ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12’s & Valencia

psuflyguy

Mar 23, 2013
Did the PAC 12 tournament start yet? Is Valencia’s indefinite suspension over?

I was checking for the brackets this morning but couldn't find them. I did find them a few min ago and he isn't on them. This was an incredible thing.

Reactions: parchy
I was checking for the brackets this morning but couldn't find them. I did find them a few min ago and he isn't on them. This was an incredible thing.
Seriously shocking, and damaging to the sport to have such a star not even compete in his final NCAA’s. It’s a pity, but the rules are the rules. I’m really curious about his eligibility at trials. It would seem they would need to decide one way or the other soon if they haven’t already.

Last edited:
It is too sad to see a career end like this. I hope he can overcome this and move on to be successful in life, if not in wrestling.

Where can you find updates on tournaments other then Big Ten? I can't find Big 12 or Pac only one I see is EIWA

Seriously shocking, and damaging to the sport to have such a star not even compete in his final NCAA’s. It’s a pity, but the rules are the rules. I’m really curious about his eligibility at trials. It would seem they would need to decide one way or the other soon if they haven’t already.
Meh.....maybe not. The sport will now enjoy a much more interesting 184 at NCAA.

Painkillers are much more performance enhancing than cocaine but yet I'm sure there are many wrestlers with opiod exemptions. I don't believe he was doing it right before matches. His sinuses would be clear tho.

Nothing confirmed except he failed some test from someone and is indefinitely suspended. Cocaine is the persistent rumor though.

And now that he did not wrestle the conference tourney his NCAA career is done.

Painkillers are much more performance enhancing than cocaine but yet I'm sure there are many wrestlers with opiod exemptions. I don't believe he was doing it right before matches. His sinuses would be clear tho.

Really? Widespread opiod exemptions in college wrestling? Perhaps I'm terribly naive, but I'd be surprised if this is true.

Reactions: danoftw
You might want to revisit Cocaine’s real value as immediate performance enhancer because it is real. Minimizing it is wrong at best.

Doesn't matter. Whatever Valencia took was on the prohibited list. He was responsible for not taking it, and held accountable when he did.
bad-boys-bad-boys-whatcha-gonna-do

Doesn't matter. Whatever Valencia took was on the prohibited list. He was responsible for not taking it, and held accountable when he did.
^^ This. One can disagree with the rules, but when the words below, or similar, are on every drug/alcohol test protocol form/procedure/policy, it's impossible to defend a positive test from a "didn't know", or "it shouldn't be banned' standpoint.

"Any substance that is chemically related to one of the above classes, even if it is not listed as an example, is also banned!"

"It is your responsibility to check with the appropriate or designated athletics staff before using any substance."

Reactions: Conewago
But what if ten Amazon vixens held him against his will and forced him to do drugs with them, and he doesn’t fight against girls because he’s a gentleman? Isn’t there a Ten-Amazons exception in the rules? :)

"Any substance that is chemically related to one of the above classes, even if it is not listed as an example, is also banned!"

"It is your responsibility to check with the appropriate or designated athletics staff before using any substance."[/QUOTE]

I could see this conversation now:
“Hello? Is the the compliance department? I know it’s early. This is Zahid. Well, you see...I don’t know how to say this so I’ll just say it. I’m in Rome and I just won this gold medal. I met 2 incredibly hot Italian twins in the piazza. They want me to go back to their flat to do a few lines and, well...you know. Do you see any problem with this?”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT