though I don't think Gilman spoke with malicious intent, this is the part where I would post the link of Bill Parcells talking about "Jap plays" if I had a modicum of internet acumen. Seriously though, I swear it's (painfully) funny.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Im not talking shit my friend, im giving a different perspective. I love my Hawks as much as you do with the Lions. No different. The USA is sending a fantastic team to Paris and i will cheer and support everyone of them. What a weekend!

Sensitive subject. I've spent the better part of my adult life in Far East Martial Arts and have an Asian girlfriend. I like Tom Brands, a lot, but someone needs to pull Gilman aside at some point. I know Gilman has his schtick, but this crossed a line. That's all I'll say about it.

Sensitive subject. I've spent the better part of my adult life in Far East Martial Arts and have an Asian girlfriend. I like Tom Brands, a lot, but someone needs to pull Gilman aside at some point. I know Gilman has his schtick, but this crossed a line. That's all I'll say about it.

My wife is Asian and my kids have heard a lot of slurs over their lives. I agree, hopefully someone gets through to him or life just makes things clear.

Reactions: NittanyChris

Wow. Of all posters, for you to play the "really this bad or just stupid" card is comical..

Spyker vs you is a toss up (you win disingenuous but he kills in bullshit). Tough call...

Fair enough. I sure didn't see him using it maliciously however. You could still see the adrenaline flowing through him after finally winning that National title. Can you imagine the emotions/physical exhaustion after his day of fighting on the mat? I can't, and all but a few in this world ever will. He will learn and adjust as he goes fulltime into World Freestyle. He is surrounded by outstanding people that will support and guide him. #USA

With all due respect Turk, you talk as much shit here as I do over there. The big difference is the crew here doesn't whine like babies and harass Tom to ban you like the crew over on HR does with PSU fans. You know this. I'm not telling you anything you're not already aware of...

Reactions: ZepGraffiti
LMAO. Damn did you hit the nail on the head with that post.
  1. hmm its guys like you why I hate Penn State. If more of you could be like Roar and Goldbandger could really talk about wrestling.
I remember the year in Okl City when Evans had Perry pinned and did not get the call was with some of your fans in a bar and they said well can't leave it up to the ref...Kinda funny now isn't it Taylor should not have left it up to the ref..

With all due respect Turk, you talk as much shit here as I do over there. The big difference is the crew here doesn't whine like babies and harass Tom to ban you like the crew over on HR does with PSU fans. You know this. I'm not telling you anything you're not already aware of...
I guess if i got the ban hammer here, it would make you feel better about getting kicked at HR multiple times? I respect both programs immensely right now. Iowa and PSU are great for the sport of wrestling. Leaders of the pack all around.

Turk recently said on HR that Sandusky has nothing to do with the wrestling team -- which makes him the ONLY Hawk to push back on that smear. That should earn him at least a little grace over here.

Turk, sorry if I just made you a pariah over there ...

Turk recently said on HR that Sandusky has nothing to do with the wrestling team -- which makes him the ONLY Hawk to push back on that smear. That should earn him at least a little grace over here.

Turk, sorry if I just made you a pariah over there ...
Yes...I agree. I actually think I saw a second today call out a fellow fan for using Sandusky as their argument. And so we are clear folks....it certainly wasn't minnehawkeye. In fact, at times he's been the ringleader on that front.

Reactions: nitlion6
  1. hmm its guys like you why I hate Penn State. If more of you could be like Roar and Goldbandger could really talk about wrestling.
I remember the year in Okl City when Evans had Perry pinned and did not get the call was with some of your fans in a bar and they said well can't leave it up to the ref...Kinda funny now isn't it Taylor should not have left it up to the ref..
I hate the "can't leave it up to the ref" argument. That's what Michigan fans smugly say during football season since they have a few of those striped-shirt wearing dunderheads on retainer it seems.

And Perry was flat as a pancake

I guess if i got the ban hammer here, it would make you feel better about getting kicked at HR multiple times? I respect both programs immensely right now. Iowa and PSU are great for the sport of wrestling. Leaders of the pack all around.
Naw, I'd settle for you admitting that I do nothing different than you do here. I'd also settle for you thanking Mike Z for calling you all out for being too sensitive, childish crybabies for begging him to ban PSU fans when we say something you disagree with. That won't happen but I'd be pleased...:D

I hate the "can't leave it up to the ref" argument. That's what Michigan fans smugly say during football season since they have a few of those striped-shirt wearing dunderheads on retainer it seems.

And Perry was flat as a pancake
But that really does need to be the mindset for international wrestling. Just ask Franklin Gomez, who was more than good enough at Rio to overcome your average run of the mill Big Ten ref, but the UWW refs found a way to overcome his best.

Reactions: hlstone
Thank you Chickenman Testa, that is what I argued with them about darn Evans did his job and the ref didn't call it cause he was from Okl.
Taylor got robed last nite for sure Cox should have been put on the shot clock but we don't know maybe he would have scored but I cn't believe he would have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT