ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics News

This was my living room during the RBY/Lee/Starocci NCAA Finals in March.
This was such a great moment. Her backstory is really something too, as there was no regulation-sized pool in all of Alaska open to her for months of the pandemic, so she trained in a 25-meter length pool (vs 50-meter Olympic length) two hours away. Prior to that, when she had no access to any pool, she trained in Resurrection Bay, which a friend of mine from Alaska described as

Crazy, insane cold water, huge tidal currents, tons of boat traffic, all kinds of Alaska wildlife—just a wild Alaska waterway. I’ve been down there a bunch and have never thought about getting in that water. I just can’t imagine swimming there on a daily basis, especially in the spring during the lockdowns when there would have been ice and snow on the shore.

This was such a great moment. Her backstory is really something too, as there was no regulation-sized pool in all of Alaska open to her for months of the pandemic, so she trained in a 25-meter length pool (vs 50-meter Olympic length) two hours away. Prior to that, when she had no access to any pool, she trained in Resurrection Bay, which a friend of mine from Alaska described as
That's so cool thanks for sharing. Best part of the Olympics so far. Not having fans does take out a fun element of the olympics but this is a shot/split screen of a lifetime. So cool.

Reactions: diggerpup
That's so cool thanks for sharing. Best part of the Olympics so far. Not having fans does take out a fun element of the olympics but this is a shot/split screen of a lifetime. So cool.
Great story for sure--but the Tunisian who won the 400m Free was a pretty crazy story too.

Reactions: tikk10 and Grass
e5f16c38-4a0a-4bed-8563-5771ba409e8d

This is a great, simple graphic, but I have 2 beefs:
  1. "Eastern Standard Time". That is likely just a misnomer, should be "EDT" or Eastern Daylight Time. The alternative is some bizzaro time that no one uses.
  2. Let's add the women too! (I'll leave it up to the rest of you to decide whether Greco should also receive equal treatment, lol).

• Haha
Reactions: psumacw and hlstone
Anyone know (or have a sense about) how much time prior to the actual wrestling that the brackets come out? The morning of the matches? The night prior? The day before? Two days before?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Shouts out to the first woman to win Olympic Gold in Women's Taekwando. I didn't understand a damn thing when I watched the Gold Medal bout, but beating Russia is always fricken awesome. Anastasija Zolotic, I think is her name.
So . . . we have a 21 month old on the farm and after the Taekwando match he started lurching around the living room kicking his leg out and yelling. Nobody in the house could stop laughing .... which only encouraged more vigorous kicks. No more Taekwando for the little tike as it won’t help his top game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT