ADVERTISEMENT

Rain rain go away

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
We are pushing 4" here in Wmspt and it's going to continue for another couple of hours. I can't imagine that field parking will be good on Saturday at PSU if they got anywhere close to the rain we're getting here.

Yes I was thinking the same thoughts what will all this rain will mean for parking on Saturday. They might have to look to open different places to park and shuttle fans in.

Strange storm. I honestly don't recall a storm like this where the motion has been almost straight south to north, such that being in the middle of it just goes on and on. Last night here in Nova, I was awakened by a short rain squall that was so intense that I thought it was thunder. Yesterday evening we were right on the edge, such that if you looked to the west, you could see the sunset, and if you looked to the east at DC, black clouds.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Strange storm. I honestly don't recall a storm like this where the motion has been almost straight south to north, such that being in the middle of it just goes on and on. Last night here in Nova, I was awakened by a short rain squall that was so intense that I thought it was thunder. Yesterday evening we were right on the edge, such that if you looked to the west, you could see the sunset, and if you looked to the east at DC, black clouds.
Agreed that you don't need a hurricane for big rain making events anymore.
I watched a documentary about our weather changes recently. They claimed that for every 1.5 ° increase in the earth's temperature the atmosphere could hold 7% more moisture. I'm still seeing female hummingbirds at my feeder daily and they're usually gone by now. Very wet summer.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I watched a documentary about our weather changes recently. They claimed that for every 1.5 ° increase in the earth's temperature the atmosphere could hold 7% more moisture. I'm still seeing female hummingbirds at my feeder daily and they're usually gone by now. Very wet summer.
Same here as far as hummingbirds go. We have a feeder and lots of giant canna lilies and other plants they really like. We are still having hummingbird dogfights every day. They are super aggressive when it's getting down to the wire to fill up with nectar and leave for the long flight.

Reactions: creamery freak
The Pugh Street garage entrance/exit was so flooded this morning that vehicles couldn't leave. My daughter had to get an uber to take her to an appointment.

Actual black clouds or something symbolic? :)

Same here as far as hummingbirds go. We have a feeder and lots of giant canna lilies and other plants they really like. We are still having hummingbird dogfights every day. They are super aggressive when it's getting down to the wire to fill up with nectar and leave for the long flight.
Hummingbirds will still be common for another week.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Never did. Three Johnstown floods .....1889, 1936, 1977..... no hurricanes. There have always been floods. There always will be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT