ADVERTISEMENT

Senior WT Trials Thread

That was disappointing. Not sure what Cael and DT are upset about but I'd be upset that they were wrestling on an ice rink and didn't do a thing about it.

i think they got red carded

That was such a David Taylor way to lose. Crumbled under pressure when he realized he had to wrestle a one-legged man.
Cox won by playing Possom....May have teeked his knee but there was nothing wrong after he started....DT will crush him and be the USA rep...Bet on it....He slacked off when he though Cox was hurt....Cox know to just play possum....DT should have known that was the only way Cox could have won....DT will be fine going forward and win the sport.....

Cox nearly slid completely off the mat in retreat and was never cautioned or put on the clock. Ridiculous.

Taylor was exhausted from wrestling all day. Cox is a hell of a man for finishing. Thought the reffing was poor like alot of freestyle matches. Didn't think it was a TD at end of first and no shot clock in 2nd round was ridiculous

Reactions: fronk71
i think they were upset about the moisture on the mat. DT slide out of bounds from the sweat more than what J'Den did. I can understand DT's frustration, been close so many times. Don't necessary agree with it, but understand.

i think they were upset about the moisture on the mat. DT slide out of bounds from the sweat more than what J'Den did. I can understand DT's frustration, been close so many times. Don't necessary agree with it, but understand.
No biggie....Cox knows DT is the better wrestler.....He needed to find a way by faking an injury and getting a time out.....DT will be fine....Cox knows deep down he is NOT the better wrestler....

I think they may have also been looking for a caution and 2 toward the end there, when Cox was nonstop in reverse.

No biggie....Cox knows DT is the better wrestler.....He needed to find a way by faking an injury and getting a time out.....DT will be fine....Cox knows deep down he is NOT the better wrestler....
"Faking an injury?" I doubt he was faking and would not be surprised if he can't go at Worlds. DT might end up being the U.S. rep anyway. Cox' knee was hyper-extended on DT's TD finish. Cox could have very well torn something there.

Reactions: fronk71
That was such a David Taylor way to lose. Crumbled under pressure when he realized he had to wrestle a one-legged man.
Race to the bottom.

"Faking an injury?" I doubt he was faking and would not be surprised if he can't go at Worlds. DT might end up being the U.S. rep anyway. Cox' knee was hyper-extended on DT's TD finish. Cox could have very well torn something there.
Do you want to bet ? Cox had to come up with something to slow the match down....He is fine and i know it,,,,DT fell right into the trap and slowed down his offense....Cox knew exactly what he was doing....He did that against Morgan 1 match in college too....

It was obvious the refs allowed Cox to run for over 2 minutes because they thought he had really hurt himself,...It seemed like he was very strong when the wrestling was happening and only looked hurt in between whistles. (Edit-and he did not fake anything..the vide clearly showed he at the very least hyperextended it...I am sure he was scared to death when it happened and was surprised when he put weight on it that it was not nearly as bad as originally thought)) That being said, Cox is a hellava wrestler and classy kid. Its ashame they let the last 2 minutes to play out with Taylor having to chase him all over the mat but Cox was beating him for the previous 3 periods. Taylor needs to get to those ankle picks like he was in match 1.

Last edited:
Good luck to Zain. Kid is tough as nails. Takes Franks dome right to his face and doesn't blink. Will be a great rep for years to come.

Reactions: diggerpup
It was obvious the refs allowed Cox to run for over 2 minutes because they thought he had really hurt himself,...It seemed like he was very strong when the wrestling was happening and only looked hurt in between whistles. That being said, Cox is a hellava wrestler and classy kid. Its ashame they let the last 2 minutes to play out with Taylor having to chase him all over the mat but Cox was beating him for the previous 3 periods. Taylor needs to get to those ankle picks like he was in match 1.
Good post manmyth...The ref THOUGHT he was hurt and that's exactly what Cox needed not to be called for anything so he could run,,,,.Cox knew he could not win straight up so used the fake injury to win the match....I was saying the whole time there is nothing the matter with him....This is a ploy and the Ref and DT fell for it,,,,DT did not stay on his offense after the fake injury.....I like Cox but that was dirty and his only chance....

Good post manmyth...The ref THOUGHT he was hurt and that's exactly what Cox needed not to be called for anything so he could run,,,,.Cox knew he could not win straight up so used the fake injury to win the match....I was saying the whole time there is nothing the matter with him....This is a ploy and the Ref and DT fell for it,,,,DT did not stay on his offense after the fake injury.....I like Cox but that was dirty and his only chance....
I do not agree with you that he faked anything. It is obvious he at least hyperextended it and when it happened he probably thought it was major. He probably was surprised as hell that when he put weight on it that it was not nearly as bad as he thought...Faking it is not fair...embellishing it in between whistles to slow the pace and continue his run strategy is fair to say in my opinion. EDIT--And that is something any wrestler would have done in my opinion...he was hurt and fought through it..he is a champion and deserves respect!!!!

Do you want to bet ? Cox had to come up with something to slow the match down....He is fine and i know it,,,,DT fell right into the trap and slowed down his offense....Cox knew exactly what he was doing....He did that against Morgan 1 match in college too....
Ugly. This board should be above such dreck.
Should be, but he's a paying customer so for $10 a month he can apparently do whatever he wants

Quit typing stupid crap. We all know you love PSU and that's completely fine because this is your board but there's a difference between supporting your guy and acting like a jack***

That really was a great day of wrestling! You can't overestimate the advantage of the bye which makes Zains win that much more special

I found out just how bad of a sport I really am, tonight.

That Cox/Taylor match left a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Cox won it, though. Gotta congratulate him. All of the finals were a great show and spectacle, but **** that match.

Quit typing stupid crap. We all know you love PSU and that's completely fine because this is your board but there's a difference between supporting your guy and acting like a jack***
Acting? Between smearing Jordan Oliver and smearing J'Den Cox, this has been a revealing week for those who weren't aware of Spyker's history.

I don't know how injured he is, but here he is on crutches for the team photo. Anyway. He wasn't faking being injured, unless the crutches are just a prop to deceive. I refuse to believe that. I respect him. He's a warrior.

DCAopIgUIAEcNCc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GEEKMEDIC
NOw it's probably...information already known to most of you but besides being the representative In Paris, where does Zain and 3rd place Nolf train, will this effect and of the college year? Is this now a commitment like Kyle Snyder has where he seems to miss half a college season? Any answers or information or links will be appreciated...

Go Zain and team USA
I don't know how injured he is, but here he is on crutches for the team photo. Anyway. He wasn't faking being injured, unless the crutches are just a prop to deceive. I I refuse to believe that. I respect him. He's a warrior.

DCAopIgUIAEcNCc.jpg
USA..USA. USA....like it or not this is our new world team! I congratulate all of them. Take a day or two then get behind Team USA! Personally, I'll need a week to get over the David Taylor match , I mean did you see Jayden on his knees just slidding across the mat. ANYWAY....would have been nice seeing a few more Penn State guys....but go back to routing for Team USA!

That was highway robbery and I may never get over it. The Dake and Taylor losses that is. I am absolutely devastated.

I may be (aka definitely) in the minority but I really hope both retire and go full time into coaching. I know they both want to continue competing but it just seems as if it's not in the cards for them to make a team. I can't bear to watch their losses anymore when I feel they are both world medalists. It hurts me. It is a shame refs have so much power or they would have both been on the team this year.

I have no problem with DT's response and I am happy he voiced his displeasure with absolute atrocious ref'ing.

Reactions: Gebmo and PSU James
Thought the Taylor /Cox match was pathetic. Not a warning , no clock , should have been caution and 2. Color me skeptical on that injury. He went from can't walk , to athletically bouncing around the mat , back to can't walk multiple times. Willie tweeted earlier that he is fine. Look to the Suriano match to see what a Wrestler with a serious injury looks like. USAW needs to fix the ref problem

Thought the Taylor /Cox match was pathetic. Not a warning , no clock , should have been caution and 2. Color me skeptical on that injury. He went from can't walk , to athletically bouncing around the mat , back to can't walk multiple times. Willie tweeted earlier that he is fine. Look to the Suriano match to see what a Wrestler with a serious injury looks like. USAW needs to fix the ref problem

He is on crutches pretty clearly in ths photo above. Who is he trying to fool?

It's why I can't get too invested in freestyle. The only certainty is that someone is going to end up feeling hosed. And they give the top guy too much of an advantage. The best of 3 should be AT LEAST the next day. Best of 3 takes away the punchers chance upset. Not to mention the top guy is excused from the tournament.
Make a guy wrestle a whole tournament then wrestle the presumed best wrestler in the country best of three the same day? Absurd. And yeah, yeah, I know, Gilman and Zain overcame, it's harder for a large man to reboot over and over in the same day. Any 180 lb men win the Tour De France lately? They find new and creative ways to **** up a great sport. Compare the amount of controversy in the NCAA tournament to ANY freestyle tournament. There's an exponential difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT