ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread PSU @ Iowa in-match discussion thread

Kerk sometimes is satisfied with just a dub. Let’s see what he does tonight. Hard to believe this will be competitive.

• Love
Reactions: Ski
Ref is just ridiculous - Glazier was working to stand and Brooks was working to break him down. Neither wrestler is stalling in that situation and it isn't a "stalemate" either. Ref has to let them wrestle through in that situation. Just ridiculous calls in both the 184 and 197 matches.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
And the destruction begins,,

Why are are the Big 10 announcers so gaga over moonlighting football players?

They are both losers tonight.

I wish Kerk had Staroccis demeanor. With his talent and athletic ability he could absolutely destroy everyone but sometimes he does this where he just rides forever when he could probably play the Td game and get a tech

• Love
Reactions: hlstone and Ski
Kerk with a 9-1 major over Kueter. Lots of riding time. Rode Kueter the entire second period.

Final team score: 29-6

I predict Penn St wins 28-6
Mark Harmon Gibbs GIF by CBS

Reactions: District four
Davis – what I thought may happen, come down to a slick move by Ayala. Good teaching points and not too concerned. Always thought one knee was stalling if you’re going to continue going to it and staying on it for a few counts

Nagao – would still like him to get more TDs on this opponent. Good finish

Beau – nice job. Learned from last year

Tyler – Iowa was coached well here. Rematch to be different. No major concerns. I don’t think he is that ‘small’ either. True Frosh, just needs to shut down his right side

Levi – how solid, how good

MM – I didn’t think Iowa was stalling in the 1st two periods.. MM is sooooo fun and really has some great body positioning on his finishes

Star – hope starr gets some Facundo revenge…pretty lame interlocking call. Wish Starr didn’t get semi-winded in the 3rd…. I don’t mind the backing up stall, but not the pushing back calls (most of the time)

Bernie – wish he could have gotten some backs against this guy. Don’t like him letting guys in on his legs. Regardless, great major!. This is where Gibbons doen’t talk about the score …

Brooks – you expect him to break through those tie ups. Regardless…. Steady as she goes 😊

Kerk – once he realized he isn’t turning him, should have put on a td show. Very solid.

Overall – We took care of business. Good for early Feb. Nebbie will be fun to watch and another measuring stick at a few weights! Hard to listen to Gibbons or Johnson. If there is anything good to say about PSU its in a low voice. History type of accolades are mostly always Iowa… such homers even though they are not trying to be. Just seems it is painful for them (to say something good to the Iowa opponent). Iowa had a lot of blood this meet

Stalling – still makes me wonder… If Beau got one then there should be a few in every match 😊

Reactions: Ja1339
Ref is just ridiculous - Glazier was working to stand and Brooks was working to break him down. Neither wrestler is stalling in that situation and it isn't a "stalemate" either. Ref has to let them wrestle through in that situation. Just ridiculous calls in both the 184 and 197 matches.
Brooks said he was trying to break him down and the ref said he should try another way. Now it's stalling if you don't read the refs mind and do what he wants.

Reactions: creamery freak
And the destruction begins,,

Why are are the Big 10 announcers so gaga over moonlighting football players?

They are both losers tonight.
The whole fricken USA is Gaga over football players. Just go over to the football site and sniff a bit. Other non-football athletes are just as special and work just as hard.

Reactions: jbenedict
Davis – what I thought may happen, come down to a slick move by Ayala. Good teaching points and not too concerned. Always thought one knee was stalling if you’re going to continue going to it and staying on it for a few counts

Nagao – would still like him to get more TDs on this opponent. Good finish

Beau – nice job. Learned from last year

Tyler – Iowa was coached well here. Rematch to be different. No major concerns. I don’t think he is that ‘small’ either. True Frosh, just needs to shut down his right side

Levi – how solid, how good

MM – I didn’t think Iowa was stalling in the 1st two periods.. MM is sooooo fun and really has some great body positioning on his finishes

Star – hope starr gets some Facundo revenge…pretty lame interlocking call. Wish Starr didn’t get semi-winded in the 3rd…. I don’t mind the backing up stall, but not the pushing back calls (most of the time)

Bernie – wish he could have gotten some backs against this guy. Don’t like him letting guys in on his legs. Regardless, great major!. This is where Gibbons doen’t talk about the score …

Brooks – you expect him to break through those tie ups. Regardless…. Steady as she goes 😊

Kerk – once he realized he isn’t turning him, should have put on a td show. Very solid.

Overall – We took care of business. Good for early Feb. Nebbie will be fun to watch and another measuring stick at a few weights! Hard to listen to Gibbons or Johnson. If there is anything good to say about PSU its in a low voice. History type of accolades are mostly always Iowa… such homers even though they are not trying to be. Just seems it is painful for them (to say something good to the Iowa opponent). Iowa had a lot of blood this meet

Stalling – still makes me wonder… If Beau got one then there should be a few in every match 😊

Tyler will make adjustments - he allowed him in on his legs way too easy and way too many times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT