ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 Phillies Thread.....

Corbin visiting the Phils yesterday.

They are talking five years, $100m plus for Corbin. Hard to imagine this guy costs you that much given his injury history and career numbers. But the Phillies desperately want a lefty for their rotation and they are intrigued to slot him in between Nola and Jake. It also allows them to bolster their pen by moving Pivetta and/or Vince to the pen.

They are talking five years, $100m plus for Corbin. Hard to imagine this guy costs you that much given his injury history and career numbers. But the Phillies desperately want a lefty for their rotation and they are intrigued to slot him in between Nola and Jake. It also allows them to bolster their pen by moving Pivetta and/or Vince to the pen.
Trade for Greinke

Trade for Greinke

Greinke has a pretty healthy no trade block and I assume the Phillies are one of the teams included in his trade block. He’s owed $100m for 19-21. They gave Jake $75m and I think they would view both as being somewhat at similar places in their career arc. I think that might be a tough salary pill to swallow for them IMO.

crazy contract for Corbin. Definitely solid last year. But I would be concerned committing that much. My priority on spending is hitting and defense. Whether it is Corbin, Harper, or Machado, will be interesting to see how much they front load into the contracts.

Reactions: WestSideLion
crazy contract for Corbin. Definitely solid last year. But I would be concerned committing that much. My priority on spending is hitting and defense. Whether it is Corbin, Harper, or Machado, will be interesting to see how much they front load into the contracts.
I think the Phils also need to consider their hitter-friendly ballpark when signing top-tier pitchers (if Corbin even is one).

The Phillies are going after high priced pitchers, would it make sense to get a quality defensive catcher?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT