ADVERTISEMENT

Senior WT Trials Thread

Gillman was great
Zain was great
Dake/ Burroughs great
Taylor/ Cox was very wet. I don't know how someone can wrestle an elite wrestler that wet. I don't know why they did not wipe down Cox after injury..
Snyder may be the best wrestler in the world P4P.
Gwiz is fun to watch.

Its odd to me that Ramos and Gilman were so respectful of each other during and after the match. I thought they would have been a bit more like Frank and Zain who respectfully beat the snot out of each other.

Reactions: LHavenlion
Its odd to me that Ramos and Gilman were so respectful of each other during and after the match. I thought they would have been a bit more like Frank and Zain who respectfully beat the snot out of each other.
It was a classy move by Ramos. After the match, maybe he's just relieved it's all over. Was just tired of the grind and was at a good place and wanting to move on. During the match, maybe he lost the fire he previously had. Was ready to move on and the way he wrestled may have reflected that. Just speculating...

Reactions: pish69
It was a classy move by Ramos. After the match, maybe he's just relieved it's all over. Was just tired of the grind and was at a good place and wanting to move on. During the match, maybe he lost the fire he previously had. Was ready to move on and the way he wrestled may have reflected that. Just speculating...
Classy? Yes. Really enjoyed the "moment". Ramos certainly de-escalated and defused the situation by his actions. Kudos.

Reactions: slushhead
I was actually talking about myself. Lol. That I should follow the Ramos example on HR and just take the high road and keep my mouth shut instead of arguing.

Oh yeah, DonHawkey just started a Cox thread over there. If y'all get a chance check it out. Even PSU fans have to admit it's funny.

Last edited:
I was actually talking about myself. Lol. That I should follow the Ramos example on HR and just take the high road and keep my mouth shut instead of arguing.

Oh yeah, DonHawkey just started a Cox thread over there. If y'all get a chance check it out. Even PSU fans have to admit it's funny.

yeah, been alot of apples being compared to oranges the last 24 hours and talking one's own book. speaking of which I have a good book written by Carnagie. huh, can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking

Last edited:
Reactions: johnstownsteel
So just read on Flo that Cael was kicked out of the WTT's after throwing a brick and towel at the official. I thought that was funny because four years ago my oldest son was in a tourney and that SAME ref officiated my boys semi-final match. Anyway my boy was down by 3 late, and he had his opponent on his back and I thought he got 3 backs to take the match to OT. Well then they had a discussion with the scorers table and only gave him 2 backs. Man I was fired up and acted like a dumbass and stormed off the mat with my son after some choice words with him. He just stared at me and never said a thing.

So anyway we are making our way past the bleachers and someone from the scorers table runs up and says we need his ankle band which my son never removed. So I ripped it off and jogged back on to the mat and threw it at him!

I am not even making this up, me and my son see him on Flo officiating matches here and there and we joke about it. Also I know I acted like an idiot. Not proud of that moment, just funny me and Cael have something in common.

Honest question.... is there a singular form of Japanese? Because he OBVIOUSLY did not mean any disrespect. He said the Georgian (which is not offensive) and you could say the American, the Canadian, the Russian, the Egyptian, the Iranian, and so on. These are all referring to an individual at his weight in this context.

Honest question.... is there a singular form of Japanese? Because he OBVIOUSLY did not mean any disrespect. He said the Georgian (which is not offensive) and you could say the American, the Canadian, the Russian, the Egyptian, the Iranian, and so on. These are all referring to an individual at his weight in this context.

Not an expert in this area but I'm pretty sure Japanese is both the singular and the plural.

Gilman certainly meant no disrespect or ill will toward anyone with that statement. I'm am very sick of the soft, easily offended crap our country seems to embrace. I have thrown smack toward Gilman more than once, but he just shut me and everyone else up Sat. and I can only stand and cheer for the young man. He went out and dominated an amazing string of guys and proved he belongs on the world team. I'm guessing he won't use that word in anymore interviews, but good lord the weak knee wimps have taken over our world. I am so offended when people are offended.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Gilman certainly meant no disrespect or ill will toward anyone with that statement. I'm am very sick of the soft, easily offended crap our country seems to embrace. I have thrown smack toward Gilman more than once, but he just shut me and everyone else up Sat. and I can only stand and cheer for the young man. He went out and dominated an amazing string of guys and proved he belongs on the world team. I'm guessing he won't use that word in anymore interviews, but good lord the weak knee wimps have taken over our world. I am so offended when people are offended.

It's a racial slur that the kid used in interviews twice. It's been corrected. He apologized. Done deal. I can assure you my knees and chin have been checked repeatedly over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigFreddy
Gillman was great
Zain was great
Dake/ Burroughs great
Taylor/ Cox was very wet. I don't know how someone can wrestle an elite wrestler that wet. I don't know why they did not wipe down Cox after injury..
Snyder may be the best wrestler in the world P4P.
Gwiz is fun to watch.

We shall see about Snyder.... Sadulaev's move to 97kg might answer that question. With both of these guys in their early 20s, this could be the type of ongoing rivalry that brings more attention to the international freestyle scene. Exciting times!

Reactions: hlstone
We shall see about Snyder.... Sadulaev's move to 97kg might answer that question. With both of these guys in their early 20s, this could be the type of ongoing rivalry that brings more attention to the international freestyle scene. Exciting times!
true. I was referring from our domestic team. Who will be the next US wrestler to truly challenge him? Guess it is a depth question. Gadsen hasn't had a lot of international success.

true. I was referring from our domestic team. Who will be the next US wrestler to truly challenge him? Guess it is a depth question. Gadsen hasn't had a lot of international success.

I was quoting hlstone, in response to his Snyder best in world P4P comment... He could be, and the Snyder / Sadulaev bouts alone will be worth the price of admission.

Reactions: hlstone
Tossed what in the trash ? I missed that...Holly crap he is very tough to root for,,,I will root for him anyway if he wins the spot in 2020 but it's very tough....
you are going to root for McDonough in 2020? Because he tossed his medal in the trash? I guess you will have as much of a chance to watch McD wrestle as you do anyone else.

you are going to root for McDonough in 2020? Because he tossed his medal in the trash? I guess you will have as much of a chance to watch McD wrestle as you do anyone else.

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet spyker I clueless about pretty much everything EXCEPT he knows EVERYTHING that goes on in the PSU practice room. :rolleyes:

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet spyker I clueless about pretty much everything EXCEPT he knows EVERYTHING that goes on in the PSU practice room. :rolleyes:
my Polack/Czech wife was introduced to freestyle wrestling in 1986, and by the end of the first tournament she knew more than Spyker has accumulated through his life. I guess it is tough to accumulate wrestling knowledge when you go to a hockey game and think you are at a wrestling match....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT