ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Apparently recruiting doesn’t mean anything.
Recruiting never matters to people who can’t do it. It’s like a guy that’s never able to talk to or take home a really hot girl in a bar. All he really can do is be envious of or hate the guys that can.

Reactions: gregoryj95
daminals76Heisman Candidate

Great post. Definitely a talent level that has steadily improved/matured. I am still not convinced that this style of defense is appropriate for ACC football. I hope I am wrong about that. If they can’t shut down the pass in cover 1 with the current talent pool, might be time to re-evaluate the defensive philosophy.

Exactly... it may work in the Little 10, but the ACC is a different beast with better programs, better talent, and much better QB play.

@daminals76 is one of the most delusional posters on the lair and that’s saying a lot! He must learn from his hero @Chris Peak this part of the offseason is always hilarious watching Peak Bring expectations up of the fan base only to watch them crumble 3 games in. An 0-3 start is a very distinct possibility

Recruiting never matters to people who can’t do it. It’s like a guy that’s never able to talk to or take home a really hot girl in a bar. All he really can do is be envious of or hate the guys that can.
Recruiting is a merely a formality at Pitt. Duzz takes diamonds in the ruff and coaches them up. Our coaching staff gets blue chippers and then loses 4 games cause they have no idea what they are doing. One sentence to summarize the posters on each respective site.

Paris Johnson's dad leaves Pitt's staff and the Lair pundits share their thoughts. Like he was going to bring his son to Pitt. lol...

Johnson was Pitt’s assistant director of player personnel
One question... Did he help us land his 5-Star kid? No. He committed to OSU...

Ok Dad... Get the eff out of here....You ain’t no good... Can’t even get your kid to come to Pitt...

Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out of here....

Good Riddance!

Reactions: Hotshoe
Paris Johnson's dad leaves Pitt's staff and the Lair pundits share their thoughts. Like he was going to bring his son to Pitt. lol...

Johnson was Pitt’s assistant director of player personnel
One question... Did he help us land his 5-Star kid? No. He committed to OSU...

Ok Dad... Get the eff out of here....You ain’t no good... Can’t even get your kid to come to Pitt...

Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out of here....

Good Riddance!

Pittmeister showing that Pitt class...

I would’ve given him some shoe leather right upside his ass the second his kid committed to Ohio State...
And while we’re at it, I’d start laying the law down on any Pitt football alumni with 4-Star kids ...

If you ain’t making a big donation to Pitt and your 4 Star kid decides to go elsewhere, then you don’t get free football tickets, you don’t get basketball tickets, you don’t get access to locker rooms, you don’t get invited to banquets, etc... In short, take a hike...

You get nothing...

iu

Pittmeister showing that Pitt class...

I would’ve given him some shoe leather right upside his ass the second his kid committed to Ohio State...
And while we’re at it, I’d start laying the law down on any Pitt football alumni with 4-Star kids ...

If you ain’t making a big donation to Pitt and your 4 Star kid decides to go elsewhere, then you don’t get free football tickets, you don’t get basketball tickets, you don’t get access to locker rooms, you don’t get invited to banquets, etc... In short, take a hike...

You get nothing...

iu
I remember when Miles Diffenbach committed to us like 8-10 years ago. His dad was the tennis coach at Pitt and an alum. The Lair went nuts and wanted his Head (not the tennis raquet variety).

I think the same year we recruited another OL who was a son of a very good Pitt lineman. His mom was a Pitt athlete also, IIRC. He didn't work out at PSU and transferred to Pitt where he didn't contribute much there either.

We hate to lose legacies, too, like Andrew Pitz. But it happens. Unfortunately, we have a few posters (I hope they're trolls) who take a similar stance and want the parent banned and shamed. Obviously, players have to go where it's best for them.

PittFanDan17
Would we even want him on our defense though? Kid cant even get playing time up there and their defense stinks

iu

Facts are inconvenient. Re: Lamont Wade and Penn State defense. Wade ran with 1st string in the spring, btw.

TOTAL DEFENSE

#34 Penn St. 13 965 4556 4.72 30 34 350.5

#59 Pittsburgh 14 929 5426 5.84 48 50 387.6

Not to mention Pitt’s schedule is a joke, and that inflated their ranking.

With Florida State off the map, at least for the time being......the ACC is a one team conference. I love how the Liars try to make the ACC out to be a top notch conference....LOL....Pitt got blown out 3 or 4 times and won the Coastal!

Reactions: JJTopp99
‘‘Tis the season to be a Pitt fan. From now till September they will convince themselves that they are Natty ready. Sadly then they have to play other teams.

Agree. The Lair is college football's "Comedy Central" during the off months. When I need a good laugh it is usually the first place I visit.

For me, it's this thread. I value my sanity, so I don't ever visit the lair. But I do appreciate the snippets people post in this thread. Damn near every response to this thread is comedy gold, and I salute all of you who contribute. My absolute favorite thing that ever happens is when the poor Pitters think that us making fun of them somehow makes them relevant. It's so damn sad, but it makes me smile every time.

Every Pitt Fan said:
Almost 100 pages, nope you guys don't care about us at all, no rivalry here. Hail to Pitt!

Their big discussion now is that because the ACC has the best team, they’re the best conference (or as good as the SEC). Plus Narduzzi’s defenses were better in the Big 10 because the teams and the talent weren’t as good as they are in the ACC. True story.

Time is past ragging Pitt on its pathetic recruiting.....pulled in one of the top 7 dozen recruits out of Georgia yesterday.

They are now ranked 56th in the country in recruiting and their fan base wonders if they are paying recruits or Chris Beatty is such a difference maker

Reactions: marshall23
I've been following the English Premier League quite a bit this season, and to a lesser extent, the Bundesliga. In Europe, a rivalry soccer (FOOTBALL. :eek: FUSSBALL. :eek: ) match is called a derby. If we start to call pitt-Penn State American football games a derby, would that give them credibility and a certain sense of glamour? It's not just any old football game, it's a derby. Maybe then we could play the game every year. :eek:

So, what to call it? To call it the Pennsylvania Derby might cause people to mistake it for a horse race. It might also offend temple, Kutztown, Bloomsburg, etc. Western Pennsylvania Derby isn't accurate since Penn State is in Central PA. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
I've been following the English Premier League quite a bit this season, and to a lesser extent, the Bundesliga. In Europe, a soccer (FOOTBALL. :eek: FUSSBALL. :eek: ) match is called a derby. If we start to call pitt-Penn State American football games a derby, would that give it credibility and a certain sense of glamour? It's not just any old football game, it's a derby. Maybe then we could play the game every year. :eek:

So, what to call it? To call it the Pennsylvania Derby might cause people to mistake it for a horse race. It might also offend temple, Kutztown, Bloomsburg, etc. Western Pennsylvania Derby isn't accurate since Penn State is in Central PA. Suggestions?

Free beverage Derby?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT