ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Roman Bravo-Young to return for final season

Great news!

We benefit, the team benefits, the sport benefits, and I hope RBY benefits (beyond finances, of course).

The internet may benefit, as well, depending on how one views the fun that can be had. 🤔😇

Nice. Glad my check cleared for him. I know Chickenman's didn't clear for Beard.

Is this just January, or a full season? Off to the HR board to see their thoughts 🤣

7TOZ.gif

Reactions: CentexLion
Great to hear, would have been a lot of points to replace. Keeps PSU as the clear front runner for next year.

Reactions: diggerpup
Assuming Levi is good to go next year and wins the spot, do you red shirt him anyway to give him an extra year or wrestle him.

Assuming Levi is good to go next year and wins the spot, do you red shirt him anyway to give him an extra year or wrestle him.
I think he should go next year and possibly red shirt the following as he moves up to 165. We have some clearing to do 165 and above. I think Aaron will move to 197 in 2 years which in turn should open up 165, as I think Facundo will grow as well. Granted Carter can choose to do whatever he wants.

So it’s looking like:

Howard
RBY
Beau
SVN
BearClaw/Haines
Facundo
CStar
AB
Dean
Kerk

Great mix of vets and FNGs. Almost like it was planned.
HR is gonna go crazy. We might have 10 #1 seeds going into Big Tens and Nationals

Reactions: nitlion6
Everyone else fighting for 2nd place
That isn't exactly true. Iowa never finishes above 3rd when losing to Penn State. At least at nationals. There was that one time at Evanston where the Hawks thought they had a Big10 championship only to watch PSU run the tables in the placement round and snatch it away by a single point. 9 to 1 national titles later some Hawk fans still believe they are closing that gap.

Reactions: PSU James
I’m shocked. Oh wait, I never once thought RBY wouldn’t use his 4th NCAAs. It should be a fun season.

Reactions: diggerpup
but is it one of the staff's goal
Cael's goal is clear every year, and that is to see all 10 starting wrestlers reach their ultimate goal. On face value, that means 10 individual national champions. If that happens the points record will take care of itself. It makes little sense to have a lesser goal when one does not define themselves by wins and losses. Fear of failure is anathema to the champion mindset.

Want to know something scary? RBY was definitely pretty banged up this past year and still found a way to win every match, he even alluded to it in his presser after Nationals. His hand was wrapped by nationals and his shoulder was basically taped most of the year.

He had a message for the haters also "You can say I stall but winning ain't easy ... I'm a 2 time national champ end of the day"

I knew the signs were there he was planning to return but it's awesome that it's official now.

Reactions: Jplions4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT