ADVERTISEMENT

Report: conference to announce disciplinary action against Michigan this afternoon

Since I'm sure we've already changed our signals - which is really the bigger penalty to PSU, having to go and make that change in the middle of the season with limited time - I'm not sure what benefit there is to PSU to have Jimmy or anyone suspended. I'd rather just have them have uncertainty but not have any "penalties" enforced while we play them.

Or if there is going to be a penalty, just ben them from the Big Ten championship game. Edit: or a financial penalty (withholding TV/bowl money).

Anything else just gives them an excuse if/when we beat them.

• Haha
Reactions: bluehair666
Especially “when” we win. They will do everything possible to help OSU be the Big East Winner.
What really sucks, is after we win, we have to pull for those cheating bastards to beat OSU!!!*

*Unless the west tiebreaker is not in our favor at that point.

• Haha
What really sucks, is after we win, we have to pull for those cheating bastards to beat OSU!!!*

*Unless the west tiebreaker is not in our favor at that point.
fondly recalling y'alls confidence last year pregame...gonna end the same way

Let's be real--the Big Ten is doing everything possible right now to figure out what is going to cause them the least amount of criticism. They mishandled this situation and now they don't know what to do.
OK, so lets say they do nothing an UM wins. In the investigation, it is found that UM used stolen signs to beat UM. Do you think the B1G and/or NCAA would escape culpability? IMHO, it is like having an employee be accused of something. The first thing HR does is suspend him/her with pay until the investigation is completed. If they don't, and the accused does damage, the company's liability is huge. Suspension with pay is not considered punishment.

OK, so lets say they do nothing an UM wins. In the investigation, it is found that UM used stolen signs to beat UM. Do you think the B1G and/or NCAA would escape culpability? IMHO, it is like having an employee be accused of something. The first thing HR does is suspend him/her with pay until the investigation is completed. If they don't, and the accused does damage, the company's liability is huge. Suspension with pay is not considered punishment.
I agree about the suspension with pay being acceptable but they had plenty of time to do that and haven't.
Yes, the Big Ten and NCAA are fine in that scenario if they don't take action yet.

keep quiet, that doesn't fit the narrative
Sounding a bit like Tucker C w invoking "The Narrative" as a defense
... in your honest opinion is this whole bluster just much ado about nothing?

If so why would Michigan fold on an honest (Faux) Michigan Man like Conor S who clearly is a Great American who has served our nation?

Surely it is just all The Haters who find all of these purported "Facts" as Real News.

Stalions is now enshrined as a Legend. Does Michigan want to castrate him as a renegade in the Chuck Person (Auburn) or Book Richardson (U of A) hoops rouge manner? Seems so. Maybe use a spare vacuum to suck up his nuts from the floor...

By brooming him there is at least some recognition that maybe something isn' t right in The Big House. RIGHT?

Whether we win or lose tomorrow, the Stain of Conor Stalions will remain on any UM "win" that he was associated with. Resigning for the greater good is bullshit. Dude and UM are caught. Now it is just a matter of severity of penalty and timing.

Wouldn't you agree? Or am I just a Pedophile because your Jim Dandy Assistant Coach military superstar fell back to Earth (with a thud heard from Ann Arbor, to Columbus, to State College)?

Sometimes the truth is simple. In this case there isn't much rationale to legitimize him and his actions.

# Just Win Baby/Wolverines!

Al Davis would be proud of Jimmah!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I agree about the suspension with pay being acceptable but they had plenty of time to do that and haven't.
Yes, the Big Ten and NCAA are fine in that scenario if they don't take action yet.
I don't agree that they had "plenty of time". UM has resisted all along. Stalions only resigned, and admitted cheating, on Nov. 3rd (7 days ago). The B1G needs to know if anyone else was in on it. In other words, did Stalioins act alone or were others at UM part of a conspiracy? And if not actively part of a conspiracy, should they HAVE known? Don't forget, Fitz was suspended for something their investigation said he didn't actively know but was then FIRED because they felt he should have known.

There is a lot to uncover. If I am the B1G and NCAA right now, I am considering if there is enough evidence to warrant paid suspension pending the outcome of the full investigation. I suspect they made that decision and informed UM three days ago. UM replied yesterday with their ten-page rambling manifesto complete with legal threats. Ball is in B1G's court.

Reactions: Jerry

If so why would Michigan fold on an honest (Faux) Michigan Man like Conor S who clearly is a Great American who has served our nation?

Surely it is just all The Haters who find all of these purported "Facts" as Real News.

Stalions is now enshrined as a Legend. Does Michigan want to castrate him as a renegade in the Chuck Person (Auburn) or Book Richardson (U of A) hoops rouge manner? Seems so. Maybe use a spare vacuum to suck up his nuts from the floor...

By brooming him there is at least some recognition that maybe something isn' t right in The Big House. RIGHT?

Whether we win or lose tomorrow, the Stain of Conor Stalions will remain on any UM "win" that he was associated with. Resigning for the greater good is bullshit. Dude and UM are caught. Now it is just a matter of severity of penalty and timing.

Wouldn't you agree? Or am I just a Pedophile because your Jim Dandy Assistant Coach military superstar fell back to Earth (with a thud heard from Ann Arbor, to Columbus, to State College)?

Sometimes the truth is simple. In this case there isn't much rationale to legitimize him and his actions.

Yeah...the result doesn't matter. Did they illegally scout? Did they use this to their advantage? If I intended to rob the bank but ran away without the money, or if I said I'd give the money back, the crime was still committed.

I don't agree that they had "plenty of time". UM has resisted all along. Stalions only resigned, and admitted cheating, on Nov. 3rd (7 days ago). The B1G needs to know if anyone else was in on it. In other words, did Stalioins act alone or were others at UM part of a conspiracy? And if not actively part of a conspiracy, should they HAVE known? Don't forget, Fitz was suspended for something their investigation said he didn't actively know but was then FIRED because they felt he should have known.

There is a lot to uncover. If I am the B1G and NCAA right now, I am considering if there is enough evidence to warrant paid suspension pending the outcome of the full investigation. I suspect they made that decision and informed UM three days ago. UM replied yesterday with their ten-page rambling manifesto complete with legal threats. Ball is in B1G's court.
How have they not had "plenty of time"? Of course Michigan resisted--who wouldn't? Stallions technically didn't admit to cheating, right? I'll have to look at his statement again. He just said all his actions were on his own. It could be implied but definitely not stated if I recall correctly.

Fitz wasn't suspended by the Big Ten though. That's a different level entirely. Michigan acting vs the Big Ten acting is a huge difference.

Well, the NCAA definitely can't do anything right now. The Big Ten screwed themselves by not suspending Harbaugh while investigating. Now the claim is they did.

The Michigan response wasn't as bad as people claim.

My main issue is that no matter what the Big Ten decides, Michigan already has a distinct advantage this weekend by having stolen the signs. If PSU were stupid enough to not changed the signs, then UM would know the plays being called. If, more likely, PSU has changed the signs, then they have wasted valuable practice time coming up with new signs and having the players learn them - time that would have been better used going towards actually y'know learning and perfecting plays for this weekend's game.

Harbaugh getting suspended ain't changing any of that.

As of an hour ago, Harbaugh had boarded the team bus enroute to the airport. With each passing hour it seems less likely that he'll be suspended...for this week's game at least.

I mean, if they wait for Michigan's plane to touch down in Happy Valley and then announce a suspension, they will play into the school's strategy of pretending to be the victim in all this.

That said, after all the drama of the last week, it seems like the league has boxed itself into a corner now and has to do something meaningful or look totally ridiculous.

As of an hour ago, Harbaugh had boarded the team bus enroute to the airport. With each passing hour it seems less likely that he'll be suspended...for this week's game at least.

I mean, if they wait for Michigan's plane to touch down in Happy Valley and then announce a suspension, they will play into the school's strategy of pretending to be the victim in all this.

That said, after all the drama of the last week, it seems like the league has boxed itself into a corner now and has to do something meaningful or look totally ridiculous.

Championship ban and/or withholding revenue are the right call here. Suspending coaches is relatively meaningless.

• Haha

I agree. It would be odd to not let him coach our game at this point. Why not wait until Sunday or Monday?

My main issue is that no matter what the Big Ten decides, Michigan already has a distinct advantage this weekend by having stolen the signs. If PSU were stupid enough to not changed the signs, then UM would know the plays being called. If, more likely, PSU has changed the signs, then they have wasted valuable practice time coming up with new signs and having the players learn them - time that would have been better used going towards actually y'know learning and perfecting plays for this weekend's game.

Harbaugh getting suspended ain't changing any of that.
All true. And perhaps the worst part is some confusion by players on the new signs leading to botched plays.

Could lead to throwing interceptions. Fumbles on handoffs as backs/QBs go wrong way. Broken defensive coverage leading to opponents TDs.

Even just the confusion lining up leading to delay of game calls. Players reaction time diminished. Smaller playbook because of trying to simplify new signs.

Potentially a major impact.

honestly thought your question was rhetorical...the result of the play was a TD..2 things, it was 3rd and goal from the 4..no reasonable person would expect anything other than a pass in that situation from the 2022 buckeyes, so all the pearl clutching about "pointing to the sky" is moot..secondly, they scored a TD, demonstrating that even if UM did have their signals, it didn't gain them an advantage on that play.

Blue hair, by having the info, U of M was probably in the perfect defense, offenses can still beat a perfect defense, but the margin for error is smaller. So to say that no advantage was gained is not true. No one bites on play action if the defense knows that it is a pass.

Blue hair, by having the info, U of M was probably in the perfect defense, offenses can still beat a perfect defense, but the margin for error is smaller. So to say that no advantage was gained is not true. No one bites on play action if the defense knows that it is a pass.
no one bites on play action on 3rd and goal from the 4 because it's the buckeyes...osu has passed in that same situation almost every game since 2021, lol, it's literally who they are on 3rd and short...doesn't take stealing signs

I'll remember @bluehair666 comments the next time I see a team convert a third and thirteen or a Hail Mary. it is a game of probabilities and analytics. It isn't an exact science.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
BREAKING: The Big Ten is expected discipline Michigan for the in the in-person scouting and ongoing sign stealing investigation and will prohibit Jim Harbaugh from being on the sideline until the conclusion of the regular season. He will be allowed to coach during the week.

Dear God. Pathetic...
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1723075635185373448

BREAKING: The Big Ten is expected discipline Michigan for the in the in-person scouting and ongoing sign stealing investigation and will prohibit Jim Harbaugh from being on the sideline until the conclusion of the regular season. He will be allowed to coach during the week.

Dear God. Pathetic...

What's the point?

Reactions: Jerry

Dear God. Pathetic...
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1723075635185373448
Because any real action ends in disaster for the conference. This is them trying to appease the public.

I believe a court will delay until the Spring. Petitti can say I did everything possible.

A compromise with both sides half happy and half angry.

I guess their thinking may be that Stalions is gone and Jimmah should be held accountable for whatever institutional misconduct has absolutely, positively been proven beyond ANY doubt.

Plus the other recruiting charge means the he is at least a 2 time offender and will be found guilty of something. Not a rush to judgement but also not a get out of jail free card.

The last 3 games are a bit harder than the first three of the year

Reactions: joeaubie21
I guess their thinking may be that Stalions is gone and Jimmah should be held accountable for whatever institutional misconduct has absolutely, positively been proven beyond ANY doubt.

Plus the other recruiting charge means the he is at least a 2 time offender and will be found guilty of something. Not a rush to judgement but also not a get out of jail free card.

The last 3 games are a bit harder than the first three of the year

He's still doing all of the prep work during the week.

Maybe he can borrow Stalions' stubhub account and buy himself a good seat.

WE should hire Stallions. UM fired him.

Dude would definitely be trustworthy enough to not sabotage us against Michigan.

I thought Portnoy from Barstool was going to hire him and pay him to go record Ohio State's sideline every week and upload it to youtube.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT