ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Courtesy of H2P333, on the "CPN:"We left a lot of offensive schemes out" thread:

I wish people would recall what happened last season. Very bland against Villanova and then crushed PSU with > 500 hundred yards in offense a week later. Yes we looked like crap for some of the time against YSU, but I can confirm that a game plan was NEVER installed for YSU. The coaches and staff expected this too be harder than many casual fans thought but we have essentially have gotten two weeks to prepare for PSU and are 1-0. Yes, there are things to be fixed but all in all let's truly revalate at this time next week. Guarantee you we will be singing a different tune. CPN thrives in big games against big named opponents in their homes. He will get us a W next week. PSU has the doubt from last years thrashing and will be going for a knockout when in essence we just have to not make mistakes; weather the early emotion and then knock them the F out.Barkley won't see 75 yards on the grind next week. Book it. Feel free to pin this or repost this. He will NOT break 75 yards on our defense rushing. Pitt wins 24-16.

I can buy Narduzzi wanting a vanilla game plan but what is comical is that he wanted this game "close by design". If your talent is indeed superior to an FCS program, vanilla game plans should still be executed to comfortable margins of victory.

Pitt struggled in this game not because their gameplan was vanilla but because they were getting physically outmatched up front for the majority of the game. I highly doubt Nardog in all of his genius was telling his OL and DL he was fine with them getting blown off the ball.

Hall of Fame Liar Post.......Pitt wasn't going to show anything to PSU, even if it meant losing to YSU!
Come on Man! I hope this guy has been neutered.

Pitt fans say the darndest things, but for some reason they choke on "33-14."

You guys who don't care about Pitt celebrate 48-14 because it ruined Pitt's shot at an NC right? That happened before I was born and I'm 34. However, when Pitt does the same to a rival that happened only a decade ago you make fun. It is very understandable to rip on Pitt for all of the blunders over these 3 plus decades but in this case you're being very hypocritical. Simlalry, some of you guys realize what it means to "not care" about something especially considering this thread was bumped from 3 months ago.

You guys who don't care about Pitt celebrate 48-14 because it ruined Pitt's shot at an NC right? That happened before I was born and I'm 34. However, when Pitt does the same to a rival that happened only a decade ago you make fun. It is very understandable to rip on Pitt for all of the blunders over these 3 plus decades but in this case you're being very hypocritical. Simlalry, some of you guys realize what it means to "not care" about something especially considering this thread was bumped from 3 months ago.

Before my time, but didn't that win result in a major bowl win and top 5 finish?

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Please show me where the school or the football program did anything to recognize or remember 48-14. Fans bringing it up on a message board is not the same as Penn State doing it.

Reactions: nittnee

Penn State finished 10-2 that year and I never see 10, 20, 30 year anniversary posts. I think watching Pitt is hilarious. I hear recruiting is taking off...pitt is now in position to land kids who once had bigger offers and now the teams have soured on them. Might bump Pitt up to 50th or so in recruiting. Congrats Jakey

Penn State finished 10-2 that year and I never see 10, 20, 30 year anniversary posts. I think watching Pitt is hilarious. I hear recruiting is taking off...pitt is now in position to land kids who once had bigger offers and now the teams have soured on them. Might bump Pitt up to 50th or so in recruiting. Congrats Jakey

Yep. That's what I thought. Just looked. Finished 3rd in AP and Coaches after a blowout win against USC in the Fiesta Bowl.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
I see what you post on the liar board - go F yourself jagoff.

Reactions: mlvnsmly

LOL, you paid enough attention to notice that this thread was bumped from 3 mos. ago? LMAO.
C'mon Ole Miss was just handed huge sanctions with the players being able to transfer, there is a dumpster fire at TN with the possibility of players transferring and decommits and We have coaches moving on as well.
Shouldn't you and your Liar buddies all be circle jerking about the new "recruits" that will be coming your way?

LOL, you paid enough attention to notice that this thread was bumped from 3 mos. ago? LMAO.
C'mon Ole Miss was just handed huge sanctions with the players being able to transfer, there is a dumpster fire at TN with the possibility of players transferring and decommits and We have coaches moving on as well.
Shouldn't you and your Liar buddies all be circle jerking about the new "recruits" that will be coming your way?
Yes, the third string punter needs a place to go.

As others have pointed out, it capped off a 10 win season, with losses to only Miami and Alabama. It also killed Pitt football, so that is definitely cause to celebrate.

Reactions: denniskembala
Football factories that have won a Lambert Trophy since Pitt last won it in 1980:

1. Boston College
  2. Syracuse
  3. Louisville
  4. UConn
  5. Cincinnati
  6. Rutgers
  7. Navy
  8. All of the Above

If you want to see how stupid and delusional the Pitt fan base is, look no further than this thread

Comparing a kid who has started 2 games and has 1 TD pass to his name to a player who has accounted for 73 touchdowns in 2 years. What a dumb and naive fan base

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/pickett-to-ford.122165/

Yes. They aren't wrong though. Pickett is way tougher. He has TOUGHNESS! In a few years, if he goes to the combine, he can just show up and tell all the scouts how tough he is. I think he will be a 1st round pick on toughness alone.

Reactions: marshall23
I love the guy who calls Barkley "overrated but desent."

Barkley is average at best. McSorely sucks. The oline can't block. The receivers are okay.

Guess this means the offense will be averaging 90 points per gamin a few years, once we are seeing the full effect of JF's big recruiting classes.

Barkley is average at best. McSorely sucks. The oline can't block. The receivers are okay.

Guess this means the offense will be averaging 90 points per gamin a few years, once we are seeing the full effect of JF's big recruiting classes.

LOL, They are too stupid to realize that, while insulting the PSU players, they are really insulting their own coach and team. I mean those overrated, crappy PSU Players put 39 and 33 on them in successive years*.
* For the pitt fans: that means years in a row.

Reactions: m48tank

Don't forget the ACC is a superior conference and Pitt would have been 11-1 if they had PSU's schedule.

One for the road....Paris Ford is the big time receiver to put them over the top....has he played a down of college football? Thought he was a db, but they don't want him "wasted" there.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that PSU is the reason Pitt is not eligible for a bowl game.

33 (PSU) 14 (losers)

Reactions: john4psu
Here is my new personal favorite. Keep in mind Pickett is a true freshman that played 1 game.

McSorley and Pickett are not similar in the least. Pickett has a much stronger arm, more accurate than McSorley, and he's smarter than McSorley. He also has more guts than McSorley.

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/pickett-to-ford.122165/

I HIGHLY recommend this read to everyone. I had a coworker ask me if i was alright due to laughing. This is pure GOLD!!! They cannot be this delusional can they?

One for the road....Paris Ford is the big time receiver to put them over the top....has he played a down of college football? Thought he was a db, but they don't want him "wasted" there.

There is always one savior on the horizon for the losers on The Lair. Pitt gets one good recruit a year and they spend every waking moment obsessing over the kid because they think that one player is the player who is going to take them to the promise land, which is 8-4 for Pitt.

It was Whitehead, Hamlin, and now Ford. They obsessed over Ford playing this year and convinced themselves every week that if he was playing there was no way Pitt could ever lose.

That's the kind of mentality fans have when they only recruit one stud a year, and there is no guarantee that that stud ever even pans out. For teams like PSU who recruit classes full of 4 and 5 star kids we don't have to put all of our eggs in one 18 year old's basket. Most of the time we have to wait years to see if those guys are going to live up to the billing because our program is not a train wreck and we aren't trying to make an 18 year old kid our savior.

Listening to 93.7 TheFan, they were getting off on Moorhead leaving. One host said it will be devastating for Penn State. Franklin can't coach and Moohead saved his job. He said that Pitt's future looks brighter now than Penn State's because of the Moorhead loss and because of Pitt's big win over Miami and they found their star QB for the next 2 or 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT