ADVERTISEMENT

PSU MBB at MS

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
Wow! I can see why MS was ranked 4 preseason. They're playing like it tonight. PSU playing slopy and down 69-42 at 12 in the second half.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I don't have Peacock or whatever, which was a good call because judging by the score this game sucks.

Reactions: bdgan
Wow! I can see why MS was ranked 4 preseason. They're playing like it tonight. PSU playing slopy and down 69-42 at 12 in the second half.
I hope it is a case of MSU playing to their #4 preseason ranking and not as much us just being a bad team.

I hope it is a case of MSU playing to their #4 preseason ranking and not as much us just being a bad team.
We're just a bad team. Clary is a good offensive player but the team doesn't play good defense or block out.

We are not a team... But a collection of guys. Chemistry is required to be a team. This group has an empty periodic table to choose elements from to form cohesive bonds.
Honestly, this team is playing right about as I would have expected. It goes beyond needing time to gel...we're really just not at the talent level of the rest of the conference this year. I've been pleasantly surprised with Kanye's play, but beyond him, no one has played above expectations this year. Need a few guys to step up in the second half of the year (and Ace to play as he's capable of playing).

Honestly, this team is playing right about as I would have expected. It goes beyond needing time to gel...we're really just not at the talent level of the rest of the conference this year. I've been pleasantly surprised with Kanye's play, but beyond him, no one has played above expectations this year. Need a few guys to step up in the second half of the year (and Ace to play as he's capable of playing).
Same observations here....

Is Ace playing PG or 2G?

Good luck trying to figure out the B1G in basketball this year. Anyone of 5 to 7 teams can win it.

Good luck trying to figure out the B1G in basketball this year. Anyone of 5 to 7 teams can win it.
I'd give Purdue a >50% chance of winning the regular season. They are well ahead of everyone else right now (assuming that Shannon won't be seeing the floor anytime soon).

He's playing off the ball more than he ever did at VCU, but is also playing some PG when Kanye goes to the bench.
I think ACE should be the primary PG. That is where he excelled @ VCU. Does anyone know if he asked to play 2G when he transferred to PSU?

I think ACE should be the primary PG. That is where he excelled @ VCU. Does anyone know if he asked to play 2G when he transferred to PSU?
I highly doubt that he would have done that...however, I think that Rhoades has it right at this point, as Ace is playing the 2 seems like a better option than Kanye playing the 2. The two of them could work, but we're really missing shooters at the 3/4 that would allow us to spread the floor a little more and open things up for them to get to the hoop. Right now, teams can really collapse on us and dare us to beat them from deep (we're 283rd in the country in 3 point percentage).

The past few years I always felt our teams would have been really good “mid major” teams, but not great Big 10 teams….this year’s team would not even be a good mid major team let alone Big 10 team. They’re just not good. Can’t shoot, can’t play defense, can’t rebound, have a ton of turnovers….but other than that, they’re great. Thank God we have Clary…wonder if he will stay or portal out next year.

We will be dead last in the B1G and I'm rooting for it all the way. The losing team gets $1M in NIL to upgrade their roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT