ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

By the strict definition, Pitt is not a rival.

“person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.”

PSU doesn’t compete for the same objective or superiority with Pitt. PSU competes for the B10 and national titles, Pitt competes for a winning season, and the occasion upset win. PSU is clearly superior.

Reactions: PSU87
Once again, you're whole post is BS. You were the one that challenged me to "spin" the rating and when I did, you backtracked. And the rest of this post is you changing the meaning of most of your posts to try to spin it to your view. And I stand by what I said on in point 9. But I never said that older generations don't count. I said they are in the minority. That's a big difference.

Late Edit: I also never used the term "special hatred" and never would. Hating on some kid because he plays for a team that PSU plays has always struck me as juvenile. But feel free to hate on thousand of kids you've never met because they don't happen to wear blue and white on Saturdays. I'm hoping they all go on to have happy and productive lives.

LOL...Oh no...I made a post to express my view! I think that's what people do on message board, no?

Later dude.

No one considers temple a rival of Penn State. Why? Penn State has dominated the series over its entire history. temple will not be competitive with Penn State, so no one considers the upcoming games rivalry games.

Why would someone consider pitt a rival? Because pitt was competitive decades ago? What does that have to do with this series? Is it competitive now? No. NOT. A. RIVALRY. :eek:

The Panther Lair is recovering quite nicely and has returned to top form. Did you know Pitt would be a perennial top 25 team if they were in the Big 10? The board focus has shifted to competing for a Coastal Conference Championship and perhaps a return to the Fiesta Bowl.:(

"You've got to flush it out," Ollison said. "You've got to forget about it and realize that all our goals are still intact. Nobody said you had to be undefeated to go to the ACC championship or national championship. If we win the rest of our games, nobody will remember what happened last week."

Thought this was a gem.. Pitt's on the way to another national title

"You've got to flush it out," Ollison said. "You've got to forget about it and realize that all our goals are still intact. Nobody said you had to be undefeated to go to the ACC championship or national championship. If we win the rest of our games, nobody will remember what happened last week."

Pitt doesn’t even have to win a national championship to win a national championship.

My favorite thread on the Pitt Board right now is “James Franklin is a dirtbag”. A thread that talks about James running up the score and The Vanderbilt scandal that the DA commended him for. A penn State fan posted 3 to 4 factual rebuttals today and they were all deleted. No wonder pitt fans live in an unrealistic universe with their team

Meanwhile, parents continue to send their sons to play for Franklin while Narduzzi is not allowed in St Joseph’s high school and can’t recruit Pittsburgh because he actually has big a dirt bag. The irony

Meanwhile, parents continue to send their sons to play for Franklin while Narduzzi is not allowed in St Joseph’s high school and can’t recruit Pittsburgh because he actually has big a dirt bag. The irony

I have to ask, why is Narduzzi not allowed in St Joseph’s?

Told DeAndre Swift that if he didn’t come visit Pitt that Pitt would no longer recruit St Joseph players. That guy thinks of everything

You mean Swift passed on a trip to Pitt? Did he know what he was missing out on? A "yellow out'? Meeting the dynamic and silver tongue orator Nardooozie? Visiting the Steelers lockeroom? Seeing the famed 39 National Championship trophies?

Now he is stuck at Georgia.

Told DeAndre Swift that if he didn’t come visit Pitt that Pitt would no longer recruit St Joseph players. That guy thinks of everything

Seems like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Supposedly when his dad was coaching at YSU he was fighting cancer. The board suggested he take time off, go sit up in the press box, and then when he is 100% he can come back to coach on the field. Well old man Narduzzi took offense to that and there was bad blood. He threatened to sue, YSU still continued to pay him even though he wasn't coaching, and finally he quit. (This is just what somebody told me so can't verify, but wouldn't be shocked.)

So .. them beating us 42-39 kept us out of a national championship two years ago ... though they think losing 51-6 won't keep them out of one this year? Uhh ... ok

Kijana is allowed to be wrong.
tenor.gif

Reactions: lilwashnitfan
The Panther Lair is recovering quite nicely and has returned to top form. Did you know Pitt would be a perennial top 25 team if they were in the Big 10? The board focus has shifted to competing for a Coastal Conference Championship and perhaps a return to the Fiesta Bowl.:(
They're all over the place. We want to play Penn Sate every year. They're afraid of us. Our OOC schedule is too hard, yadda, yadda. They continually bitch about their OOC schedule, but their overall SOS is crap. They want to play a weak conference schedule AND a weak OOC schedule.

If they had a dollar for every post regarding building an on campus stadium over the years the thing would be paid for by now. I love how they endlessly argue over everything; stars don’t matter in recruiting is my favorite of all time.

So .. them beating us 42-39 kept us out of a national championship two years ago ... though they think losing 51-6 won't keep them out of one this year? Uhh ... ok
They played poorly against a 1-AA opponent, they got beat 51-6 by PSU, and they beat Ga Tech....suddenly they’re in the hunt for the ACC Coastal division championship and a shot at the conference title. Reality is not their friend.

They played poorly against a 1-AA opponent, they got beat 51-6 by PSU, and they beat Ga Tech....suddenly they’re in the hunt for the ACC Coastal division championship and a shot at the conference title. Reality is not their friend.

I thought they now had a shot at a national title. As a one-loss team, they likely are playoff-bound.

:confused:

Have you seen the ACC Coastal? The Little Giants using the Annexation of Puerto Rico would be in the hunt.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT