ADVERTISEMENT

Per ESPN, Steelers are trading a 6th round pick for Fields.

Once again the haters come forward: this is how you can tell the Steelers made another great move. So far Khan has been outstanding. Done more in 1 years than Colbert did in the last 10. Got rid of cancers in Pickett and Dionte, cut Peterson who should have retired 3 years ago, added Russ and Fields to upgrade the qb room, and added Queen to form one of the best 3-4 lb rooms in the league.

And the haters are ABSOLUTELY HATING IT 😂

Once again the haters come forward: this is how you can tell the Steelers made another great move. So far Khan has been outstanding. Done more in 1 years than Colbert did in the last 10. Got rid of cancers in Pickett and Dionte, cut Peterson who should have retired 3 years ago, added Russ and Fields to upgrade the qb room, and added Queen to form one of the best 3-4 lb rooms in the league.

Haters. Ha ha. You mean laughers. We have Lamar Jackson and you have Manny, Moe and Jack.

Last edited:

Steelers fans here so I come in peace but not sure these QB moves markedly change the on field results. We still have Tomlin and the opposition still has Mahomes. Burrow. Allen etc. Maybe we can win a playoff game??? Maybe. Hoping Russ has a great season and we can develop Fields more than the Bears could.

Steelers fans here so I come in peace but not sure these QB moves markedly change the on field results. We still have Tomlin and the opposition still has Mahomes. Burrow. Allen etc. Maybe we can win a playoff game??? Maybe. Hoping Russ has a great season and we can develop Fields more than the Bears could.
They upgraded QB as much as they possibly could. Not sure what you wanted them to do. They weren't firing Tomlin if that's what you wanted.

They upgraded QB as much as they possibly could. Not sure what you wanted them to do. They weren't firing Tomlin if that's what you wanted.
I get that but as fans let's not celebrate this like we are now odds on favorites to win the Super Bowl. I kind of hope we have a meh season and Tomlin exits stage left.

Lamar Jackson is 2-4 career vs the Steelers. He’s also a massive choke artist in the playoffs. Congrats on the MVPs, he’ll never win more than that. Thanks for Queen, btw. We now have the best LB corp in the NFL.

Are the Steelers SB contenders now? Probably not. But the revamp job Kahn did this offseason was masterful. Steelers fans are having a moment because this is isn’t the typical rebuild mode of a more traditional front office of the organization. Russ is a crafty vet that’s won at the highest level that had a terrible roster in DEN. And Fields has franchise QB potential with the right fit. The Steelers are truly a QB and WR away IMO. Especially given their QB room was Pickett, Trubisky, and Rudolph a week ago. All at the cost of a primanti’s sandwich.

Mahomes is the biggest threat in the AFC by far - I mean he’s the biggest threat to win the SB regardless of division or conference. You win the SB by getting through KC.

Lamar Jackson is 2-4 career vs the Steelers. He’s also a massive choke artist in the playoffs. Congrats on the MVPs, he’ll never win more than that. Thanks for Queen, btw. We now have the best LB corp in the NFL.

Are the Steelers SB contenders now? Probably not. But the revamp job Kahn did this offseason was masterful. Steelers fans are having a moment because this is isn’t the typical rebuild mode of a more traditional front office of the organization. Russ is a crafty vet that’s won at the highest level that had a terrible roster in DEN. And Fields has franchise QB potential with the right fit. The Steelers are truly a QB and WR away IMO. Especially given their QB room was Pickett, Trubisky, and Rudolph a week ago. All at the cost of a primanti’s sandwich.

Mahomes is the biggest threat in the AFC by far - I mean he’s the biggest threat to win the SB regardless of division or conference. You win the SB by getting through KC.
They need a center and o tackle,

And they have to win this year because the d stars are fading. Heyeard and Fitz are probably in their last seasons. Watt ….won’t be long before he follows them out the door.

One good thing….. when those three leave it will open up more cap space and Kahn and team have shown great talent at working the system,

Reactions: bison13

While our quarterback is gearing up for another run at the number one seed you guys enjoy the next installment of Tomlin’s Reign of Average.

Last edited:

I agree, I'm not convinced this is a big talent upgrade over Rudolf, although I do expect a small bump. However, the cap savings from these moves allows the Steelers to address other positions.

Those who don’t think this was a good plan could have tried the Vikings pathway. They made it to the NFC Championship 7 years ago on the back of a journeyman QB. As a Viking fan I was hoping for an upgrade at other spots, particularly on D, since I argue that if you can make it to that game, QB is not your biggest problem. Instead they got excited by shiny things, signed Cousins for $88M, blew up their cap so couldn’t address the other spots and barely sniffed the playoffs and won one playoff game in 6 years with Cousins. Despite his stats….its an abject failure since the bar was set the year before he arrived.

The Steelers weren't getting a Mahomes, Allen or Burrow, but even if it’s just a little upgrade, the QB room IS better. But man….there is now money to spend elsewhere. The Steelers bar is just squeaking into the playoffs….right now. I’m betting this move turns out better than how the Vikes handled it.

While our quarterback is gearing up for another run at the number one seed you guys enjoy the next installment of Tomlin’s Reign of Average.
Being the one-seed only to know you're going to lose a home playoff game isn't impactful
Cincinnati's the favorite in the North right now regardless. Ravens Browns and Steelers all benefited from Burrow being out.

Those who don’t think this was a good plan could have tried the Vikings pathway. They made it to the NFC Championship 7 years ago on the back of a journeyman QB. As a Viking fan I was hoping for an upgrade at other spots, particularly on D, since I argue that if you can make it to that game, QB is not your biggest problem. Instead they got excited by shiny things, signed Cousins for $88M, blew up their cap so couldn’t address the other spots and barely sniffed the playoffs and won one playoff game in 6 years with Cousins. Despite his stats….its an abject failure since the bar was set the year before he arrived.

The Steelers weren't getting a Mahomes, Allen or Burrow, but even if it’s just a little upgrade, the QB room IS better. But man….there is now money to spend elsewhere. The Steelers bar is just squeaking into the playoffs….right now. I’m betting this move turns out better than how the Vikes handled it.
It’s focusing on this year before Heyward, Fitzpatrick, and Watt retire. Without them the D will fall apart. They need to win this year.

Will Fields excel and lead the team for years? Maybe. But his is a one year deal with an option that must acted on May 2nd….. long before any games or even any practices. I suspect they are negotiating for an extension prior to that but he still won’t sign cheap.

I am impressed by the respect he gets from management, the fans, and most importantly his teammates. Appears he is a great guy, something the Steelers haven’t had at QB for decades and truly need in that locker room.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Being the one-seed only to know you're going to lose a home playoff game isn't impactful
Cincinnati's the favorite in the North right now regardless. Ravens Browns and Steelers all benefited from Burrow being out.
This one time I went to band camp and met this really stupid guy at band camp. And everything he said at band camp was wrong. In fact everything this guy at band camp said, the exact opposite was true. At band camp.

This one time I went to band camp and met this really stupid guy at band camp. And everything he said at band camp was wrong. In fact everything this guy at band camp said, the exact opposite was true. At band camp.
I know reality is sad for you

They need a center and o tackle,

And they have to win this year because the d stars are fading. Heyeard and Fitz are probably in their last seasons. Watt ….won’t be long before he follows them out the door.

One good thing….. when those three leave it will open up more cap space and Kahn and team have shown great talent at working the system,
Fitzpatrick is only 27 years old and was a 1st team All-Pro in 2022. He had a bunch of injuries and was used to cover for others in 2023. He is many years left.

It’s focusing on this year before Heyward, Fitzpatrick, and Watt retire. Without them the D will fall apart. They need to win this year.

Will Fields excel and lead the team for years? Maybe. But his is a one year deal with an option that must acted on May 2nd….. long before any games or even any practices. I suspect they are negotiating for an extension prior to that but he still won’t sign cheap.

I am impressed by the respect he gets from management, the fans, and most importantly his teammates. Appears he is a great guy, something the Steelers haven’t had at QB for decades and truly need in that locker room.
I don't expect the Steelers to even consider picking up the option year. Other teams weren't beating the door down to pick him up and with Wilson as the starter Fields won't have much more on his resume at thend of next season, so if the Steelers like him it would seem they could get a multi year contract at a reasonable rate.

But then again lots could change by then. The Steelers may draft a QB in this year's draft. Wilson could play very well this coming year and the Steelers may try and sign him for a couple more years. Other trades. It seems we'll have to wait until after this coming season to see what direction Kahn takes the QB position, but he could surprise us in April....

I don't expect the Steelers to even consider picking up the option year. Other teams weren't beating the door down to pick him up and with Wilson as the starter Fields won't have much more on his resume at thend of next season, so if the Steelers like him it would seem they could get a multi year contract at a reasonable rate.

But then again lots could change by then. The Steelers may draft a QB in this year's draft. Wilson could play very well this coming year and the Steelers may try and sign him for a couple more years. Other trades. It seems we'll have to wait until after this coming season to see what direction Kahn takes the QB position, but he could surprise us in April....
But they have to act on the option by May 2nd and it’s over $25 million, which they will never do.

Since no one busted down the doors to get him he may realize his value is much lower and accept a much lower offer before May 2nd. I would expect him to sign a one or two year extension by then for around $5-6 million.

But who knows🤷🏿‍♂️ If they pick a QB in first or second round it’s a whole new ballgame

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT