ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Dc2HwQMVwAI6XQ9.jpg

I wonder how many pictures he’s posted on this board and I wonder how many Penn State pictures one of us could post on the Lair before getting banned. Anyone want to test it out?

I can't, they banned me for correcting somebody who said that Kam Carter was in our DT two deep the one season he was here. I was polite too.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Think of all the words they could have used, and they chose "committed". Pitt knows how likely decommits are, and this is a desperate attempt to keep them.

To be clear, Pitt has not had a 10 win regular season since 1982. They had a 9 win regular season that got them to the Meineke Car Care Bowl where they beat up on perennial doormat, UNC, yes the basketball school. Their 9 wins included YSU, Buffalo, Navy, Louisville, Connecticut, Rutgers, USF, Syracuse, and the always overrated Notre Dame. In other words, it took the easiest schedule of all time for them to squeak out 9 wins in the regular season, and a super easy bowl game to get to 10.

Thanks for providing clarification. pitt sucks.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I’m assuming you’re being sarcastic, but that is not photoshopped. That picture was taken in 2001 when Heinz Field had turf for their first year. They were able to change the end zones much easier so they did have bright yellow end zones for the Steelers and Vegas gold endzones for Pitt, along with customizable text for each.

Then they went to a different type of grass (I believe) the next year and stopped having the endzones fully painted, but still had text in each endzones (I know this because I remember a difference from the Pitt/Miami game in 01 and Pitt/WVU in 02.) By 2004 it was “PITTSBURGH” in the north endzone and the Norte Dame hashes in the south endzone.

Edit: Interesting fact about that picture, that was the first ever game at Heinz Field for Pitt in 2001, I believe against East Tennessee. I remember this because the next home game was primetime against Miami, the first game since 9/11.

Not being sarcastic. I never remember watching yellow end zones at Heinz. I could have forgot but I never miss a Steeler game.

I do know one thing. Heinz field has never had turf. Never

By turf I didn’t mean the fake, carpet-style; just meant another type playing surface. Lord knows how many different types of surfaces they’ve had since it opened. I decided to look it up. Here’s a good article about the turf it used that first year:

http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20010824hturf0824P1.asp

I guess whatever it used must’ve been easier to customize the endzones than what they have now, because anything would be better than the endzone hashes and the makeshift logo at midfield inside the Steeler circle.

I was wrong. They did have yellow endzones at one point. Found it on YouTube

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Easy to forget. Seems like it was forever ago. Me personally, I like them plain. Makes the yellow endzones feel much more significant because you know you’re in the Super Bowl! :)

I prefer them yellow and hate when they put the old Notre Dame stripes in the one end zone. If Pitt ever gets a new stadium, they would have steelers in the end zone instead of Pittsburgh. I doubt it happens but until they do it will always hold Pitt back

I can't, they banned me for correcting somebody who said that Kam Carter was in our DT two deep the one season he was here. I was polite too.

They once banned someone for merely breathing in an atmospheric oxygen molecule that was previously breathed out by a guy in DuBois who drove by the PSU branch campus on his way to Wendy's.

They are definitely too sensitive.

@HailToPitt725 honest question for you. In the past 2-3 years, pitt has probably landed 10-15 kids that were unrated when they landed them and the next day Were rated as a 3 star, so why are pitt fans still talking about Journey Brown who is one of the only penn State recruits that’s happened to?

Also, is your fanbase really dumb enough to think Jason Collier should be a 4 star

Reactions: HailToPitt725
There's a tiny sliver of land that actually IS East Pittsburgh, right over that way. The news people use the phrase for the whole area, though.

Thanks again. I found the area on Google Maps (Rankin, the Braddocks, Turtle Creek, and East Pittsburgh). It is outside of Pittsburgh proper, on the way to Monroeville. By the sound of it, they should move Oakland over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT