ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Thanks again. I found the area on Google Maps (Rankin, the Braddocks, Turtle Creek, and East Pittsburgh). It is outside of Pittsburgh proper, on the way to Monroeville. By the sound of it, they should move Oakland over there.
If they moved Oakland to East Pittsburgh at least they'd have space for an on campus football stadium.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
If they moved Oakland to East Pittsburgh at least they'd have space for an on campus football stadium.

But they wouldn’t be able to move the Cathedral of Yearning. That’s an important consideration because, you know, it’s the tallest academic building ever.

DgZoo87U0AAEOnK.jpg

Er, what?

Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington are holding on lines 2 through 5.
Apparently winning a championship game is not a big win according to Pitt fans. Of course, they’re never actually in championship games, so I guess their ignorance can be explained.

Reactions: ELDADDY and m48tank
@HailToPitt725 honest question for you. In the past 2-3 years, pitt has probably landed 10-15 kids that were unrated when they landed them and the next day Were rated as a 3 star, so why are pitt fans still talking about Journey Brown who is one of the only penn State recruits that’s happened to?

Also, is your fanbase really dumb enough to think Jason Collier should be a 4 star
If Journey Brown had gone to Pitt, they would be talking about him like he’s the next Tony Dorsett.

Reactions: ELDADDY and bison13
Apparently winning a championship game is not a big win according to Pitt fans. Of course, they’re never actually in championship games, so I guess their ignorance can be explained.

Remember, pitt athletic supporters have taught us that the b1g is turrible.

Just for a quick laugh. According to 247, the average national ranking for a Pitt recruit is 928 while Penn State is 280.
If you look at the average rating per current commit.....PSU would be top 5 and Pitt is in the 40s. I don't think PSU will finish that high....but could be top 15. Pitt will certainly finish around 40-50. I guess they think that puts them in position to compete for "the playoffs."

The kid is the #44 prospect in the state of New Jersey. He doesn't have any Hudl because not every single kid who plays football has a Hudl presence. Could he be another diamond in the rough? I guess, but the idea that this kid was hidden and somehow is a steal is fool's gold.

The kid is the #44 prospect in the state of New Jersey. He doesn't have any Hudl because not every single kid who plays football has a Hudl presence. Could he be another diamond in the rough? I guess, but the idea that this kid was hidden and somehow is a steal is fool's gold.

Absolutely Correct! The whole idea that a HS coach should get fired because he didn't get kids or a kid a college scholarship is ridiculous. College coaches are expected to know about any kid that is even close to college FB ability. So the fact that a kid slips through the cracks is almost non existent. If a Coach doesn't visit or call a HS and then a kid in that school gets offered by a comparable college then someone is getting fired.

That College coach better have a good reason why they don't think the kid is good enough or didn't even know about them. College Coaches are paid to know about every recruitable player in their area.

Now if a kid is a late bloomer or goes from PWO to monster in 3 years thats different.

To be honest, I have no idea who Journey Brown is. I’m probably not the right person to be asking about that. But I just assumed that’s what Rivals/247 did for all of the P5 schools. If they were unranked and then committed, they’d update with a 2* or 3* ranking as a courtesy thing.

Now for Collier, I do think he should be a 3*. He has an impressive offer sheet from WVU and VT. We literally had no idea who he was until a week ago because he has no social media accounts and not much of a Hudl. (I like that kid!) I think that played a part in his under-the-radar recruitment. Apparently he’s a monster 6’7” TE so I’d bring him on board any day. He chose us over Virginia because of our engineering program. Seems like a good kid.

Remember, and this goes for just about any situation, it’s always the 10% that’s making the most noise and raising the most eyebrows. Some ludicrous statement or comment normally doesn’t serve as a proper representation for the whole group.

Unless Rivals didn’t update his profile, which I’m sure Chris Peak would do right away, he has no offer from WVU or VT. When they have an offer, there is a checkmark where it says offer.

Rutgers hasn’t even offered

Just the facts
Temple
2014 = 6 wins / 6 losses
2015 = 10 / 4 Bowl Game Loss
2016 = 10 / 4 Bowl Game Loss
2017 = 7 / 6 Bowl Game Win
Combined record 33 - 20

Pitt
2014 = 6 wins / 7 losses Bowl Game Loss (Instant classic for Houston)
2015 = 8 / 5 Bowl Game Loss
2016 = 8 / 5 Bowl Game Loss
2017 = 5 / 7
Combined Record 27 - 24

Enough of this Western PA vs Central PA.
I want to see a Western PA vs Eastern PA game because they are more equal opponents! I would take Temple to win this year!

Just the facts
Temple
2014 = 6 wins / 6 losses
2015 = 10 / 4 Bowl Game Loss
2016 = 10 / 4 Bowl Game Loss
2017 = 7 / 6 Bowl Game Win
Combined record 33 - 20

Pitt
2014 = 6 wins / 7 losses Bowl Game Loss (Instant classic for Houston)
2015 = 8 / 5 Bowl Game Loss
2016 = 8 / 5 Bowl Game Loss
2017 = 5 / 7
Combined Record 27 - 24

Enough of this Western PA vs Central PA.
I want to see a Western PA vs Eastern PA game because they are more equal opponents! I would take Temple to win this year!

Agree. Pitt/Temple is a natural rivalry game that should take place every year. I hope the state legislature steps in and makes it happen. Both schools should be in the MAC where Pitt can regularly finish in the top half of the conference and challenge for a conference championship every 5-7 years. Those MAC schools are the same teams that Pitt recruits against when their recruits actually have FBS offers. Its a natural fit.

Reactions: gslachta
Agree. Pitt/Temple is a natural rivalry game that should take place every year. I hope the state legislature steps in and makes it happen. Both schools should be in the MAC where Pitt can regularly finish in the top half of the conference and challenge for a conference championship every 5-7 years. Those MAC schools are the same teams that Pitt recruits against when their recruits actually have FBS offers. Its a natural fit.

Sounds like a natural Thurs night match-up at a neutral Beaver Stadium! :rolleyes:

Don't need you to feel sorry for me. I am happy and life is good. I don't take myself to serious. I am enjoying life.

You need to go enjoy life somewhere else because no one here cares what you think or where you grew up or any of that.

I am really quite enjoying your trolling. The terrible spelling and grammar, the over the top nonsense that no one could really believe. The perfect parody of a Lair poster. Bravo![/QUO

Spoken like a true one-sided person who takes himself too seriously. Last time I checked none of you are players just spectators like me. I use to be like you but I woke up!!! Just a past time. I got more to life to listen to ignorant people like you. You are probably the same idots who voted for the worst president we have no. What a joke. Too Funny!!!

Temple is not even on our radar. That is a PSU thing. Pitt used to play them and smash them, that is not a rivalry.
OMG this is too rich! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this.

Pitt vs. Temple last 10 games: 8-2 in favor of Pitt, Pitt on average scored 11.6 points more than Temple

PSU vs. Pitt last 10 games: 8-2 in favor of PSU, PSU on average scored 9.5 points more than Pitt

Pitt has played Temple 32 times in the modern era: 25-7 in favor of Pitt, Pitt on average scored 15.7 points more than Temple

PSU vs. Pitt over the last 32 games: 23-8-1 in favor of PSU, PSU on average scored 11.2 points more than Pitt.

So it is INCREDIBLY fair to say that Temple is to Pitt as Pitt is to PSU. After September 14, 2019 we can just say "Pitt is not on our radar...PSU used to play them and smash them, that is not a rivalry."

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Temple is not even on our radar. That is a PSU thing. Pitt used to play them and smash them, that is not a rivalry.

Pitt is afraid to play Temple. Pitt will never play Temple, and risk losing. They'd rather (barely) defeat YSU.

Pitt people like to crow that the state legislature should make PSU play Pitt every year. If the legislature did, but also mandated that Pitt play Temple every year, as well, Pitt would back out in a heartbeat.

Can you post a round picture of that? It would be pretty sweet as an overlay on my dart board.

And speaking of dart boards, here's a great idea. Put a picture of the stadium at a pitt home game on the wall and try to hit a person with a dart. You'd have to be pretty damn good to hit one. Even if you really made the picture bigger by blowing it up.

ADVERTISEMENT