ADVERTISEMENT

Season Tickets

BRETTPSU

Sep 18, 2002
Just realized it's less than 2 weeks till the first match and I don't have my season tickets. Are they mailing them out or are we to just print them off from our NLC account? Maybe this has been discussed already kinda like when does the schedule come out:)

Thanks Roar. I'm sure it was discussed here before but I must've missed it.

Is this all sports or just wrestling? Still got tickets for hockey and volleyball.
This is posted by Penn State...

"Print at Home PDF tickets will no longer be issued or accepted for entry for all Penn State Athletics events at Pegula Ice Arena, Bryce Jordan Center, and Rec Hall. Print at Home PDF tickets will still be issued and accepted for entry at Beaver Stadium for the 2018 Football season."

Not sure what to say. If I hear more from the ticket office, it will be posted here. Same for anyone else that gets information.

So I guess the only way is via phone app or visiting the ticket office the day of the event. Can no longer print tickets at home. Nice

The ticket office is in the process of mailing the tickets and they will arrive via UPS.
Thanks.

Must only be for, as it says, "print at home PDF tickets". I have a few clarifying questions in to the ticket office, though this seems most likely.

My bad, if I misled anyone.

P.S., posted this about the same time as Bob Anderson's post, just above.

I think the electronic only applies if you purchase from ticket exchange you will NOT be able to print at home but have to use electronic ticketing..

Print-at-home tickets are susceptible to fraud, since multiple, indistinguishable copies can be printed at home. The arenas typically have systems that update in real-time so that once someone enters with that ticket, copies are automatically rejected. But that doesn't stop people/scalpers from attempting to fraudulently sell those print-at-home tickets, which is why you should never buy one in front of the arena. And occasionally the arena's network could be down and not update in real-time, allowing multiple people to enter with the same seat.

I like the Flashseats system that the Cleveland Cav's use and were used for last years NCAAs. Not sure if it is true, but I heard the Cav's owner owns/had the app created for the purpose of filling the arena. Thus the app made it very easy to transfer tickets for those not attending the game. Owner appears more into having people show then the $$ for ticket handling and transfer!
I will admit, I was very nervous the first day waiting in line with my tickets on my iphone/app! Funny story.... was talking to someone (Don't think it was N.Lee's uncle) who said their Iphone either cracked or died and some panic set in. The security folks took him into customer service and confirmed seat!

Received a UPS notification today that tickets will be delivered tomorrow.

Received a similar notification saying they were being shipped by UPS Next Day Air, but not that they had been actually shipped yet. Don't know why they would wait so long that they need to ship via Air.

Received a similar notification saying they were being shipped by UPS Next Day Air, but not that they had been actually shipped yet. Don't know why they would wait so long that they need to ship via Air.

I received the PSU email and a UPS email. Tickets should arrive today.

How much extra would it cost them to next day air all of them.....20K,30K? Just stupid to spend that much money when it should've been done a week ago.

Just curious: what do they cost you PSU fans? UNI's jumped up a lot this year to $49.
$150: $18/ea except for $22 for the one dual in the big arena (Bryce Jordan Center).

Of course, to actually get on the list to get season tickets may cost a good deal more--I haven't had the need, so maybe others can chime in.

Left VA week ago to enjoy a little hunting in ND. Headed over to State College next week to get some Whisky (FB) and Kent St. Tickets coming to the farm in VA via UPS this week. I know PSU finalizes the schedule late, but, couldn’t the ticket office use some of their vaunted computer power to push the tickets out in early October. Oh well ... I’ve figured out the electronic tickets which is a minor miracle for an old farmer (PSU 70’). I set the bitch aside as I’m stoked for Bo & Co.

Reactions: amattaro
Got a bonus w/ my 2 season tickets. 4 others belonging to someone else. Called ticket office and got request to mail back. Another downside of late process of sending tickets. Haste makes waste. Ticket office waited to last minute to send hockey and vball tickets as well. Seems organization improvements needed.

Also, IOWA season tickets are $70 ... reserved ----

PSU prices are getting out of control

DEMAND shouldn't mean price gouge ... that jump from $7 per match to $18 just 3 years ago is ridiculous

PSU Wrestling is far and away the best value ticket! FB tix are stratospheric. B-ball is just too meh! Check the spreads (face to on-line) and consider the product put on the field/court/mat. Hell .... we’re getting a Vette for the price of a Yugo

Last edited:

DEMAND shouldn't mean price gouge ... that jump from $7 per match to $18 just 3 years ago is ridiculous

Completely and totally DISAGREE. The fact that there is a waiting list for season tickets means they are UNDERPRICED.

Ridiculous, yeah! You whining about eleven bucks?
o_O

watch

Last edited:
Completely and totally DISAGREE. The fact that there is a waiting list for season tickets means they are UNDERPRICED.

Absolutely.

As far as Im concerned, Im still getting more than my monies worth just from the tO$U match last year.

PSU wrestling is the gift that keeps giving and those boys deserve all that we can reasonably give for the experience of watching them in person.

Reactions: nitlion6

PSU wrestling is the gift that keeps giving and those boys deserve all that we can reasonably give for the experience of watching them in person.

But, do the “Boys” get the additional money, or does it just go into a general fund and get carved out pretty much the same as it would have been anyway?

I see all sides. It's a blue collar sport that's very successful of late. The inevitable side of this are the economics. Whether looking at the big picture (PSU Athletics), or just the Wrestling piece, money is part of the discussion. The 2017 Financial Report (public), published this past January, shows Wrestling in the red a lot more than I believe folks realize. Football carries almost all sports, but I'm sure those "other" sports all have an effort to minimize the red numbers.

Knowing the answer, would we rather have Cael, Cody, and Casey in our corner while competing for National Championships, or the alternative? The ticket prices would be much lower without the aspects of this program that I'm thankful and grateful for each and every day.

Reactions: nitlion6
But, do the “Boys” get the additional money, or does it just go into a general fund and get carved out pretty much the same as it would have been anyway?
the "boys" are running at about a $750k deficit per year, so a few extra dollars per season ticket isn't going to change much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT