ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Glory injured

IndyLion1

May 29, 2001
Pat Glory just hurt his right shoulder against Lehigh in the final 10 seconds of his match. He landed on his head ackwardly. He was clearly in a lot of pain holding his shoulder and limping as he left the mat.

Pat Glory

Last edited:
Pat Glory just hurt his right shoulder against Lehigh in the final 10 seconds of his match. He landed on his head/neck ackwardly. He was clearly in a lot of pain and as he left the mat.
Damn. Hope it’s nice too serious. He was the only guy in the incredibly weak 125 that might have at least made it interesting for Lee.

Rugged sport that rivals football for the rate of injuries. No other sport is close.

Hate it for the kids that don't get to chase their dreams.

Reactions: Wilco43
Sounds like Glory is doing better after the meet. Here's a quote from him post match...

“Right after the match it was really bad, it’s feeling better now,” said Glory. “It’s starting to loosen up, but I thought I broke my neck or popped my shoulder out. Everything went numb on my right side. That scared me a little bit. I couldn’t really move my arm, couldn’t really lift it, but it was the same feeling I got from NCAA finals.

“It’s been kind of giving me a little issue and try to moderate it the best I can. Certain positions it’s giving me problems, and I have to mitigate it and figure out how to wrestle through it.”

Sounds like Glory is doing better after the meet. Here's a quote from him post match...

“Right after the match it was really bad, it’s feeling better now,” said Glory. “It’s starting to loosen up, but I thought I broke my neck or popped my shoulder out. Everything went numb on my right side. That scared me a little bit. I couldn’t really move my arm, couldn’t really lift it, but it was the same feeling I got from NCAA finals.

“It’s been kind of giving me a little issue and try to moderate it the best I can. Certain positions it’s giving me problems, and I have to mitigate it and figure out how to wrestle through it.”
Bad shoulder? That shouldn’t be a problem if he wrestles Lee 🙄

The way 125 is playing out its the most dramatic non dramatic weight I can think of for a while. We most likely know who's winning but will watch so closely. See how conference tournaments play out.

Reactions: AgSurfer
It wouldn't be an issue if Spencer wasn't allowed to run a chronically potentially dangerous chicken wing.

I've seen Iowa fans complain about it getting called PD while it is 100% a textbook definition of a PD hold. They should not let him get away with turning guys with it unless the arm straight across the back.

Actually I know of 3 who fit that category if you also count NCAA finalists. All are former PIAA champions.

Actually I know of 3 who fit that category if you also count NCAA finalists. All are former PIAA champions.
Martin, Sefter, Lynch and Joyner off the top of my head. I figured it would be OK to claim Sefter also, considering he is a Centre County native and Princeton wouldn't mind. Throw Paul Shuey in there also, state champion wrestler Penn State LB.

Martin, Sefter, Lynch and Joyner off the top of my head. I figured it would be OK to claim Sefter also, considering he is a Centre County native and Princeton wouldn't mind. Throw Paul Shuey in there also, state champion wrestler Penn State LB.
You named a few more that I didn’t think about. I had Martin and Joyner in mind, but also Geoff Baum from Allentown. PIAA champion in 1967 (along with Joyner) and 2X NCAA champion at Ok State.

Not really PSU related, but it is Pennsylvania and wrestling related. Isaac Greeley was a wrestler from Port Allegheny, PA who became an All-American at UPJ and later became a chiropractor. It wouldn't surprise me that he's worked on a few PSU wrestlers over the years.

Not really PSU related, but it is Pennsylvania and wrestling related. Isaac Greeley was a wrestler from Port Allegheny, PA who became an All-American at UPJ and later became a chiropractor. It wouldn't surprise me that he's worked on a few PSU wrestlers over the years.
Tough kid. Saw him at UPJ a few times. Didn't know that was his calling.

Reactions: billrag
My chiropractor in Newtown is also a former wrestler, not from Penn State or anywhere sexy like that, but there seems to be a natural synergy between wrestling and chiropractic.

Reactions: ccdiver and hlstone
the similarities of wrestling and chiropractics
they all like to inflict pain And smile while doing so.
When you leave you feel great and will show up again…
and if you ever try to explain it to someone they won’t understand.

Reactions: nitlion6
⁰.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT