ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers well positioned for success in 2017

I read a lot of posts putting down the Rutgers fan base (maybe deserved re: PSU), but when they were ranked #18 and Kent State beat them at RU's Homecoming, the fans were very nice to talk to, post-game. Gave full credit to Kent State's players and coaches. Good luck in 2017, Rutgers.
I guess you didn't attend the PSU Game a few years ago in Pisscataway - yeah great fan base and ask one of them what they cheer at every game even when not playing PSU (F*** PSU) classy bunch right there.

rutgersal, I am, with rare exceptions, on a board break until after the Pitt game because too many posts of late have made me cranky. I figure a couple of weeks away, and lots of prune juice, will get me back to normal. Anyway, a friend of mine who watches the board but does not post told me of your thread and I had to respond. I must say, rutgersal, you set your sights far too low. I am looking for a breakout season for your Rutgers team. In fact, I expect only 1 loss, to Penn State, by 7 points or less. I think that one loss will cost you the BigTen title, but you will be in a New Years Day bowl against Clemson and will finish in the top 5. Here's to you and your magnificent Scarlet Knights!
menschen-0139.gif

And if Rutgers does indeed have a season for the ages, Fairgambit will comp each and every member of that team with a commemorative expensive crappy jersey.

We've got enough talent to WIN the Big Ten, though I think we'll end up with 7 Wins, as we won't be able to execute on a level of a Penn State or Ohio State, though I like our chances to HAMMER Michigan, especially after last years monstrosity.
  • Jerry Kill, former Minnesota HC, is our OC, and has designed an offensive juggernaut
  • Kyle Bolin is the QB, and seems poised to throw for 3K+ Yards
  • Kemoko Turay, who reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul, has returned from injury and is back to 100%. He should be one of the best ends in college football
  • Heisman Candidate Janarion Grant has returned from injury, and is thankfully back to 100%. He is the best Kick Returner in the country, and should have a big year as a wide receiver as well
  • The WR corp adds a plethora of Jersey Speed, with incoming wide receivers Everett Wormley, who reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett of USC, Bo Melton, who reminds me of Sammy Watkins, and Hunter Hayek, who reminds me of Hunter Renfrow
  • The Tight End is Jerome Washington, who reminds me of Miami First Round Pick David Njoku
  • Raheem Blackshear is an All Purpose Player who reminds me of Reggie Bush
  • Unlike prior seasons, the Offensive and Defensive Lines are now Big Ten Competitive
  • The Linebackers are lead by Butkus award candidate Deonte Roberts
  • The secondary, which could be the best in the country, is led by outstanding All American Candidate cover corner Blessaun Austin

No team has added as much incremental talent as Rutgers. After a productive offseason, Rutgers is poised to do big things, size of which will depend on our ability to execute. The talent is there, the depth is there, the coaching is there, now its time for the team to make it happen! We find out right away, with Washington coming to town tomorrow, so there's nowhere to run. College Football Beware!

You go, girl !!!

We've got enough talent to WIN the Big Ten, though I think we'll end up with 7 Wins, as we won't be able to execute on a level of a Penn State or Ohio State, though I like our chances to HAMMER Michigan, especially after last years monstrosity.
  • Jerry Kill, former Minnesota HC, is our OC, and has designed an offensive juggernaut
  • Kemoko Turay, who reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul, has returned from injury and is back to 100%. He should be one of the best ends in college football
  • Heisman Candidate Janarion Grant has returned from injury, and is thankfully back to 100%. He is the best Kick Returner in the country, and should have a big year as a wide receiver as well
  • The WR corp adds a plethora of Jersey Speed, with incoming wide receivers Everett Wormley, who reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett of USC, Bo Melton, who reminds me of Sammy Watkins, and Hunter Hayek, who reminds me of Hunter Renfrow
  • The Tight End is Jerome Washington, who reminds me of Miami First Round Pick David Njoku
  • Unlike prior seasons, the Offensive and Defensive Lines are now Big Ten Competitive
  • The secondary, which could be the best in the country, is led by outstanding All American Candidate cover corner Blessaun Austin

No team has added as much incremental talent as Rutgers. After a productive offseason, Rutgers is poised to do big things, size of which will depend on our ability to execute. The talent is there, the depth is there, the coaching is there, now its time for the team to make it happen! We find out right away, with Washington coming to town tomorrow, so there's nowhere to run. College Football Beware!

Love Al, nothing wrong with living a "glass half full" life!

Often wrong, never in doubt.....

I had to click {like} out of shear amusement!

Oh my

The only thing Buttgers is well-positioned for is continued servicing at the hands of the rest of the conference.

And Washington.

tenor.gif

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

tenor.gif

mj-laughing.gif

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
And if Rutgers does indeed have a season for the ages, Fairgambit will comp each and every member of that team with a commemorative expensive crappy jersey.
Comps? From Gambit Worldwide Galactical Enterprises? That would not fit my business model. I believe if you give someone a poor quality jersey, he will throw it out, but if you charge him in excess, he will bitch-brag about it to his friends for years ("Percy, you won't believe how much I paid for this crappy jersey.") and they will want to pay even more to outdo him ("Ah Whitaker, but my jersey is even worse and I paid twice what you paid."). The point is, in deference to our GREAT RIVALS, I would be willing to quadruple the price of my crappiest jerseys for all Rutgers alums. Details later.:)

Al,
As I recall, your were similarly over the moon in 2014 when Ralph Friedgen, offensive guru, was named offensive coordinator. (Ralph had won most every coach of they year award in 2001.) I don't recall that Rutgers covered itself in glory during the 2014-2015 seasons.
So now, Jerry Kill era is going to be even better?

261j0iw.jpg

"I like our chances to HAMMER Michigan . . ."

From your lips to the football gods ears. I'll certainly be pulling for Rutgers that day.

I'm calling for Rutgers to upset the Huskies Friday night prime time. This is an obvious trap game with Washington looking ahead to Montana. It's also an 8:00PM Eastern time kickoff. If I'm calculating my timezones correctly, that makes it a 4:00AM kickoff for the Huskies give or take. Look for the Huskies to wilt under the Knight lights of New Brunswick.

Rutgers 8 - Washington 7

Not sure about the Knight lights, but the smog might get them!

Reactions: nittany dave

Hilarious!

Every guy on the Rut team reminds Al of somebody, most of whom we also have not heard of. Mostly, they remind me of...Rutgers.

He seems to allow the possibility that Rut won't win the MNC. Otherwise he is the most relentlessly, wildly optimistic sports fan I have ever seen. As a fan, he "reminds me" of the little kid who got a stocking full of horseshit for Xmas, and digs thru it because "there has to be a pony in here somewhere."

Does there ever come a day, six losses into a 9 Loss season, when he begins to quietly admit the truth to himself?

Might be the most awkward post I ever seen on this board from a opposing fan.
Rutgers win the BIG?
Rutgers Heismen candidate?
Rutgers crush Michigan?

I'm calling for Rutgers to upset the Huskies Friday night prime time. This is an obvious trap game with Washington looking ahead to Montana. It's also an 8:00PM Eastern time kickoff. If I'm calculating my timezones correctly, that makes it a 4:00AM kickoff for the Huskies give or take. Look for the Huskies to wilt under the Knight lights of New Brunswick.

Rutgers 8 - Washington 7
8pm EST is 5pm Pacific time

You forgot to mention the STD hot tub - got that going for ya ;) too.

By chance, do you work for Trump?

Reactions: demlion
15 minutes from now Rutgers march toward a national championship begins. Does Washington even stand a chance??

:eek:

ok It's beginning of 4th quarter. Here are the fun stats: (Al's statements in parentheses) up to now stats after
Bolin (3k yards this year) 16/23 for 88 yds 1 td 1 int
Grant (Heisman candidate) rush 1-0 rec. 3-20 k return 3-50 p return 1-2
Wormley (Jarrett like) rec. 0-0
Melton (Watkins like) rec. 0-0
Hayek (Renfrow like) rec. 0-0
Washington ( Njoku like) rec. 3-13

Al's a genius at prediction

Reactions: Sproul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT