ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers well positioned for success in 2017

rutgersal

Jun 7, 2001
We've got enough talent to WIN the Big Ten, though I think we'll end up with 7 Wins, as we won't be able to execute on a level of a Penn State or Ohio State, though I like our chances to HAMMER Michigan, especially after last years monstrosity.
  • Jerry Kill, former Minnesota HC, is our OC, and has designed an offensive juggernaut
  • Kyle Bolin is the QB, and seems poised to throw for 3K+ Yards
  • Kemoko Turay, who reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul, has returned from injury and is back to 100%. He should be one of the best ends in college football
  • Heisman Candidate Janarion Grant has returned from injury, and is thankfully back to 100%. He is the best Kick Returner in the country, and should have a big year as a wide receiver as well
  • The WR corp adds a plethora of Jersey Speed, with incoming wide receivers Everett Wormley, who reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett of USC, Bo Melton, who reminds me of Sammy Watkins, and Hunter Hayek, who reminds me of Hunter Renfrow
  • The Tight End is Jerome Washington, who reminds me of Miami First Round Pick David Njoku
  • Raheem Blackshear is an All Purpose Player who reminds me of Reggie Bush
  • Unlike prior seasons, the Offensive and Defensive Lines are now Big Ten Competitive
  • The Linebackers are lead by Butkus award candidate Deonte Roberts
  • The secondary, which could be the best in the country, is led by outstanding All American Candidate cover corner Blessaun Austin

No team has added as much incremental talent as Rutgers. After a productive offseason, Rutgers is poised to do big things, size of which will depend on our ability to execute. The talent is there, the depth is there, the coaching is there, now its time for the team to make it happen! We find out right away, with Washington coming to town tomorrow, so there's nowhere to run. College Football Beware!

We've got enough talent to WIN the Big Ten, though I think we'll end up with 7 Wins, as we won't be able to execute on a level of a Penn State or Ohio State, though I like our chances to HAMMER Michigan, especially after last years monstrosity.
  • Jerry Kill, former Minnesota HC, is our OC, and has designed an offensive juggernaut
  • Kemoko Turay, who reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul, has returned from injury and is back to 100%. He should be one of the best ends in college football
  • Heisman Candidate Janarion Grant has returned from injury, and is thankfully back to 100%. He is the best Kick Returner in the country, and should have a big year as a wide receiver as well
  • The WR corp adds a plethora of Jersey Speed, with incoming wide receivers Everett Wormley, who reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett of USC, Bo Melton, who reminds me of Sammy Watkins, and Hunter Hayek, who reminds me of Hunter Renfrow
  • The Tight End is Jerome Washington, who reminds me of Miami First Round Pick David Njoku
  • Unlike prior seasons, the Offensive and Defensive Lines are now Big Ten Competitive
  • The secondary, which could be the best in the country, is led by outstanding All American Candidate cover corner Blessaun Austin

No team has added as much incremental talent as Rutgers. After a productive offseason, Rutgers is poised to do big things, size of which will depend on our ability to execute. The talent is there, the depth is there, the coaching is there, now its time for the team to make it happen! We find out right away, with Washington coming to town tomorrow, so there's nowhere to run. College Football Beware!
Hahaha.

Reactions: rutgersal

Don't ever change Al!!! ;)

I think there is a reason why you only have 81 likes! Very disturbing the way you make up complete dreams and turn them into "your" reality.

giphy.gif

If you consider success as scoring a point in the Big10, then I would say there is a chance at success this year.

rutgersal, I am, with rare exceptions, on a board break until after the Pitt game because too many posts of late have made me cranky. I figure a couple of weeks away, and lots of prune juice, will get me back to normal. Anyway, a friend of mine who watches the board but does not post told me of your thread and I had to respond. I must say, rutgersal, you set your sights far too low. I am looking for a breakout season for your Rutgers team. In fact, I expect only 1 loss, to Penn State, by 7 points or less. I think that one loss will cost you the BigTen title, but you will be in a New Years Day bowl against Clemson and will finish in the top 5. Here's to you and your magnificent Scarlet Knights!
menschen-0139.gif

This is satire right?

No, it's what every self-respecting football fan SHOULD be doing in August. It's anticipating a great season for his team. Everybody's still undefeated, everybody's got great players, preseason practice augurs great things. Everybody can dream in August. Reality hits in September/October. For some, reality will hit Saturday. But right now things are great.

Welcome back, Al.
You must be excited to be just a day away from the first huge upset of the season, right there in Piscataway! I'm just not sure which outcome will be the REAL upset, though. If Washington lucks one out, we know from you that that is the real upset. If RU wins and the college football world explodes in wide wonder, well, you for one will know that the masses are simply ill-informed. You've already won either way, as I see it.

Given all that comes to pass, could be that Chris Ash is honored as National Coach of the Year, and will be wooed and hired away to another program. A high-level program, who had a coach who just could not lead them back to their glory years as hoped. But probably not in the B1G, of course. He would probably take Jerry Kill with him. Perhaps Pitt? Or Tennessee?

Who will coach the team in the Pinstr.... errrr.... Cotton Bowl?

And hey, good luck to the next Coach up!
RU 2018:
A. reload or
B. rebuild or
C. re-read the instruction manual and find homes for the extra parts strewn around the living room floor.

The only thing well positioned at Rutgers are the hot tubs they just installed at the stadium. Once Washington is up by 30+ in the 3rd quarter the camera can focus on the drunk students puking in the hot tubs over the fact that the football team blows again.

3-9...but if things fall well and the ball bounces in all the right directions in every game, 4-8.

So I'll go out on a limb with you and predict a Kansas - Rutgers national title football game.

The journey starts tonight.....just be nice to the guys that come help you begin your journey (the guys in the white coats), they are your friends and want you to have a safe journey.

Al, your prediction this morning is somewhat more daring than my 10-2 PSU prediction going into last fall.

Keep dreaming.....sometimes dreams come true, but be aware that there are often vivid nightmares on each side of the yellow brick road!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sharkies
I'm calling for Rutgers to upset the Huskies Friday night prime time. This is an obvious trap game with Washington looking ahead to Montana. It's also an 8:00PM Eastern time kickoff. If I'm calculating my timezones correctly, that makes it a 4:00AM kickoff for the Huskies give or take. Look for the Huskies to wilt under the Knight lights of New Brunswick.

Rutgers 8 - Washington 7

I'm calling for Rutgers to upset the Huskies Friday night prime time. This is an obvious trap game with Washington looking ahead to Montana. It's also an 8:00PM Eastern time kickoff. If I'm calculating my timezones correctly, that makes it a 4:00AM kickoff for the Huskies give or take. Look for the Huskies to wilt under the Knight lights of New Brunswick.

Rutgers 8 - Washington 7

I assume Fair will be attending that game from Pittsburgh and will be effectively providing a play-by-play accounting on the new "McAndrew Bucket List Board" that's in the process of being installed.

Rutgers 8 - Washington 7

On a side note ---- Washington's OOC schedule is Rutgers, Montana and Fresno State. Montana might truly BE the best team of that bunch! (Fresno State was good 5 years ago but has gone completely in the gutter).

They didn't really take any steps after last season to improve their non-conference schedule. That nearly cost them a playoff spot in 2016.

I read a lot of posts putting down the Rutgers fan base (maybe deserved re: PSU), but when they were ranked #18 and Kent State beat them at RU's Homecoming, the fans were very nice to talk to, post-game. Gave full credit to Kent State's players and coaches. Good luck in 2017, Rutgers.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
This is satire right?

The essence of great satire is that the reader has to pause at least momentarily and ask, "Is this really serious?". Al, I either salute you on your writing skills or encourage you to go back on your medications.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim

Actually, Hunter Hayek reminds me more of Hunter S. Thompson than Hunter Renfrew.

• The WR corp adds a plethora of Jersey Speed, with incoming wide receivers Everett Wormley, who reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett of USC, Bo Melton, who reminds me of Sammy Watkins, and Hunter Hayek, who reminds me of Hunter Renfrow.
th

I got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT