ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss' transfer class

Louis Moore was a big loss for us at Indiana, at Safety. Word was, Lane set up camp at one of the local steak house chains for the day interviewing many of the IU guys in the portal.

A for effort, Kiffin is trying to shore up his defense. Did he change DCs? If he still has Pete Golding, it probably won't matter who they bring in. He was the Bama DC over probably the 2 worst defensive units Bama has had under Saban.

A for effort, Kiffin is trying to shore up his defense. Did he change DCs? If he still has Pete Golding, it probably won't matter who they bring in. He was the Bama DC over probably the 2 worst defensive units Bama has had under Saban.
Yes, they are Ole Miss which is the equivalent to PSU. They will lose two games every season. It’s a given.

Reactions: aworsnup
Yes, they are Ole Miss which is the equivalent to PSU. They will lose two games every season. It’s a given.
They are improving, but are overrated this season. They won the games they should have, but barely beat a lot of bad/average teams.

I guess we will see in the Peach Bowl. I think Penn State wins easily, even without Diaz.

With this excellent transfer class they think they will challenge for the SEC next year, but they are nowhere close to that. They had zero chance of winning the West or the SEC this year. Their transfers aren't as good as Bama or UGA or Texas players.

I have read they don't actually have the money to pay all these players and are borrowing it, assuming or hoping they can get the money later. Might just be a rumor, but they did that early on NIL.

They are solidifying a top 15 team, which is something they have not been consistently in 60 years. So Kiffin is doing really well there.

Last edited:
They are improving, but are overrated this season. They won the games they should have, but barely beat a lot of bad/average teams.

I guess we will see in the Peach Bowl. I think Penn State wins easily, even without Diaz.

With this excellent transfer class they think they will challenge for the SEC next year, but they are nowhere close to that. They had zero chance of winning the West or the SEC this year. Their transfers aren't as good as Bama or UGA or Texas players.

I have read they don't actually have the money to pay all these players and are borrowing it, assuming or hoping they can get the money later. Might just be a rumor, but they did that early on NIL.

They are solidifying a top 15 team, which is something they have not been consistently in 60 years. So Kiffin is doing really well there.
Building through the portal will get you two losses a year. It degrades the culture of the team. Yes, it brings in high profile athletic individuals, but it degrades the overall culture of the team.

Reactions: MedDawg and mhlarch
Why go after all the early portal transfers when better ones will be coming? Doesn’t make sense.

All depends on the holes in your roster. Talent that you have to start with.

We probably could use the DEs Ole Miss got, but they aren't a necessity. The others are not for sure upgrades.

Reactions: Westcoast24
All depends on the holes in your roster. Talent that you have to start with.

We probably could use the DEs Ole Miss got, but they aren't a necessity. The others are not for sure upgrades.
But if the holes in your roster can be filled by better players later, why rush now?

Reactions: hoflane
Passing up on top prospects now would make no sense.
There aren’t that many top prospects in the portal yet…more will be coming. And how do any of us know that Franklin’s passing on any prospects, maybe they just don’t want to come to PSU or maybe they want to go somewhere else.

There aren’t that many top prospects in the portal yet…more will be coming. And how do any of us know that Franklin’s passing on any prospects, maybe they just don’t want to come to PSU or maybe they want to go somewhere else.
We most likely don't have the money to buy them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT