ADVERTISEMENT

One way that PSU can get back at cheating Michigan is to . . .

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
let the grass grow at Beaver Stadium so that it's like a pasture. Because Michigan is used to playing on a fast field, and PSU's offense is not based on explosive plays, this would work in PSU's advantage.

• Haha
Reactions: bluehair666
Problem with that plan is that the grass is about done growing in central PA .....
I actually thought that the grass was higher for the IU game than you normally see it at Beaver Stadium; maybe I just was seeing things.

If it slows them down it would do the same to our team.
Yeah, but our team on offense plays slowly even on a fast surface, so what would be the difference for us?

I'm just brainstorming to try to get back at them, and use the homefield advantage as much as possible.

Don't laugh. Remember some stories about Baseball grounds keepers being told to let grass grow longer or to be cut short depending upon who they played.

Reactions: bison13
Wasn’t the issue last year stopping the run game? Would longer grass help stop that?

Don't laugh. Remember some stories about Baseball grounds keepers being told to let grass grow longer or to be cut short depending upon who they played.
Clubs would also slightly bevel the 1st and 3rd base paths to make it more likely a bunt would roll fair or foul depending on if the home team (or visitors as the case may be) were good speedy bunters or not.

Yes, this definitely happened in baseball, and I'm sure that it also happened in football.

This is hilarious. Way back in the day our high school hosted Meyers high school. They had the Ismail brothers and were the best team in the conference.

The week leading up to the game it rained every day and the grounds crew couldn't cut the field. The tractor sunk into the field when he tried.

Our team held Rocket to 23 yards and upset them.

I chatted with him 4 years after and he still called bull on the super long grass. He laughed his butt off about it and is a great guy.

This is hilarious. Way back in the day our high school hosted Meyers high school. They had the Ismail brothers and were the best team in the conference.

The week leading up to the game it rained every day and the grounds crew couldn't cut the field. The tractor sunk into the field when he tried.

Our team held Rocket to 23 yards and upset them.

I chatted with him 4 years after and he still called bull on the super long grass. He laughed his butt off about it and is a great guy.
this has gone on in baseball since forever. If you play a team that is fast or hits a lot of ground balls, you grow the grass and water the basepaths. I watched Houston play, a very good power team defending their natty, and the basepaths looked like pig troughs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT