ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 Phillies Thread.....

Thanks, I didn't know it started again. 4-1 now Phils I see

yeah, the Phils sent 8 men to the plate in the top of the 6th, and scored 4 runs (3 after Quinn's HR). Quinn's was the only extra base hit. Everything else was a single. Good things can happen when the ball is put in play.

Reactions: royboy
good grief. Victor Arano decides to throw batting practice in the bottom of the 6th, giving up a 2-run HR and a solo shot in the 2nd deck, allowing the Nats to retake the lead, 5-4, in the bottom of the 6th, before he's taken out with 1 out in the inning.

Holy hell they bunted and it worked. Now up to Rhys. Put this day down in your diary.

so much for that. Phils get their 1st 2 batters on, and score no runs. Hoskins was late on a fastball for strike 3, and then Cabrera grounded out to 1st to end the inning

Yaksel pours some gas on the fire. WTF is that guy doing on the roster?

Wasn’t hard predicting this.

So Eflin is batting 8th and can't even get a bunt down. That was putrid. Thankfully Quinn picked him up.

How did Kapler not pull him in the 3rd inning? This guy didn't have much experience before this year, and for a guy who micro manages his teeth cleaning, his selections are very curious. Now Neris back in after yesterday's debacle.

Santana with a PH double plates Nick Williams, as the Phils retake the lead in the top of the 6th, 6-5

Quinn with great D in LF in bottom of the 9th to take away a bloop shot by Harper. Hoskins would not have been in the same zip code as the ball had he been out there.

Seranthony gets the 1st two batters out, and is 1-2 on Soto. Soto took a pitch that was just off the plate with that count. Then he fouls off a pitch to hold at 2-2. Then Soto hits it just inside the foul line in RF for a double. Seranthony's fastball was too fat on that pitch. Zimmerman to the plate with the tying run on 2nd. Ball 1. Then a called strike. Then Alfaro with a lucky block, 2-1. Then Zimmerman hits one that is out, no, they call it off the top of the fence. On replay, it looks to be a HR. New York is reviewing it, and it's a walkoff HR for Zimmerman. Seranthony gives up 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th, and the Phils lose the game. And the frustration continues

****ing bases loaded. 1 out in the 8th and Cabrera pops ups.

****ing bit them in the ass big time

Jeez another blown game. I know there is still time and several games against ATL, but I think the last few weeks have shown me that they will not make the playoffs.

Reactions: PSUoh90
I agree....they are cooked. I do not think they have much left in the tank pitching wise. I hope I am wrong. But....Not looking good
As I said at the beginning of the season, .500 would be good for this team. But they are young. Nola got knocked about when he was younger--but not so much now.

As I said at the beginning of the season, .500 would be good for this team. But they are young. Nola got knocked about when he was younger--but not so much now.
Yeah, Nola seems legit as a solid All-Star pitcher (knock on wood for injuries); one of the problems is there is not another All-Star on the team, a guy who will rise to the occasion during a Pennant race. Franco and Hoskins are plus overall players, and others may reach that.

Unfortunately for today, Nola is going vs Sherzer, who is entirely capable of shutting down the Phillies. It's still August, so this race is not over, but it sure would be nice to see more signs of life.

Nola needs to at least start the 9th. This is a must win, and he's your franchise pitcher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT