ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Propane Grills

I have a big green egg and am satisfied with it. Spendy for certain, but I am admittedly cheap.

I have made the switch as well... I use my Green Egg for everything 99% of the time. The new design allows it to heat up very quickly for steaks/burgers/chicken etc besides the smoking, add in the flavor and taste and its not even close. I still use my Weber when time is of the utmost importance the gas gets the light but other than that my Weber sits there covered up looking lonely...

Bought this version of Weber grill about 15 years used for $100 about 15 years ago and think it was at least 10 years old at that time. Still works fine.
s-l640.jpg
I helped build one of these for the mansion in Buckhead that my company rented for the 96 Olympics. My boss gifted it to me when I bought a house in 98. Like everyone else I monkeyed around to fix it, found a scrapped hood and replaced some parts. New flavor bars every other year. Lasted 20 years!

You use different tools to smoke vs grill. You should keep your grill, and then if you want to smoke something get a smoker

whelp.... talked her into a pit boss pellet grill. WOW...... so damn easy to make really good food. Took it to the beach and a buddy and I did a 19 hour cook on a brisket. Was AMAZING. Everything I’ve cooked on it so far has been great.

RecTec or Yoder ($) or Green Mountain?
My dad has a green mountain. He loves it. He modified it to fit his rotisserie setup with no problem. It has a taller grill area than Traegers so he can do rotisserie turkeys and large cuts

I've used it several times since I'm his cook when they have picnics. The only thing I don't like is when you open the grill you get blasted by heat and smoke. It's due to the curve of the door and the angle it opens at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT