ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

I have heard this firsthand from a guy I used to work with. I proposed the same scenario you mentioned and he said "of course I would take beating psu and losing the rest" I then said it wouldn't mean psu also lost the rest of the games, they would still probably win at least 8 and then his dumb ass said, "no if that's our only win psu would have to lose all the others"

It was either the smartest remark I've ever heard or the dumbest. I'm still struggling as to which it is...
Did he ride the bus to school or carry his lunch?

Reactions: TheGLOV
The smartest thing Pickett could have done was decommit from Temple for Pitt. Temple’s QB threw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs on Saturday. I think he started most of the year last season as a freshman too. Pickett would be riding the bench.

Reactions: TheGLOV and ELDADDY
The Pitt Lair is taking the mandatory 8 count all week.........prediction: Panthers earn a hard fought victory over national power Ohio( claim another NC).....the Lair rebounds instantly and uniformly predicts that they will destroy PSU next week. "Mark it down."

The Pitt Lair is taking the mandatory 8 count all week.........prediction: Panthers earn a hard fought victory over national power Ohio( claim another NC).....the Lair rebounds instantly and uniformly predicts that they will destroy PSU next week. "Mark it down."
These are the same geniuses that are posting that the only difference between them and the successful programs is that the successful programs schedule easy teams all year long and they also cheat. Pitt is one of the few programs that doesn’t cheat and their schedule is brutally hard. You can’t make this sh!t up.

That could really take a bite out of your attendance.:(
tenor.gif

Pitt hasn't scored more than 14 points in the last 4 games. They are due for an offensive explosion. I'm thinking they put up at least 17 points in this game. Hope they have replacement lights for the scoreboard.

tenor.gif

Reactions: m48tank and LionJim
The smartest thing Pickett could have done was decommit from Temple for Pitt. Temple’s QB threw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs on Saturday. I think he started most of the year last season as a freshman too. Pickett would be riding the bench.

Pickett may have been ghosted by Temple. Not sure of the timeline, but Anthony Russo decommited from RU and quickly ended up at Temple. Pickett doesnt have half the talent of Russo, and jumped into a warm bed at Pitt. Pickett probably didint have many other options.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Great, I hope Pitt wins big. That will make next week hilarious with all the “We’re gonna kill the Pedds threads” and Pitt trolls a plenty. Then after next Saturday they will all be back on suicide watch and wanting to burn the Duzz at the stake.
Beating Ohio is equivalent to being better than PSU...don’t you know Pitt logic?

Ohio is terrible. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen 2 QBs that are so bad in the same game.

Lots of gold this week for sure.

"Honestly better to just look ahead. These creeps are reprehensible and most don't deserve to be on earth. But they're here, they spend a ton more on football, they sell their souls 1000% to it, and they frankly should win big against schools that don't. And given that, they will likely win big. But at least then the series is over at last. It should never have been played, not games 3 and 4 anyway.

So set these creeps aside this week. It's a game that needs to be endured, so needs some degree of analysis (given the trigger happy mods, hopefully that word is permissible). Treat it more in the context of, another reason why college football needs reform. They shouldn't have a program."

Lots of gold this week for sure.

"Honestly better to just look ahead. These creeps are reprehensible and most don't deserve to be on earth. But they're here, they spend a ton more on football, they sell their souls 1000% to it, and they frankly should win big against schools that don't. And given that, they will likely win big. But at least then the series is over at last. It should never have been played, not games 3 and 4 anyway.

So set these creeps aside this week. It's a game that needs to be endured, so needs some degree of analysis (given the trigger happy mods, hopefully that word is permissible). Treat it more in the context of, another reason why college football needs reform. They shouldn't have a program."
Anyone that hates a football program that badly needs help.

Anyone that hates a football program that badly needs help.
Wait it’s only Sunday come next Saturday night a post graduate psychology student could write a doctoral thesis on the bitter insane ramblings that will post on the Lair.

And they’re dumb enough to convince themselves that they hate us because of the Sandusky scandal when they hated us waaayyy before that ever happened.

They use the alleged crimes of an ex-employee, that are unrelated to Penn State University and it's football team, to delude themselves into believing that PSU shouldn't have a football team. Meanwhile, their coach was the DC for the fighting Nassar's, where a real scandal took place.

They use the alleged crimes of an ex-employee, that are unrelated to Penn State University and it's football team, to delude themselves into believing that PSU shouldn't have a football team. Meanwhile, their coach was the DC for the fighting Nassar's, where a real scandal took place.

Life would be a lot easier for us if we didn’t have a football team. There would be no more Suicidal Sundays.

Reactions: marshall23
Post of the week...In the Penn State Buffalo thread...we were "outplayed" by Buffalo. Yea, to the tune of 45-13. Just like we were outplayed by Pitt last year.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Post of the week...In the Penn State Buffalo thread...we were "outplayed" by Buffalo. Yea, to the tune of 45-13. Just like we were outplayed by Pitt last year.

In some regards, I really can’t argue with that. Buffalo moved the ball most of the game. Our defense stiffened when it mattered to keep them out of the end zone, but they still moved the ball on us. They’re offensive line held up well against our defensive front. We were not able to run the ball effectively (though I would like to have seen more attempts). They had the ball for more than 42 minutes. The difference was our passing game and our defense tightening up when it counted. Still, the scoreboard doesn’t tell the entire story.

Reactions: PSU&Trout
In some regards, I really can’t argue with that. Buffalo moved the ball most of the game. Our defense stiffened when it mattered to keep them out of the end zone, but they still moved the ball on us. They’re offensive line held up well against our defensive front. We were not able to run the ball effectively (though I would like to have seen more attempts). They had the ball for more than 42 minutes. The difference was our passing game and our defense tightening up when it counted. Still, the scoreboard doesn’t tell the entire story.
There are a lot of words that could describe the Buffalo effort. They certainly outplayed us on many downs; but on the whole, we were not outplayed. That's just wishful thinking. We've won a lot of games in the same manner with closer scores over the last 4+ years.

Reactions: JJTopp99
There are a lot of words that could describe the Buffalo effort. They certainly outplayed us on many downs; but on the whole, we were not outplayed. That's just wishful thinking. We've won a lot of games in the same manner with closer scores over the last 4+ years.

I expected us to blow their doors off from start to finish, in all facets. That should not be an unrealistic expectation given the difference in talent. 45-13 looks great, but I am disappointed in a lot of what I saw, especially the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT