ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ole Miss too much for shorthanded Penn State to handle as Lions fall 38-25

It’s 10:30 and Ole Miss players just showed up a few minutes ago. Penn State has been warming up for a good 30 minutes or so already. 90 minutes until kick.

Reactions: NedFromYork
It’s 10:30 and Ole Miss players just showed up a few minutes ago. Penn State has been warming up for a good 30 minutes or so already. 90 minutes until kick.
Stands to reason. The Miss. coaches told the players to rest as long as possible since they will be running for their lives against our defense.

Looks like Kalen is out now...it sounded like he might be on a 'plan'...similar to what Saquon was.

This is ridiculous.

Kalen is the one guy that should be out there since his tape this year in my opinion was pretty shi**y.

And, didn't Theo indicate in his exit letter on Twitter that he was draft bound, but will play in the bowl? Lol what a joke

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit2.0
Looks like Kalen is out now...it sounded like he might be on a 'plan'...similar to what Saquon was.

This is ridiculous.

Kalen is the one guy that should be out there since his tape this year in my opinion was pretty shi**y.

And, didn't Theo indicate in his exit letter on Twitter that he was draft bound, but will play in the bowl? Lol what a joke
Yep, it is a business for these guys. I agree King could help himself today but he apparently doesn't think so. Just look at how MHJ torched him. More where that came from at the next level for him.

Reactions: PennState_one

This is ridiculous.

Things change--players get advice and make informed decision. Hopefully Franklin was encouraging many of them to skip the game. His primary responsibility is their future.

Kalen's stock won't be saved by a bowl game. He needs to dominate the combine. I do agree he could have used extra film but a bad bowl game for him could also be detrimental. He's going to rely on the combine and his athleticism. Basically betting on himself.

We knew there would be more guys out than Chop. We're not different in that regard nor should we want to be.

Yep, it is a business for these guys. I agree King could help himself today but he apparently doesn't think so. Just look at how MHJ torched him. More where that came from at the next level for him.
No question. He needed better tape against an actual passing team, like today. I guess what ticks me off is all week JF and the players were espousing 'culture' yadda yadda...and yet, 5 starters are sitting out. Two of which, it was heavily inferred that there would be a plan for King and Theo. I guess not. And, Theo literally said in his exit on Twitter he was eager to be with them one more time. It's all BS.

Things change--players get advice and make informed decision. Hopefully Franklin was encouraging many of them to skip the game. His primary responsibility is their future.

Kalen's stock won't be saved by a bowl game. He needs to dominate the combine. I do agree he could have used extra film but a bad bowl game for him could also be detrimental. He's going to rely on the combine and his athleticism. Basically betting on himself.

We knew there would be more guys out than Chop. We're not different in that regard nor should we want to be.
JFs responsibility is first for the program/team, and secondarily, players future. Both are vital. But, he is paid to win games first, not encourage a mid-round TE to leave

Reactions: bdgan and KCLion
Agreed. These guys could hurt their stock as easily as they could help their stock. I guess it is a gamble that some don't want to chance.

Surprised Theo not playing. He should. Starting to resemble Arkansas game now but we have better depth now so we will see.

Reactions: scrivener
JFs responsibility is first for the program/team, and secondarily, players future. Both are vital. But, he is paid to win games first, not encourage a mid-round TE to leave
He's not paid to win scrimmages. And he absolutely should be encouraging mid round TEs to enter the draft.

The more kids that opt out today the better this game helps him prepare for next year which is what he keeps talking about the bowls now being.

Players being drafted is way better for recruiting than winning the Peach Bowl

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
No question. He needed better tape against an actual passing team, like today. I guess what ticks me off is all week JF and the players were espousing 'culture' yadda yadda...and yet, 5 starters are sitting out. Two of which, it was heavily inferred that there would be a plan for King and Theo. I guess not. And, Theo literally said in his exit on Twitter he was eager to be with them one more time. It's all BS.
Is Theo at the game? If so, he's with the team one more time, right? Just like Harrison was for Ohio State.

He's not paid to win scrimmages. And he absolutely should be encouraging mid round TEs to enter the draft.

The more kids that opt out today the better this game helps him prepare for next year which is what he keeps talking about the bowls now being.

Players being drafted is way better for recruiting than winning the Peach Bowl
Bowls don't matter to you, but they matter for still a good many alums and fans. Doesn't make you or me right.

Then for JF and the players to promote this 'culture' nonsense, when it only looked like 3 guys were sitting out, and now apparently, it's 5, all starters, its ridiculous. And, disingenuous.

Is Theo at the game? If so, he's with the team one more time, right? Just like Harrison was for Ohio State.
Theo worded it as if he was playing. "I cannot wait to be with my PSU family one last time, when we compete at the Peach Bowl."

We insinuates that he would play.

Bowls don't matter to you, but they matter for still a good many alums and fans. Doesn't make you or me right.

Then for JF and the players to promote this 'culture' nonsense, when it only looked like 3 guys were sitting out, and now apparently, it's 5, all starters, its ridiculous. And, disingenuous.
He uses that stuff to placate the segment of the fan base that demands it.

He's not paid to win bowl games. He's paid to make the playoff and contend for titles. Big Ten and national. He's failed. Next year he can't.

Theo worded it as if he was playing. "I cannot wait to be with my PSU family one last time, when we compete at the Peach Bowl."

We insinuates that he would play.
He picked his words carefully like O'Brien used to. I thought he'd play based on that but as long as his teammates knew I'm good.

It’s a whole new world in college football. I’m not upset with the players, it’s just the way it is.

The end result though, as a fan, I was excited for the game but not anymore. Now I guess I’m just curious to see how the young guys do. Kinda sad.

It’s a whole new world in college football. I’m not upset with the players, it’s just the way it is.

The end result though, as a fan, I was excited for the game but not anymore. Now I guess I’m just curious to see how the young guys do. Kinda sad.
I get this but it's why we need to change how we look at bowl games. It's a chance to see some guys for the last time but it also gives you insight into the next season. The outcome doesn't matter but today will help us (and hopefully Franklin) fully understand what they need in the portal. It's almost better if those graduating/leaving don't play.

I was informed that Franklin uses NIL to keep players...so why do they all opt out every year?

I get this but it's why we need to change how we look at bowl games. It's a chance to see some guys for the last time but it also gives you insight into the next season. The outcome doesn't matter but today will help us (and hopefully Franklin) fully understand what they need in the portal. It's almost better if those graduating/leaving don't play.
If they don't know what is needed in the portal by now, we are in trouble. Today shouldn't reflect that. The 12 game regular season magnified the areas in dire need of help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT