ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth and Davis on Spike

ed with a go behind, gets the leg in and now going for submission of some kind
hahaha went far side cradle and goes over the side now on top and pounding to the face

Reactions: diggerpup
ruuuuuth landing some blows to the face, but they work to their feet

ed goes double to single but gets head trapped on way down. gives some rib shots and that is hhow the first pd ends

he took a couple rights to the face in the last min before the td but otherwise the round was all him.

cael talking about wrestling being a major part of mma....

phil has his guy up on wall, couple of knees and a lot positioning and throws him by. trys for a leg lock and no go with that.

back to fence and more knees to the body. now they break and some striking.

phil misses with hard head kicks 1:30 to go. phil takes a hard left hook but recovers and then takes another left to the face.

breaks eds balls about not winning a piaa title, cael says he would have if he had wrestled here his senior year

30 secs to go....lots of striking and pd 1 is over

announcers give rnd 1 to phil

fight stopped for eye poke after restart

after restart

phil taking some shots, goes double overs but they brake

lots of striking, swing and misses, now up on fence, knees to body

break and swings, misses and back on fence in clinch with knees to body

40 secs to go

nice left by phil and another jab w left. round ends

phils round i think

3rd and final coming

cael says "generally speaking you want to bury him"...but if the boss says entertain the crowd, entertain the crowd"

phil with more strikes, now kicking, now in clinch on fence getting knees to face and body

phil getting a few more shots in....tries a few takedowns but slides off

2 min to go

nice left by phil stuns him and into clinch on fence knees to body

1 min to go
phil in control other guy has heavy legs and battered face

20 secs to go
phil just pounding

10 to go
and i think it should be phil by unanimous dec

other guys face is beaten up. phil looks wonderful

Love it. I am in the minority on NCAA wrestling boards, but I much prefer MMA to Freestyle wrestling. I would rather see guys do what Ruth is doing than chase world medals. I really can't get myself to watch Freestyle and especially not Greco. I find it about as exciting as the ribbon twirling. Crop is going to come on here and roast me good for this, but it just how it is for me.

Last edited:
Ruth looked tremendous, his striking (punch and kicks) really impressive. Wasn't sure he'd be that far ahead this soon, looks really good.

Phil is a tough nut, really conditioned well. Striking power needs some improvement but he fought a really tough guy and proved that a good wrestler can counter against jujutsu or judo guy w/o wearing a gi and with wrist locks not permitted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT