ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsylvania Bowl Team payouts...Temple/Pitt/Penn State (Guess who gets the most?)

We would be better off if we left. We did incredibly well financially as an independent and Notre Dame is, apparently, doing quite well under it's (semi-independent) football arrangement with the ACC. Beyond that, sometimes the money isn't worth being sh*t on. TV ratings history indicated that Penn State is a draw no matter what conference they are in. If we moved to the ACC, it would elevate their status (and payouts) in the next contract negotiations.
You wouldn't be bringing much to the ACC that they don't already have, and I don't think you would elevate their status as you haven't been that good as of late. If you were in the ACC right now though, you would most likely displace Pitt in their bowl slot.

But don't worry. The BOT will find more victims that they can give that money to.

The women's soccer team won another national championship for PSU. You will find more reasons to complain about the AD, President, and Bot.

You wouldn't be bringing much to the ACC that they don't already have, and I don't think you would elevate their status as you haven't been that good as of late. If you were in the ACC right now though, you would most likely displace Pitt in their bowl slot.

Uhhh... because of the unjust sanctions. PSU was very good in the range of 2005-2012.

2005: 11-1-0 (the one loss was in the worst officiated game in the history of CFB)
2006: 9-4-0 (OOC loss to ND)
2007: 9-4-0
2008: 11-2-0 (Iowa game only lost due to terrible PI call, USC destroyed PSU)
2009: 11-2-0
2010: 7-5-0 (Alabama/Florida losses)
2011: 9-4-0 (Was a great year until unjust sanctions hit)

We bring national exposure, high TV ratings, and fans (lot of them). While we have been down recently (by our standards) prior to Sandusky, in 2011, we were the highest ranked BigTen team on ESPN (this from a January, 2011 article)
"Since beginning conference competition in 1993, Penn State leads the Big Ten in TV ratings—owning seven of the top 15 most viewed Big Ten games on ESPN to rank first among conference squads". We would be a prize catch for any conference.

Reactions: Marshall30
Temple in Boca Raton...............$400,000
Pitt in Military......................... $1,000,000
Penn State in Tax Slayer........$3,500,000
And that will get us nothing. Pitt, Temple and Penn State would all make the same amount this year if they went to the playoffs or to no bowl. They all would get the same pay out from their conference. I don't see why any of us care. I think Temple actually has the best location.

Last edited:
We would be better off if we left. We did incredibly well financially as an independent and Notre Dame is, apparently, doing quite well under it's (semi-independent) football arrangement with the ACC. Beyond that, sometimes the money isn't worth being sh*t on. TV ratings history indicated that Penn State is a draw no matter what conference they are in. If we moved to the ACC, it would elevate their status (and payouts) in the next contract negotiations.
Penn State would make much less in the ACC. Even adding Penn State it would not bring enough money to make what they make in the B1G.

Last edited:
Uhhh... because of the unjust sanctions. PSU was very good in the range of 2005-2012.

2005: 11-1-0 (the one loss was in the worst officiated game in the history of CFB)
2006: 9-4-0 (OOC loss to ND)
2007: 9-4-0
2008: 11-2-0 (Iowa game only lost due to terrible PI call, USC destroyed PSU)
2009: 11-2-0
2010: 7-5-0 (Alabama/Florida losses)
2011: 9-4-0 (Was a great year until unjust sanctions hit)
There were no sanctions in 2011. The sanctions weren't placed on PSU until the middle of 2012.

There were no sanctions in 2011. The sanctions weren't placed on PSU until the middle of 2012.

So the unjust firing of Joe Paterno, a man who did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do, and has been praised by the AG... is not a sanction? Sure it wasn't handed down (and subsequently removed) by the NCAA, but you know exactly what I mean. I'm not up for a game of semantics.

sanction synonyms: penalty, punishment

Obviously the Penn State brand remains far more lucrative than pitt's or temple's.

That's a shame.

You're such a clueless clown.

Reactions: fairgambit
AAC pools all bowl money and pays for all expenses for the teams. The rest of the money is distributed evenly to the conference. Temple will not lose money.

Also, the reason Temple is in Boco is for TV ratings. ESPN owns this bowl and wanted a team that would pull big ratings.

Wanted a team that would pull in big ratings...Temple...now that right there is funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT